What record would it take for Tannenbaum to be fiired?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayMike, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Point to a team that has become elite using FA's and trades?

It just doesn't work in the NFL. The NFL is like no other professional sport: 30 and out and btw you're unlikely to get to 30 because of the injury factor.

The Jets were good in 2009 and 2010 because they were overloaded on 28 and 29 year old FA's and trades who were about to decline once they hit 30.

That's why we're in trouble right now. We lost the guys you are supposed to lose and they weren't replaced by young talent.

The three trades we made for guys in their early prime were Cromartie. Holmes and Edwards, bad actors all whose previous teams wanted them out of the locker room.

The Jets are kind of the textbook case for how not to build an NFL team for long-term success. The QB we drafted is a mess because the Jets are a textbook case for how not to develop a young QB.

How many textbook cases do you need working against Mike Tannenbaum before you recognize the truth?

Ans don't give me a crappy answer about where we were in 2009 and 2010. It's 2012 now. 2009 and 2010 don't mean anything at this point.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

His drafts have been terrible since Mangini left. The core players on those championship teams were Mangini players (Mangold, Brick, Revis, Harris, Pouha, B. Smith, E. Smith, Keller).

Wilson is a bust. I'm still holding out hope for Ducasse who may get the starting job soon. Still too soon to say anything about Wilkerson, Ellis or Coples but they look good thus far. The lack of draft picks in trades has considerably killed our depth.

As a side note, I am really sick of drafting players from mid-tier schools with high picks. I want players from big time programs who have played against big time competition. Just my .02

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

let's look at a few teams from this era:

2001 Pats: 10 of 22 starters were FAs
    2002 Bucs: 11 of 22
    2007 Giants: 9 of 22
    2009 NO: 9 of 22
    2011 NYG: 8 of 22

2009 NYJ: 10 of 22
    2010 NYJ: 9 of 22

I judge based on results, under Mike we have 3 playoff apps in 6 seasons, 4 playoff wins(most in team history) and 2 title game apps(only regime to have 2).

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

#24 al_toon_88, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  5. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

hopefully 2-3. Probably (if lucky) whatever we are at the end of this season.

6. I'm somewhere in between the dark siders & Junc. I think Tannenbaum is far more competent than he gets credit for. But I also think a changing of the guard iS needed in the personnel dept. Biggest mistake I see on the field is allowing the LB corps to become old/slow & overpaid just like it did w/ Lewis/Jones. It's holding back this defense significantly.You just can't make repeat mistakes like that.

W/ that said...this roster is nowhere near the mess it is made out to be. There are alot of young players in significant roles. Additionally the offense hasnt been at full strength except for 1 week...including during the preseason. When you have inexperienced players,breaking in a new system...what do you people expect? Are you that unreasonable?

7. jack handy

jack handy Member

Was with you until the bolded part because it sounds too much like an excuse. Are we in the middle of a youth movement? Jets are 17th oldest average team in the league. Thought that this was Rex's D.

8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

We have every intention of bringing him back

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

6-10 or worse.

10. pdpullmn612

pdpullmn612 New Member

I won't deny that this current front office had any responsibility in finding the personnel to get us close to 2 SBs. But, there is no denying that the Jets, over the years and as a whole, is a poorly run organization.

11. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I know this sounds dumb but wtf ... a "Tannenbaum sucks!" chant might get the word out to the "outsiders" (MNF national TV media - Mike Tirico, John Gruden) that much of the Jet fan base is not only frustrated at the on-field mess but is pissed off and fed up with the e'ffin "accountant" GM Tannenbaum.

13. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

he extended holmes after 1 season, extended Sanchez just so they didnt want to hurt his feelings. High roster turnover and barely any continuity. Let go of Woodhead for a bust McKnight. Look at his past 3 drafts. This is one of the slowest teams in the league.

#33 IWillPeeGreen, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Tanny is about to be the fall guy for Woody's cheapness. During 08-10 They spent money and they seemed like they cared about winning. Now it's about fielding a team that's good enough to be somewhat competitive while saving a buck.

15. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

This

Numbers and records don't fire GMs. Owners do. Impossible to tell what Woody would do. If he likes Tanny and what he has done he will keep him.

16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Best post in this thread

Well done

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll put a number on the OP. Number... TWO!!!!

Broadway Mike is like that little chunk of poop that you think got flushed down, that little bitty shred of lettuce-turd, and it's swirling around down there, sort of dancing and spinning around, so you chuck a little bit of TP into the bowl and you can't see the turd chunk anymore, and then you... FLUSH.

18. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Do everyone a favor and flush yourself down with it next time!

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Check it out, the floater from the Tebowmania forum just made it through that little crack in the porcelain, it's like shit karma. Watch those little pieces of shit DANCE!

20. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

a big AMEN to this!

#40 GRNYT, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012