17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Check Craigs List :sad:

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am not laughing or gloating about giving them up,,to me it just seemed crazy to give them thou$ands for the rite to go to the games,,,,in fact It makes me sick that this team is possibly done and the season is 1 month old !

I know what it was like to eat tickets on game day,, when NO one wanted to go , and I could not give the tickets away in the parking lot,,I can only imagine the thought of attaching $ 2500 or more on top of the ticket price and having to eat it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ps the new place blows

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This guy is the real deal. The real voice of us ticketholders who know what its like to have extra tickets and NOBODY wants them. The ticket scalpers... forget it.

Those days are back now. Everybody I argued with over the PSLs way back when... when I told them there would come a day when their tickets (even their PSL seats) wouold be worth shit, and no one beleved me. They bought into Woody's program anyway.

So here we are boys. If you are in the Upper Deck, you can walk away unscathed.

If your seats are lower than that, you're fucked.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. I know someone who walked away from his PSL's. Client rep informed him the team COULD go after him, but probably wouldn't. He's in a $2,500 per seat zone, the cheapest, and had paid two years worth plus 10% down, so I guess they didn't consider that a big loss.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well here it is for this week... ugh, the pain is upon those with season tickets and psls. the amount of tickets is SKY HIGH and the prices of tickets are dropping fast.

im going to take a look at a few other games just to see how many tickets are out there right now. im going to assume its a catastrophe.

[​IMG]

6. Section 227. Row 5

I've always argued, right from the beginning, that I wouldn't put myself in a position where "the team (the NYJ) COULD go after" me. So I never would have opted for buying a PSL knowing full well ahead of time that if times got rough, I would walk and take my chances on subjecting myself to possible litigation, loss of monies already deposited and, most important of all, loss of credit rating.

So the argument that was made way back when, that of, "Well, I can always walk away," never flew with me. Nor should it have for any other sensible, responsible, credit-worthy individual. Truth be known, I hope the Jets go after each and every asshole that reneges on his contract and pursues financial remuneration to the fullest extent of the law.

7. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

A great story would be if Woody Johnson knocked on his door looking to collect.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

HAHAHAHAHA! That throws a monkey wrench into hundreds of posts in this thread.

9. championjets69

H'mm if they paid by credit card & since they signed a contract the NYJs can just continue to click there CC for the monies they are entitled to :sad:

10. championjets69

Sorry disagree U UDers are not unscathed since we paid for those tix way in advance & now that money is down the drain. :sad:

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Can, but haven't, and also cancelled that card.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Who the hell in their right mind runs around signing contractual obligations and then reneging, paying downpayments and then forfeiting them, making installment payments and losing them and then finally cancelling their credit card for fear of having it hit on?

Seems like a lot of work to me, not to mention putting your FICO Score in jeopardy. Isn't it easier to just go on StubHub and buy a fucking ticket to a game you want to go to?

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is what people do now. they just walk away... scott free, they dont give a damn about their credit, they know that they will make it by without it.

they dont care to stand up to their obligations, they dont care to improve themselves or their standing, they dont care to actually own anything of their own. just so long as they can get an iphone and a big screen tv with hbo they dont give a flying shit what happens.

welcome to our new society, what a fucking mess my generation has made of this country.

14. championjets69

Yes I can accept cancelling of the card but if that is your only card then well the PSL sought of becomes a poison pill on the holder of the card. I can also see the NYJs really not caring much if the tix were in demand & easily resellable but in today's world that is not the case & cause Woody is a money grabber he will go after those who have defaulted since nobody knows what Woody is thinking but Woody :sad:

15. baamf

baamf Active Member

Can't make the game Monday night. I have a good number of friends who usually beg for tickets and not one of them would take them (for free that is :mad:). Anyway, figured I try to get something for them so put them on stubhub at a reasonable price for the location ($75 each) and they all sold. I guess it's better than eating the entire ticket price; it sucks that this is what is has come down to. Anyway, hopefully there will be Jets fans in my seats, but if not I'm sure 17a will keep them in line. :beer:

Have fun all...

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not worried about eating tickets for a game or two. Been there, done that. I hope to go most of the games.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat nice job again on the spreadsheet----------those prices continue to go down ,,,,,,so amazing it is sad-------keep up the good work :beer:

18. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Will you still go if they are 3-11 and its freezing cold with sleet and ice conditions?

Anyone who bought Jets PSLs thinking it was a good investment, guess again.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

20. baamf

baamf Active Member

I hear you, done it a million times myself. Unfortunately, counting the preseason I'm already over a grand in the hole for this year. Shit ain't right...