Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I found out zone is good once you figure who your weakest defender is. In my Madden franchise I'll switch to zone a lot and I really focus on out routes. The middle of the field is usually strong for me, it's the out routes and posts to the sidelines. So I usually try to jump those manually.

Hmm I haven't had the MLB jumping like Superman much, what difficult are you on?

I like the curl routes a lot and my running back and tight end if they blitz. Definitely try a different QB and even try different offenses. I find throwing a lot easier if I go 4 wideouts or if I go 2. I have trouble throwing out of any formation that has 3 wide receivers and 2 people in the back field or a TE and RB or RB/FB. I don't know why, but I just can't do it.

Also, if you get a good running back, running can be fun.

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I'm on All-Madden with the sliders VERY tilted to the CPU and I'm still winning games 35-7. Any suggestions?

3. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen New Member

Use the Jets after they update Sanchez's rating

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I'll always use the jets online :)

5. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I haven't quite figured out the nuances of defense yet. I got the game a bit late, and to just get acquainted with the gameplay, I played the Career mode as a QB, so didn't focus on defense. But now that I just play games, defense tends to be a weaklink. Give up a ton of underneath crossing routes, although got to admit that the teams that I have played against tend to have good offense (I find it boring to play, say the Browns). That might be a good idea, since I rarely get pressure as a DL, unless I bring a blitz, which I tend to do more often than not now.

The Qb career, started off at pro, which was too easy, went to All-Pro, which sucked, and All Madden sucks even worse. I tend to have the problem on routes where there is a slant, and the main defender is playing back, so as soon as the WR starts the slant, I hit it, but the underneath LB almost always jumps it. I kinda started to counter it with pump fakes to an outside WR, but still happens atleast 3 times a games for INT.

My main problem has been that I almost always run plays from shotgun. Even though I tend to run the ball atleast 20-25 times, I do it 95% out of shotgun, because I'm just way more comfortable with the formation. So far on offense, I find that, if the CB is playing off the WR by about 7 yards, the curl route is pretty safe (unless it's zone and the LB drifts back). And a straight go route audible works well if it's press coverage with the safety deep since most WRs tend to beat the CB off the line. Everything else I try to do is hit or miss. I also tend to send the RB on wheel or go routes, which have been somewhat effective. Although part of the problem is I guess, that I never just throw the ball away, always feel like there is a little bit of a chance that someone catches it. I actually find the 2 in the backfield formation helpful at the goal line. I send both the WR and the TE on wheel routes, with them being my primary targets, and then pump fake to a WR, and just try and hit one of the wheel routes as they turn for the corner. Somewhat successful, and atleast it's almost impossible to intercept, so the worst case scenario is usually being tackled short.

I suck at running, actually, I'm sort of like Shonn Greene in real life. I tend to get about 3 yards per carry, and the most I get is like 12 at best, once a game. Everything else is like 3-4 yards. I just do it enough to try and keep the defense honest.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah I like running out of passing formations. I'm bad out of running out of running. I like the power O run a lot.

I throw the ball away a lot.

Oh if I haven't said it, I audible a ton. I always try to have one safe route or a guy going deep if I need to chuck it up because of a blitz. I audible and hot route a lot. I also like the post route to the corner. The play is in the formation where you have 2 WR bunched close to the line on each line.

7. MParty7441

Just played a game on my fantasy draft connected careers.

The team I played had Peyton Manning and Ray Rice. They had 28 total yards, -6 rushing yards. The should have had negative yards but they broke two long pass plays at the end.

The sliders I play with are tilted so strong towards to the CPU. The CPU is about 100 everything and I'm around 15 everything. There must be some glitch with the LDE/RT, Cameron Jordan broke the sack record during my 11th game. The CPU has no chance running against me, I dont know what it is. Could it be because I have the fastest LBs ever? I dont know.

On offense, I either score or throw a INT. If I throw a pick, it doesnt even matter because the CPU goes 3 and out every possession.

How do I make this game harder?!!?

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

10. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Finally figured out what the problem was........It was the Jets. Started playing with the Steelers, and all of a sudden, there are first downs and touchdowns. The INTs still suck, but everything is better once I stopped playing as the Jets, even though their overall ratings were similar. It just sucks to play as a different team.

Running seems pretty hit or miss, had like one run of about 50 yards with Mendenhall once, but other than that, it's essentially a whole bunch of 2-6 yard gainers, with some no gains thrown in.

I just can't bring myself to throw it away.

I still can't find too many plays that work. Their are only about 5 or 6 passing plays that I have any confidence in, and usually I just pick different plays, but audible my primary targets to run those plays, just so the defense doesn't see the same play over and over again.

With the Jets sucking, been playing more, rather than watching NFL reports this week, lol.

11. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

For those of you who were able to progress your players quickly - what's your secret?

I broke the receiving TD record with Hill my first season but his rating is still quite low. Had a ton of sacks with Coples and same story. Did you do all the practices? And should I set progression to weekly and turn it all to manual? I'd always try to manually progress, but my guys would only have about 3000-4000 pts each week at best. I think I do 5 minute quarters with a fast clock - is there a sweet spot for quarter length I should go with?

Love the game, but the inability to make significant jumps with my players is rough.

12. MParty7441

I use 8 minute quarters with an accelerated clock. I also do weekly manual progression. However, I don't upgrade every player every week. Usually, I will save up the points and use it to upgrade an important attribute. For example, I will upgrade my O-line's run blocking. I never use the points to upgrade anything else. That means I usually need to save a couple weeks to have enough points to move it up.

13. MParty7441

14. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

some of the sliders are flipped. It's an early glitch in the game.

Ill drop a list of them off tomorrow.

15. MParty7441

You mean like CPU is human and visa versa? Thanks bro!

16. JdotGriff

no i mean a few of them 0-100 is actually 100-0.

its being fixed in the update patch on the 16th

17. MParty7441

lol, either way....JOKE

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The Jets on madden are so terrible, they make Sanchez throw his WR off by at least 5 yards everytime, he's really only accurate on slant routes, Revis gets burned by fast WRs like Ginn, DHB, and Mike Wallace consistently, and Kyle Wilson misses every damn tackle.

19. JdotGriff

your doing it wrong. jus saying

Mark cant lead the pass untill you build up his awrness over 70-75 so leave the left stick alone when passing.

If your DB's are getting burnned stop touching the right stick before the hike.

K will need his play recognition and awr built up over 70.

I have the jets in multiple online franchises and im going to playoffs in all 3 of them. Its about learning the strengths of the team and using them.

Also kellers consistency rating is a zero spend the xp to get him to levell1 and it will be a night and day difference

20. MParty7441

The new patch is out. Apparently it's terrible. A lot of the stuff doesn't work and the computer on All-Madden is not better--still passing when up 3 with less than a minute left.

TERRIBLE JOB BY EA