What do these people see so much in Tebow? I just dont get it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NFL, Oct 9, 2012.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

I can understand Bayless being a little fag that he is why he's a fan, half of all from him comes just for media time, I just don't understand what others see in him? Someone please explain to me what in him makes you switch teams so quickly?

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

1. He is not Mark Sanchez - who is a loser with loser sensabilities.

2. He is a motivator who could probably lead us on longer drives and more points than Sanchez.

3. He is a better runner than any of our current RBs.

4. He creates excitement.

5. He is not Mark Sanchez

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Post of the day winner!:breakdance:

4. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

In every sport, everyone loves the backup when the starter does not succeed.

5. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

There are a lot of different answers to this. His college fans follow him because he was an all-time great in college and the Florida NFL teams blow. His religious fans follow him because he's an outspoken Christian. He's picked up some NFL fans because he basically trolled the NFL with his ability to win in totally unconventional and borderline impossible ways. And a portion of Jets fans are calling for him because we're sick of seeing Sanchez be terrible and somehow shirk accountability.

But I think most of the Jets fans that want to see him play don't actually think he's any good. I don't, at least. I don't expect him to be a long-term solution. I just want something other than Sanchez. Sanchez is the worst quarterback in the NFL to hold a starting gig, uninterrupted, for the past 3+ years. It's not even close. I'm cool with anything else. We can put Tebow in, trade for Stanton back, or just have Shonn Greene take snaps and play with an extra lineman. I don't care. I just don't want to spend one more day knowing the Jets are pretending this guy is a franchise QB.

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I think I'll ride this thread to the Promised Thread. All aboard!!!

Err, notice this is the #6 comment. Oh shit, what have I gotten into now?

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

Thank you for explaining yourself. Do you think that Tebow is worthy of being in the NFL as a QB?

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree and we have no long term solution at QB on our team. We are currently playing for this season and this season only. Give Tebow a shot. Or at least more complete drives.

We probably had a much better chance of winning last night if Tebow took over during the last 3 minutes.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

See this is actually a good post, you honestly really just explained this to me to a point that now I understand a little more. I agree with you, I don't believe Sanchez is the answer,, but Tebow is definitely not the long term answer eather. We need to draft a new QB.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

I don't agree with you here. Sanchez does fine when the game is in the line. Blamable Cumberland for last nights loss.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

He is not an NFL QB - he is like a rugby player.

That said - a rugby player is better than our starting QB. :rofl:

Like I said in the other post. There is no long term solution for us at QB right now so lets do what we can to try and win now - or at least score more points.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I like Greg McElroy more.

13. HoffaLiesBeneath

HoffaLiesBeneath New Member

I think the same hater types in Denver said this in week 6 last year. They wanted to stick with Orton. We all see what happened there.

If Jets seem bent on tanking season with lousy Sanchez, maybe they should try to see what they can get in a trade with Tebow.

14. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

It is rather hard for a non-QB to take a team that was 4-14 (with him on the bench), being spotted a 1-4 record to 8-5 with a playoff win. He has already had success as an NFL QB. That's the facts.

15. Potzer

Potzer New Member

filler filler rah rah

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I blame the coaches for putting us in positions to lose the game and poor preparation.

The play of the game that nobody is talking about was on defense. Their TE ran down the seam completely uncovered for an easy TD. One blown coverage was the real difference between winning and losing.

But Sanchez and his teasing of being competent is beyond stale. I really can’t name one good quality he has as an NFL QB. Can you?

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we put McElroy in we really are giving up on the season.

EDIT

Mc Elroy is basically putting in a completely raw rookie to lead a very bad offense mid season. A raw rookie who is going to rely on his arm in this offense would be an interception machine – and our running game is so bad he would have to throw it.

Its hard enough being a rookie in a decent offense and a full training camp taking the snaps with the first team. But to come in so green mid season for your first start is a recipe for disaster. It would take four games just to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

Personally I would like to see what the kid can do. But it’s a terrible time to try. There is a slim chance Tebow could lead us to an exciting season and maybe even a playoff birth thanks to the lack of a lot of dominant teams ATM. There is zero chance Mc Elroy could do this.

#17 ouchy, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That sums it up in bold right there. What some brainiacs on this board don't realize is that we just want anybody other than Sanchez as he is the single biggest reason why we are now a mediocre team.

It has nothing to do with tebow. it has everything to do with a QB who gives us a great chance to win every week and Sanchez has clearly displayed that he's not that guy. Time to move on from him.

19. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

The play of the game was the turnover in the redzone with seconds left in the first half. Sure point taken away and given to Texans.

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I'll admit that is why I'm here.

{sarcasm on} Maybe the powers that be will let him play the rest of the year with the hopes of snagging a Manning next year. {Sarcasm off} :)