Cut Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by dr.velociraptor, Oct 3, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Let's set aside that this is one if the single dumbest post i have seen on this forum in over a year. If Sanchez can not handle the pressure of a guy that supposedly is so awful that he should be cut , how in the hell is he going to handle the pressure of a 4th quarter in a tight superbowl game? Now that I have completed annihilated your ridiculous contention that Sanchez is being mind fucked, I'll address tebow .

His per carry average is 4.2 ( the highest on the team) .

He has the longest run at 22 yards and that is with him only running the ball 9 times.

He has converted a first down on a fake punt on a 4th and 3 that extended a drive that got points

He converted another first down on his only pass .

He has delivered some great blocks out of the full back position

He has not been awful and that you think that way shows your bias .

I now await your inevitable OMGZORZ HE SUCKS automated response not based on anything to do with football and everything to do with how much you hate his over coverage in the media and or his personal views.

Its called the playoffs (2 games) + 12 regular season games

#41 CowboysFan, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

You know me I'm not a Tebow fan but ur right he hasn't been that bad. I also agree with u about Sanchez. If u cant handle who ur backup is he needs to find another sport to play. Like tennis maybe there no back ups in that sport.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Not most fumbles per game, he has to start the game. Your "fumbles per game" state depends upon excluding games he played in, but did not start.

Otherwise he slips behind Matt Moore and Blaine Gabbert. He also carried the ball way more than any of them.

Still a high number though. It has to get better.

4. Dennis

Dennis New Member

You're right. Timmy's doing pretty damned good...

...AS A FULLBACK.

Just convert him already and stop pretending that he has any chance at all of becoming an NFL-caliber QB...

5. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Correction conceded; I should have been more specific.

Most of his fumbles occurred when Tim was trying to make something out of nothing. In my opinion, that trait is both his greatest asset, and one of his more glaring weaknesses. Everyone knows that he can be punishing and elusive when he's in the open field, and often he did get to the second level so that his downhill running abilities could really shine. However, knowing when to throw the ball away is a very thankless, yet paramount skill that he has not yet embraced. It can also save you from having the ball stripped quite often.

He threw a few balls away when he had nothing last year, but more often than not he took a sack or a big hit trying to do too much himself.

#45 phaytal, Oct 4, 2012
  6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Exactly, well said.

#46 Remarker, Oct 4, 2012
  7. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Surprisingly accurate statements here Phaytal.

He's never liked throwing the ball away. Its how his efficiency numbers stay relatively high.

He does try to take off too often. Usually the result is me saying:

Throw it, throw it.

No, NOOO!!!

Go go go!

Phew atleast he got the first down!

(hate and love this shit)

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How many of u Tebow fans really think he going to be a starting QB in NFL?

9. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Again you mean?

It will happen, possibly from injury, possibly from a new team, possibly from the guy ahead of him melting down.

I would wager a substantial amount that he will start atleast 1 more NFL game however.

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

I think all of us did the exact same thing watching him play last year. At times it was exhilarating. Other times, infuriating.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No team is going to design their offense around a QB with awful mechanics and a run-first mentality. I've seen people try to justify the idea that a team will go to read option based on Cam Newton and RGIII, but the difference is that those guys have already shown prowess throwing from a pocket and Tebow hasn't.

Just like Joe McNugget is miscast as a runningback, Tebow is miscast as a QB.

The Jets have cursed themselves with excellent football players that can't play their chosen position for years. This is no different.

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Playoff stats don't add to the yearly stats. And his only pass resulted in a Fumble.

13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Usually QBs are not held responsible for fumbles recievers make. But maybe that's just me.

14. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

If there is an owner that really likes Tebow, he may make sure that an offense is designed around him. Sanchez would have to underperform to allow this all to happen. I'm not saying it will happen, but it is possible. I'm wondering if Mr. Johnson is thinking about doing that. Sounds like he likes TT so who knows. But that's probably what it would take. A coach would probably not do it on his own. He'd have the owner on board for something like that.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What offensive scheme are you suggesting? The read option? The one that's been exposed in Carolina and Washington in recent weeks?

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I do. Needs to find a gig soon, though. They don't hold a spot for you.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

I HOPE your kidding. A receivers fumble is the RECEIVERS fumble. Not the QBs

18. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I'm not the person to ask X's and O's. I'd let another Tebow fan answer that one. I'm just not knowledgeable in that area. I've played sports my whole life and still compete recreationally. So I can appreciate a gamer like Tebow for his competitiveness and his swagger. I like Tebow and am just going off of what I saw last year. That's how I've formed my opinion.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

That's what he said.

*He* was correcting *you* who indicated otherwise.

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I was just trying understand what you meant by posting;
    You seemed to imply the fumble was the passers fault. But maybe that's just me.