Sanchez or Tebow, what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 1, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

2 points

1) McCoy was not a first rounder, fair or not 1st round pick usually get more slack

2) he went in to his second season as the starter from game 1 getting the preseason snaps with the 1's....IMO they should have stuck with him this year, but that organization is infamous as a revolving door at QB

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

before the Steeler game last year (coincidentally enough) Tebow and Quinn had thrown the exact amount of passes in the NFL. Look how much better tebow was than Quinn (and add his rushing and it gets even farther apart)

[​IMG]

3. catfish

catfish New Member

yeah, but the argument was who was put in as bad a position and gien up on, it is hard to argue against quinn, he fell into a really rough spot on a pretty bad team. I think all 1st rounders should get 2 seasons as the starter before they are scrapped, if after that they arent getting it done move on. There are always growing pains with a young qb, the teams that end up with good ones wait long enough to see if they will be good, but not so long that you miss out on other quality players, about 30-32 games is right

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

1 condition met CHECK

5. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Sanchez is right handed and Tebow is a lefty. I don't think the coaching staff twisted the formation for lefty. It's obvious in some plays they send in Tebow, but the TE and slot are lined up on the right side to where a lefty QB has more difficulties to dump the ball. If you watch carefully in several busted plays, they simply don't have an extra blocker or dump receiver in front of Tebow when he is rolling out to his strong side. In these plays, Jets are playing 10 vs 11 because one TE/slot is wasted on the wrong side.
    Watch the play starting from 1:10
    nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000067549/Tim-Tebow-highlights

This is really sad because since last season even the media guys know how to limit Tebow by putting extra defenders on his left (strong) side and force him to run to right(weak) side where he doesn't have run/throw option. Opponent defenses have adjusted for Tebow, but Jet's offense doesn't even bother to notice he is a lefty. That's why Tebow won't be as effective as last season. The coaching staffs don't care about it. He is just a decoy.

#85 _Jet_, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Any argument that Quinn is a better QB at this point in their careers should be swiftly put to bed with these stats.

McCoy sucks, and was overrated.
    Bradford was 7-21 for like 143 yards in the win last night over the Cardinals. Hardly a great performance. But you won't hear anyone complaining how he won, they will just say he is young and improving and who cares, he won. With Tebow, the talks would be all about how the defense saved him and the team won in spite of him.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If the majority of Tebow's starts were with the Cleveland Fucking Browns he'd be out on the street right now. Those "stats" mean nothing. Either way what's the point? Its Brady Quinn for shits sake.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

True. But you wouldn't believe how "relevant" Brady Quinn was when he was in the picture with Tebow.

This year's Brady Quinn is Greg McElroy -- all the posts over in the main forum acting there's any reasonable path of skipping over Tebow and starting McElroy just makes me LAWL. Yet Tebow cooks peoples brains and makes them post silly stuff like that.

9. BrowningNagle

Brady Quinn is Brady Quinn, but don't you dare say a foul word against Greg McElroy...

Greg McElroy has been a winner his whole life. The guy went undefeated in midgets, JV, Varsity (in Texas) and all the way until his senior year of college.

Do you realize he has only lost 3 games he's started in his whole life?!?!

Do you realize how tough that is to do in the SEC? The SEC > AFC EAST.

Do you realize how many intangibles this guy has? And how he wills his teams to victory?

Despite being doubted his whole career, he lead the Tide to a National Championship victory - dominating Tim Tebow's Gators and Colt McCoy's Longhorns..

Do you realize how many guys he was able to turn into NFL players at Alabama? These guys owe their careers to him!

Do you realize he was no.12 for the Tide? Same as Jets great Joe Namath? Coincidence? I think NOT

He hasn't gotten a shot in NY yet because of the damn hating media and stupid CS but once he does, look out!

#89 BrowningNagle, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You have proved our point. There is no McElroy controversy because there is no dedicated group of McElroy haters posting in the Jets forums or on TV talking about him all day and night. It was the over the top criticism of Tebow which started and sustained Tebowmania.

BTW, McElroy is not in the conversation of greatest College football QBs or players of all-time. Tebow is. Therefore it is less ridiculous to question his ability than it is to question Tebow's.

He is also not famous for his leadership or intangibles, so it's not a fair comparison for him. He also was not even the best player on his college team. Tebow clearly was.

11. BrowningNagle

You are such a hater!

Guys, do us all a favor and ignore this man until he starts making sense!

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Nothing I said constitutes hate of McElroy. He simply wasn't as accomplished. There's no shame in that.

Now if I said, he had no talent, can't throw, should be a FB/TE/Punt protector, etc...

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
    [Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't have anything bad to say about the guy -- I like McElroy.

This league is tough. Hope he gets his shot one day.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm indifferent on him. Wish him the best of luck though.

It's strange how I never believed in Bradford or McCoy, yet I don't go on the Rams and Browns forums trashing them. Is it possible to think someone isn't good, yet not spend all day obsessing over them and following them around the NFL, wasting hours posting about them all day? :smile:

16. BrowningNagle

More McElroy stats. You cannot refute STATS, haters!

-In his first season as a starter in 2005, McElroy passed for 4,636 yards, 56 touchdowns, and nine interceptions en route to a 16–0 season, which included the Texas 5A state championship: 16-0??? 16-0!!! I'll take that kind of winning in NY.

-Greg McElroy is 1-0 as a starter against Timothy Tebow.

-In other words, Tebow has shed more tears, 100ish?, against McElroy, than he has wins.

-Despite being doubted constantly, Greg McElroy was the only Jets QB to lead a touchdown drive in the Preseason in 2012 (over both Sanchez and Tebow!)

Looking at these and the previous pwnage stats I posted, its obvious his career stands up for itself.

Like many of my McElroy-ites, I'm trying to be rational here. I'm not saying he's going to be Tom Brady overnight or anything. I'm just simply defending him against you haters and I wish Tannenbaum would stop this conspiracy (he obviously wants Mac to fail) and let the guy play and develop.

17. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

I think there should be a Mac Mania subforum.

I actually believe Greg has more intangibles than Tebow, given that he won head to head and also went undefeated (Tebow never did). No college team who doesn't go undefeated can be looked on as elite. The Tide have, Gators never once have. Two totally different levels of success and not comparable. McElroy did it on a program that expects championships so there is more pressure than the Gators who were the last team in its own state to win a title.

Also McElroy was able to get his defense to play harder and shut down Tebow.

Also McElroy scored a 40 on his wonderlic test, proving he is smarter than Tebow.

Also The Tide run a true ground and pound offense with a 3-4 defense, aka the Jets.

Also he has Nick Saban training, which is supreme SEC training, and basically if the SEC played the NFL it'd probably be a slight favoring to the SEC in wins, especially bc of Dan Mullens brilliant option scheme.

You are what your record says and head to head plus the undefeated factor McElroy beats Tebow.

Funny how a secure fanbase such as the Tide feels no need to prop up THEIR champion NFL backup.

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

LOL Quinn was talked about as the second coming of Joe Montana when he was trying to displace tebow.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

He's not getting criticized or attacked. There's no need. He's also nowhere close to Tebow in the discussion of college greatness. Probably not even in the discussion of all-time Alabama greatness.

20. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Look you guys are right though. Stats don't matter! Wins matter!

And head to head McElroy beat Tebow AND went undefeated! Therefore based on what Ive learned here, McElroy > Tebow.

Just bc Mac isn't the best Bama QB doesn't mean he's not better than Tebow. We are talking Bama! Undefeated seasons and three times the titles!