The Crucifixion of Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, as most of you already know, I'm a Sanchez guy. But if he puts up another 0 spot tonight, there's no doubt tebow is gonna be the starter going forward. They can't get embarrassed 2 home games in a row. With the intense media pressure and large amount of unsold seats, its only a matter of time, and I've just come to the realization of this.

The lack of weapons supplied by tannenbaum in the offseason just proves to me that the fix is indeed in.

But hey.. look on the bright side real jet fans: when the tebow experiment fails miserably, we can at least say that not even the son of god could save our beloved jets.

And so it begins:

#1 Bill Belichdouche, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Jets with a 2-3 record is not enough to get Sanchez benched, IMO. He has a long leash, so don't lose any sleep over it. Tebow would have to come in and throw a 99 yard TD (in the air with no YAC) to get any starting consideration at this point.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Tebow should be used more, not as a WC QB but in a role on O w/ Mark as the QB. tebow is a weapon and should be used.

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

He looks really slow on his plays. That guy on the Nners against us looked fast running the WC. Brad Smith when he did it for us looked fast. I really don't understand how Tebow did it last year.

5. catfish

catfish New Member

power running and making gains on broken plays. He is not built for running to the outside, let the rb take the outside on the read and tebow up the gut

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the leash with mark has lasted years. he should have bee benched mid way through the steelers game

7. jerseyjay14

he didnt. denver rarely used the wildcat with tebow. it was mostly spread option... especially late in the 4th. tons of shotgun 5 WR sets

8. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

That's ingenious - so they made the team really bad for Mark so they could bench him and let Tebow take over a really bad team? Brilliant!

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The Texans Defense is great so its pretty silly given his weapons to expect Sanchez to have a good game.

However if Keller and Hill return for the Colts game against a beatable defense and Sanchez has a poor showing then its understandable to put in Tebow.

10. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

If the Colts defense plays like they did against the Packers it could be a long day. They actually looked pretty good.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I think 11 of us on TGG can sack Rodgers at this point.....the Packers O-Line is a mess led by Bauluga the RT.

12. jerseyjay14

the colts defense has played better then ours, and there is 0 doubt their offense is better.

they have a much better qb and an all-pro WR.

i dont think we have much chance at beating them

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Tebow doesn't run the wildcat well at all. He runs the read option. Different animal entirely.

Don't feel bad. Jet's coaching staff apparently doesn't understand the difference either.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think he runs the read option all that well. There, I've said it. :smile:

#14 Bannon, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  15. HoffaLiesBeneath

HoffaLiesBeneath New Member

I don't blame Sanchez for everything, because all his passing weapons are hurt, but Please explain to me why people still think Sanchez is a better option than Tebow right now? I also agree with Joe Klecko for the first time ever... " Mark Sanchez is a good loser." He says all the right things after a loss. Shows no anger or fire.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

mark gave us a chance to win last night, the Tebow plays ,killed us going nowhere and costing us crucial timeouts. Tebow isn't running well and he can't throw, sanchez threw the ball well last night, JJ Watt just made some great plays to win the game.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The ONLY reason Sanchez is still playing is that the futures of Tannenbaum and Ryan are tied so tightly to his ass that they have no other choice.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He didn't run well enough on a fake punt on 4th an inches? Which got a first down.

He didn't run well enough in the redzone for 15 yards? Which got a first down.

He didn't throw well enough to a receiver? He threw right at the guy and he dropped the ball.

I was a big anti-Tebow person, but he seriously cannot possibly do any worse than Sanchez. And if he does; let's find out now instead of when we're out of playoff and wildcard contention.

JJ Watt didn't touch every single Sanchez pass... Sanchez threw for under 50 percent last night. And the game before. And the game before. And the game before... That is not 'playing well'. That is playing below average.

19. catfish

catfish New Member

I don't understand why there was so much confusion when he came in the game, I wouldn't keep switching him in for 1 play either, give him a string of plays or leave him on the bench. He was one of your more effective runners yesterday, but if they are going to need a timeout to get him on the field it isn't worth it

20. catfish

catfish New Member

to stick up a bit for Sanchez he was credited with 3 drops yesterday so the completion% is a bit misleading