Should Tim Tebow start Week 6 vs. the Colts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Banjo, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the Jets against Indy?

1. It's Tebow Time!

44.4%
  2. Let's stick with Sanchez for now.

55.6%
  1. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Sanchez had some decent throws last night. Game was competitive to the end. Was a bit upset about not letting Tebow have 3 shots to run it in at the goal line but w/e. Tebow should be given a series but Sanchez didn't play himself out of the job.

2. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Tebow fan here. I'll just state some of the points already made that I'll agree with. Last nights game was not all on Sanchez. Watt's is just a playmaker. The last int should have been caught by the receiver. Having said that, Tebow can probably do better with this team the way it is now considering the players that are around him. I wonder if the coaches really have enough plays yet for a TT offense? I am biased. So I think TT should start. I love the attitude Tebow brings at the end of his runs to pump up his teammates. Even though he lacks some skills at qb, Tebow is the type of player that can change the momentum of a game in my opinion.

#22 John Chisum, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. reverseapachemaster

Let me answer this question: fuck no.

4. Dennis

Dennis New Member

I can't fucking believe that I'm about to say this...

...Start Tebow.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

The Jets are not getting any better and they'll probably get jumped in the divisional standings this Sunday by either Miami or Buffalo (or both).

Tebow is a very charismatic indivdual - a natural leader type. But having him in the no. 2 spot eats away at the starter's ability to lead. The lockerroom becomes divided and the starter losses team support. It happened in Denver and now it's happening with the Jets.

Sanchez simply cannot effectively lead the Offense any more. So it's become pointless to keep putting him out there.

At this point, the Jets can't really do any worse with Tebow. So get him out there. He may provide a spark to help win a few games. Maybe the coaches can come up with a fresh take on the spread option.

It's time to change something. Start Tebow...

#24 Dennis, Oct 9, 2012
  5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The schedule is about to get a little easier.

If you start Tebow, this team makes the playoffs.

6. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

To think Sanchez completion % is lower in 5 games then any 5 consecutive games Tebow has played.

7. Remarker

Remarker Banned

This dumb ass thinks it is dumb to start anyone but Mark.

First, maybe grow up. Childishly calling others names deminishes your creds,,,,AND if anyone needs some peer respecting creds., it's you.

However, dumb is the perfect word for describing who the fuck ever is making Jets' game plans and is calling Jets' plays.

So far, I have seen only 1 fucking game the Jets should have lost. It's the 49er game for anyone that has problems adding 1+1. It should have been lost because the Jets HC didn't even try to get his team up for the game. Rex even started making excusses for losing to the 49ers in his news conferences leading up to that game. Don't take my word for it, watch 'em. Read his body language and listen for all the excuses for losing the game he itemized and compare that to how many times he showed confidence in the Jets ability to rise to the occasion, like he did for this Texans game, even with some starters out.

That's not to say the players should have broken weak for the 49ers game, but they did. That happens often when a football team doesn't have a strong leader as their starting QB, but I digress further. This thread is about whether Mark should start or not.

Mark should start, and the other players should do whatever is needed to help Mark be successful. That includes Tebow and only using a few of the Tebow plays we have seen so far. Other uses of Tebow that should have been included are leaving Tebow in or putting him in in the red zone and Tebow running complete series instead of busting up series' of Mark's, except maybe in the red zone, unless Mark is on a good roll and it's likely Mark can help punch it in.

The glaring question is; Why the fuck isn't the Jets HC and OC playing the players and calling the plays that give them the best opportunity to fucking win? And why are they making the bone headed calls they make,,,on both sides of the ball?

If the answer is because they (HC/OC) don't want to hurt Mark's feeling because Mark can't take it, then fuck Mark. Start anyone else and let Tim and the rest of the Jets do the job they can do, with or without Mark.

The shit that is happening with the Jets is the same fucking thing that happened in Denver. The HC and OC had no faith that their entire team could win if Tim was playing QB. That misconception demanded that the players choose sides and the players (and the fans) went against the coaches and that gave Tim and his teammates the opportunity to prove they could win. Rex and Tony need to wise the fuck up. As for the Tim detractors, they can kiss my ass. I don't care if they wise up or not. Some people like being dumb. Look how many people vote Republican.

At least try to win games that are winnable!!! With half decent play calling the Jets would probably be 4-1.

#27 Remarker, Oct 9, 2012
  8. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Give him one until the bye week.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The weird part is that completion percentage was considered fatal to Tebow's future, even when he was doing it while winning (so it was good enough within the context of the game). He was doing i twhile leading the NFL in air yards per completion (throwing low percentage, downfield passes).

Sanchez throws for the low percentage while also losing, and also throwing interceptions, and it gets explained away.

I agree there's more to the story than the completion percentage and even stats generally, but the same benefit of doubt should go to Tebow when he's in his first real chance to play and leading his team on a winning streak.

10. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Totally on point and further evidence that it is the Tim detractors that are phsyco not Tim fans.

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Tebow is a totally different animal. If coaches want him to start, they better change things to use his strength. Tebow's offense uses all kinds of run to gain short yardage, and occasional deep pass to keep defense honest and pay for stack the box. If coaches put Tebow in a traditional west coast offense, everyone will be screwed.

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

In the first five games of the season there has only been one worse. Jamarcus Russell in '09.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

and yet we won 2 games b/c of the QB and nearly won a 3rd b/c of the QB. I don't worry about fantasy #s

14. catfish

catfish New Member

I'll give you the Bills win, but they won against the dolphins despite Sanchez, not because of him

15. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

Jets lost against the Texans for a variety of reasons, but not time to replace Sanchez. We got beat by a better team. He deserves to remain the starter.

16. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Huh? 2 ints in critical situations, 2 fumbles, Misses a sure TD on the Cro throw, Throws a bullet high and behind Cumberland. 45% completion ratio. 4-5 passes batted down by telegraphing the throws.

ARE YOU KIDDING?

You are as lost as Mark.

The best pass thrown by a Jet last night was thrown by Tebow. And it was dropped. Figures.

17. nyjunc

he did lead them on the TD drive down 4 late in the 4th then led us to a chip shot FG for the win.

18. nyjunc

neither INT was his fault, when did he lose a fumble?

19. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

both ints were his fault. Putting the ball on the ground is still a fumble even if your team recovers it. Recovering a fumble has to due with luck and hussle.

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Ohhh, that's right. How easy it is for us to forget. It was Tim's fault.

Sorry 'bout that (cough cough).