Cut Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by dr.velociraptor, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

This wildcat is a joke, Tebow has been awful and he's completely mind-fucking Sanchez. The trade was dumb, cut your losses and simply trade or cut this guy. I think if they cut Tebow we avoid a lot of media attention we don't need, Sanchez can relax and not have to worry about being on an 80 yard dive only to get pulled for Tebow or the media and Tebow fans forcing Woody's hand to play Tebow.

It was a mistake, cut the guy and let's move on, he is never going to be the answer at QB so what's the point of keeping him around to cause controversy and create issues?

2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Cut Sanchez.

I'm a Jet fan, not a Sanchez fan. Facts are, Sanchez is a total bust and we'd be better off with the cap hit and the open roster spot. Even if Tebow ends up being lower then average, the fact that he can run for maybe two first downs a game is two more first downs then Sanchez is ever making, and he will certainly fumble less and take fewer sacks.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if you follow Tebow to whatever team he goes to and agree to never return, I will help champion this cause.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

Fumble less? Your a fucking idiot, what do you watch the highlights of games only? Tebow fumbled like 12 times last year in I believe 6 less games than Sanchez. Some of ya talk just because you see others try to make stupid points. I agree with the OP cut Tebow and lets move on. Sanchez is getting ran over by all the attention of the media. Look at the Phins, they're sitting under the radar everyone expecting them tovdo bad but they seem to be a very good team and they're rebuilding!

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sign Joe Montana.

Hey, the guy may be old and have bad knees, but he can throw a pass better than Sanchez and Tebow combined, and he has actually had sex with a girl, as opposed to Tebow and... well.. Tebow. I bet Montana could throw a mean jump-pass, too.

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Facts, not speculation.
    Sanchez 2011: Games played 16: Games started: 16 Fumbles 10 lost 8.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanchez
    Tim 2011: Games played: 14 Games started: 11 Fumbles 13 lost 6.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow

Considering what the facts are and what you call someone that posts stuff that is inconsistant with your speculation and opinion, what do you call yourself now that you know the facts?

#6 Remarker, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The difference is even more stark when considering Tebow had 122 rushing carries.

8. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Mods please quickly move this deranged thread over to the main-anger management forum.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Some of you guys have an unhealthy concern for how Mark Sanchez feels inside.

10. suldier13

suldier13 New Member

I'm a Tebow fan and I agree completely with the title of this thread, not the content of the post. The Jets need to cut Tebow and allow him to go to a team that will utilize him and not just talk about it.

For Tebow to even have a chance at success in the NFL as a starting QB, the offense must be designed around his abilities (I won't use the word talent because many of you don't think he has any) and its obvious the Jets don't have the type of personnel to run the proper type of offense for him to succeed nor the willingness to even try.

People can talk about the Wildcat all day long but Tebow excels best in 4/5 wide receiver sets with an h/back if no 5th receiver. In other words, spread the defense out to where they can't stack the box. If they do stack the box, you send two receivers deep, two short (one over the middle) and leave the h/back into block. If no blitz, send the H/back to the flat. This is not saying you can't run the wildcat as it will only add to the effectiveness of the offense. Then you can add versions of the formation like Denver did last year to make it a read option.

I feel the Jets truly don't believe in his abilities so they will never do this, therefore they need to cut him and let him go to a team that does and will.

If you don't think a coach like Belicheck could find a way to add him as an affective force in his offense you would be mistaken.

11. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

So funny! Good one

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

The only one acting in a way that would apply to your description is NFL.

The thread as a whole and we individually have NOT disparaged others despite disagreeing with them, with NFL being the sole exception.

NFL is the only one being vulgar and childishly calling people names. Using curse words isn't bothersome to me, I'm a sailor, but to vulgarly disparage others like NFL does is unnecessary and IMO over the top.

I suggest giving NFL his binky and make him take a time out.

Note: It is my experience that Tim fans in this forum avoid vulgarly disparaging or just simply disparaging others despite having different opinions. The flame throwers seem to be Tim haters and Tim fan haters that come here to antagonize us.

As a matter of fact I may be the only poster in this forum that gives the flame throwers little jabs of mostly humorous zingers, but NEVER vulgar disparagments like the flame throwers I target with my little zingers.

#12 Remarker, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

You are correct in your assessment but Mark is melting down just like many have predicted. Our best chance of seeing Tim play this year is for him to stay with the Jets, which highlights one of your points, namely the Jets' HC/OC don't know how to or don't want to utilize Tim.

I believe it is more that the HC/OC don't want to put Tim in a position to be successful because of Mark's fragility. It will be interesting to see how Tim is used when the Jets' 2012 W/L record is more and more on the line, as the season progresses.

#13 Remarker, Oct 4, 2012
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I actually hope they start Tebow and demote Sanchez to the practice squad just so I can watch half this board explode with coronaries.

15. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

No.

(This is not Burger King. Sorry, you do not get the NY Jets Quarterback your way. :))

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Did Tebow fumble more or did he not? Cus I believe what you said before was "Tebow will fumble less". Am I correct? And I don't see how he could have played 14 games. Maybe PLAYED but not started. Remember he started when they were 0-4.

17. catfish

catfish New Member

He probably assumed you meant fumbles lost...as those are the ones that count as turnovers

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

19. Remarker

Remarker Banned

What you said was

which is not factual. I gave you the facts. People can have their own opinions but facts are facts.
    Edit: Having reviewed my post of the facts, I see my punctuation may have caused a comprehension problem. Aside from that, the facts I posted are accurate and IMO, easily discernible except for the most reading comprehension challenged among us.

Additionally, in your reply you say;
    Had you read the facts in my original reply to you then you would know Tim started 11 games and played in 14. If you don't believe what I posted I provided a link to data that supports my post.

Free advice? Maybe avoid trying to blow fact free smoke up people's ass.

#19 Remarker, Oct 4, 2012
  20. catfish

catfish New Member

Im not sure he can jump with ex-nfl knees, but I would like to see a behind the back pass like the one they keep showing on sportscenter from that flag football tournament