Should Tim Tebow start Week 6 vs. the Colts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Banjo, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the Jets against Indy?

1. It's Tebow Time!

44.4%
  2. Let's stick with Sanchez for now.

55.6%
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the ground game got better and Tim was a big part of that but it's not like the ground game wasn't working the first 5 weeks.

2. catfish

catfish New Member

unfortunately he was the only person on the team who could run it. in total over 5 games they had 472 yds not couting yards tebow added in the chargers game, even with his yard that is about 100 yards per game...roughly 25th

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You inadvertently made an argument to keep Sanchez starting....

4. VanderbiltJets

You're completely wrong. Benching Sanchez cannot be un-done (Sanchez's Box), so it has to be a last resort. We don't have a "QB of the Future" backing up Sanchez... Given his contract situation if Sanchez gets benched we're rebuilding and drafting another QB.

5. catfish

catfish New Member

I show the jets giving up 19 points per game in the 2010 regular season, and that is before taking out pick sixes fumbles for TD special teams etc

I will give you this, when the Denver D played well they were really good, when they didn't the game often got out of reach fast. The pats could have scored 70 in the playoff game if they hadn't taken the foot off the gas. They were probably closer to the 16th best D when Tebow was in, mostly because he helped TOP, but they were bottom of the league in forced turnovers, starting LOS . they were far from top 10, and the receivers had drop problems that makes the jets this year look sure handed

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There was that one drive by Brady that went 5-6 minutes I think and was 90% runs. Made me throw up watching it. They iced the game running the ball down our throats

7. catfish

catfish New Member

you gotta ride this season out with Sanchez and hope he improves. too much money tied up in him to do otherwise. He either gets it together and wins some games, or they write the season off to injuries and head in to the offseason with a high pick

8. VanderbiltJets

Exactly. Every Sanchez "supporter" either has admitted or should admit that Sanchez wouldn't be so solidified in the starting position if it weren't for his new contract extension. We almost beat the best team in the league with Mark under center and Tebow all over the field, so I can't say I'm uncomfortable with Sanchez moving forward.

9. catfish

catfish New Member

nah me either I think they will be fine, I will argue all day that Tebow is equally good as Mark as a passer, but if 2 guys are comparable you go with the one that is the incumbent.

I just want 1 person to say that just possibly Tebow was put into a bad situatio last year and his numbers reflect that, same as Mark is struggling this year largely due to situation.

10. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Sanchez is done with the Jets anyway. His future was killed the day they brought in Tebow.

It happened in Denver. Orton - like Sanchez - was a good, solid QB doing pretty well. As a low-key, quiet leader, he was effective when it was clear that the FO and coaches were backing him - that he was "the man." Then the Tebow circus came to town. It undermines good, solid QBs. Tebow's fans and hype as a "superstar" causes division on the team. It looks like management has no faith in the current starter. It erodes a QB's ability to be a leader on the team. So offensive production declines and Sanchez takes the blame.

It's inevitably headed towards Tebow starting. Cut short the suffering now and just take the plunge. It will start the process of moving on - the sooner the better...

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so we should bench mark because it will take to long to get all the pieces to make a winner? because really a rb and a road grader g would probbly be all this team needs to make this offense decent

and start tebow and begin the process of getting all the pieces to make a winner?probably the same pieces needed and scrapping the whole playbook they just installed

or are you suggesting tebow could take this team as currently constructed to the super bowl? i just don't see that.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What I would like to see is Sanchez with some weapons around him. I'm not a big Sanchez fan but a lot on here has said that our WR don't get open.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Not advocating he be benched right now, but I hate this line of thinking to keep him starting. It absolutely can be undone. Sure, he might get his butt-hurt for awhile, but if he gets benched, he is QB2 and it is his job as a professional to be ready if the coaches decide to go back to him. Why must the entire organization bend to this one individual's feelings?

14. Remarker

Remarker Banned

The following is a repost from page 2 of this thread iirc. If I need me to enlarge the first line of my repost even more for you to be able to read it, I will. Just let me know. If you happen to be able to read the first line and decide to continue into the meat of my post, please find a red highlighted line that repeats the same point as is conveyed in the first line. But don't let me stop you from posting bull shit. Just expect me to do what I can to help you avoid posting bull shit about me.

#114 Remarker, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  15. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Above this comment is a repost of mine that is pretty clear about whether I think Mark should start or not. Just in case that repost is confusing, I'll repeat, I THINK MARK SHOULD STAY THE STARTING QB FOR THE JETS.

The reason I think Mark should continue to start is because I don't think it matters who starts for the Jets as long as the HC and/or the OC call plays that get the goody from the players that give the Jets the best chance to win games. Consistantly calling smart plays hasn't been done yet. Play calling is the main obstacle to the Jets having a 4-1 record, IMO. And if Rex hadn't given up against the 49ers even before the game, the Jets might even be 5-0 now.

Before I'm jumped for being to optimistic with the 5-0, I know it's a stretch. Still, I think there is a lot to like about the Jets. The Jets' play calling? Not so much.

#115 Remarker, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  16. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

If the objective is to win as many games as possible this year, the decision should be to play Tebow. No need to babble about whether or not it is Sanchez' "fault".

Tebow, right now, is a player with a skillset that more effectively offsets the lack of playmakers on offense. The Jets need a strong dose of swagger and confidence, not to mention someone who can produce BIG plays.

The OP asked if Tebow should start. He didn't ask "who is the better QB, better passer, etc.

Start Tebow. If he fails to produce, or show refinement of skills in the passing game, unload him in the offseason

17. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Nice post, but from a coach's perspective, this is not going to happen unless Sanchez has a complete meltdown. Put yourself in their shoes. If they start Tebow and it doesn't work out, then they will look like clowns for replacing a technically "good" QB for a technically "bad" QB.

As long as Sanchez is QB, the blame can be placed on Sanchez, the lack of receivers, the O line, bad breaks, whatever. If they start Tebow and it doesn't work out, all the blame falls on the coaches...period. Conditions will have to get worse than fans think before they would actually move to Tebow.

Sanchez's numbers will improve with Keller, and as he gets in rhythm with the "new guys". Remember, the Jets do not have a tough schedule. They should be able to get enough wins to maintain the status quo without a huge backlash. The Pat's are the only likely losses (but anything can happen), the rest are average or bad teams that the Jets can beat if they can get their act together.

#117 BJXX, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  18. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I don't advocate benching Sanchez...yet, but this ridiculous "feelings" issue is not the reason why. Everyone is talking about this, but I've never heard it mentioned in any other QB controversy.

I don't think he is as emotionally fragile as we are being told. But if he is, should he be the QB?!!

19. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Tebow has always been judged by an different standard. Romo threw 5 picks in one game, both Mannings have had 3 INT games this year, Stafford threw 4 (I think), and they are explained away. Can you imagine the outcry if Tebow threw 2 INT's in a game?

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Stick with Sanchez!!!!!!