Should Tim Tebow start Week 6 vs. the Colts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Banjo, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the Jets against Indy?

1. It's Tebow Time!

44.4%
  2. Let's stick with Sanchez for now.

55.6%
  1. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Do not underestimate Indy. Andrew Luck is every bit the real deal and will be tough to beat. However, you can absolutely run on Indy. That's their weakness. Which means... perfect scenario for TIM TEBOW to step in! I could easily see Tebow running them over all day along! And let's face it, no one trusts Mark Sanchez anymore. He underwhelms and disappoints on nearly every drive. We need to get back to .500!!

It's Tebow Time. Who's with me?

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

3. Heat

Heat New Member

Benching Sanchez will not solve all the problems. However I would like to see what Tebow has to offer...

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

No, Sanchez played well enough to get this game, however he must play well and win.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I am a Tebow fan, but voted against it. This was not a good game for Sanchez, but I have to admit it wasn't as painful to watch as some of the bad Tebow games last year. I would like to see Tebow get the starting job, but only if and after Sanchez completely melts down. At this point, he's just not playing well. He hasn't played bad enough to get benched yet, IMO.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Totally agreed, i would like to see Sanchez with Keller and Hill on the field to get a complete fair evaluation.

Also Matt Cassel, Russel Wilson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Cam Newton are all playing worse than Sanchez and yet no one is questioning their job security? (Exempt Cassel)

#6 Diddy, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  7. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Every game is like "gold". Gotta try to win each one. There is no room for worry about psyche, feelings, etc.

You go with 15 for two reasons:

1. His skillset is a better match for this offense, which is short on playmakers
    2. The club needs to see if Tebow is in their plans for 2013 & beyond, so they can acquire the right players in the offseason

Sound familiar Bronco fans?

8. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

If Sanchez is benched, he must be benched for the remainder of the season
    Bench him once and confidence will be shattered

One more chance for Sanchez then it's Tebow time

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

4 games with under 50 percent completion, multiple redzone interceptions, multiple untimely sacks, and multiple over/under/shank throws is 'well enough'?

10. stayclassy

stayclassy New Member

it has gotten pretty bad when sub par games with under 50% completion rates and more INTs than TDs is now considered a "decent/alright" game.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What u dumb asses need to look at. Is the most of this Sanchez fault? Hell no it not. Yes his game needs to improve but Tebow is not the answer. IF Tebow ever becomes the starter of this team it will be his last season with the Jets, because they will be looking for a new starter in the offseason. Then where Tebow end up? I don't think the Jags will want him now with the way there QB is playing. Who else would want him? A lot of teams don't want him because he not good enough to take that what he will bring with him in the media.

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Thank you. This is what common sense looks like.

13. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I think by all the metrics Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL right now. I don't know how you keep running that out there.

Put Tebow in. Go full read option.

14. Tebowverde

Tebowverde New Member

I really think they should let Tebow play more..he likes to throw it long..he's done almost zero passing..needs to change. Against the Steelers..he threw it long..they need to let him pass more. So far, he's hardly played quarterback..what has he been? Left guard, coin toss caller, punt defender, blocker but hardly no qb. Of course they are going to be out of sync cause their is no consistency...the coaching really needs to help his players out and have them get a chance to get in sync. Or have Tebow not play qb so Sanchez can get in sync, ya know? I am not sure what the Jets were thinking when they got him..to not play qb and play musical chairs?

#14 Tebowverde, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You had me until you started talking about Blaine Gabbert playing well.

He sucks. Like seriously.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I don't know if I'm buying into that axiom anymore. You can bench Tebow just like anyone else. Sanchez is a professional athlete getting paid big bucks to play football, so he better be ready to play should he is benched and then called back up. People act as though he is paying the Jets for the privilege to play. Why should he be given any more consideration than anyone else because people think he is weak mentally. Who knows... maybe he's stronger than we think. In any event, his job is safe for now. He hasn't self-destructed.

17. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

This season is truly a perfect storm and a worst-case scenario. Might as well start Tebow.... at H-Back.

18. catfish

catfish New Member

Sanchez played well enough last night to get a chance to face a less than elite tema next week, he didn't look abysmal this game considering who he was up against, he may look good against Indy

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I never wanted Tebow. Never wanted the trade and if he starts at QB I hope he fails miserably. Having said that the team has been decimated enough that I may get my wish if they actually start him.

The root of all idiocy here is the owner. The CS has gotten stale. The FO won't stand up to Mr (Tiny) Johnson. We can only hope he'll fire everybody and hire someone who will demand full control of football ops and get it.

Maybe Tebow at QB is the fastest way there after all....

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

absolutely not, Sanchez played well last night. We didn't lose b/c of the QB. We lost b/c JJ Watt is the best defensive player in the game right now.