Should Tim Tebow start Week 6 vs. the Colts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Banjo, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the Jets against Indy?

1. It's Tebow Time!

44.4%
  2. Let's stick with Sanchez for now.

55.6%
  1. catfish

catfish New Member

he had 2 interceptions, and managed to score 16 points total. He was gifted a pick 6 and that is the only reason he even had a prayer of tying the game in the end. Now pick 6s happen, but teams usually dont win games where they turn the ball over multiple times. It wasn't Mark playing well, it was Tannehill playing worse than Sanchez

2. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I totally agree! Both picks were tip balls. Until Sanchez has time to get on the same page with his WRs, it will be tough for him.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

On the 2nd INT, everyone keeps blaming it on Cumberland, but the pass from Sanchez was too high.

2nd INT = Sanchez's fault.

4. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Tipped ball int's shouldn't even count against the QB imo.

5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Listen Mark fans, Mark could take a team to the SB. I wouldn't argue he can't. AND you are all correct, if Mark had the necessary playmakers on his team, he could 'git er done', no problem.

The deal is, virtually NO team has ALL the NECESSARY playmakers needed to be able to plug in a decent QB and win a SB.

Spending year after year trying to get ALL of the NECESSARY playmakers to be able to use a QB like Mark for winning a SB will take so much time Mark will have grandchildren. Good luck with Mark winning a SB then.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so what? how many times did tebow's D score for him last year or hold down an opponent until late in games so he could lead one drive. Mark made the plays to win the game.

he made the right decision on both INts, just bad luck led to INTs.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I just get sick of these Tebow lovers wanting to start him. Fuck Mark feeling this about winning and I don't see how Tebow would be better. I'm still wondering how they want a guy who under 50% comp be the starter. Yes Mark been under 50% but to sit back and think this is all on mark is just plan DUMB

8. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

But for Tebow it was all on him? he had two of the league low recievers regarding drops. You make no sense. I think Sanchez should keep starting, but atleast with Tebow's sub 50% he was winning games. You need to stop hating so much man. You have a personal thing against the guy, that much anyone can see.

#48 hutch2426, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

where did I say it was all Tebow? I don't look at stats that much I look with my eyes. My eyes tell me Tebow is garbage at throwing the ball. Plus when I said it not all on Sanchez I mean the drops,the rush D,oline,running game and not getting any pursure on the other team QB. It's a TEAM game. Not with all that said yes Sanchez should get some of the blame but not enough to bench him. Just for the record I'm not a big Sanchez fan.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

yeah he won games last season but he only beat 1 team with 500+ record and that was Pitt. Everybody keeps calling him a winner I'm sorry 9-7 is not a winner in my book. I know I know the Giants went 9-7 last season and won the super bowl, but Tebow hasn't. Look at Mark record since coming into the NFL by Tebow standards he a winner also.

11. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

The Broncos went through the same thing last year. The drops, the line, everything you have stated. Tebow went through the same thing as Sanchez this year, so I dont believe Sanchez should be benched either. They both have lacked weapons.

12. nyjunc

Den went 8-8 to make the playoffs but Tebow was 7-4 as a starter

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

So fucking what. The Jets went 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs. All that shows was he was in a weaker division.

14. catfish

catfish New Member

who did Sanchez beat with a winning record last year?

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Here a fact look it up. When Brian Dawkins went down Tebow record from there was 2-5 counting the playoffs.

16. phaytal

phaytal New Member

You realize that you are trashing Sanchez for the same exact reason that Tebow critics trash Tebow, do you not?

The irony is thick with this one...

17. nyjunc

you posted he was 9-7, I was just correcting your incorrect info.

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Off the top of my head I don't think anyone but a lot of those games was on Sanchez. I'm not sitting telling u Mark a great QB I'm saying he gives the Jets the best chance to win right now not Tebow.

19. catfish

catfish New Member

it was 2-4, he only lost 5 games total last year, the first was his 2nd week of starting. Two of his last 4 losses came against the Patriots for comparison sake last year

in the jets 2 losses to the PATS

they scored 35 points plus 2 for a safety and gave up 67

in the Broncos 2 losses

they scored 33 points and gave up 86

20. catfish

catfish New Member

Difference being Tebow was asked to throw on 30% of snaps, Sanchez is asked to throw on 60%, different % responsibility for production. If Sanchez only threw the ball 10 times, and they ran the ball 50 times I couldn't get on him to bad as his opportunities to do anything positive to help would be limited.