Young Guns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by b.reyes16, Oct 3, 2012.

1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I'm really tired of hearing about Plax, T.O., and Chad. One of the reasons Sanchez has struggled in the past is because of the revolving door at WR, one-year fillers (not an excuse, just a statement). Holmes is out for the season. It is obviously a big loss, but also an opportunity. What this team needs to do is focus on getting Stephen Hill and Jeremy Kerley the ball. Throw Chaz Schilens in there too. I haven't exactly been impressed with Clyde Gates, but speed can get you somewhere in this league. We need to play through with this WR corps and get them as much experience as possible. If Sanchez is our QB after this year, it will only help him. This WR corps needs to stick together and not fall apart.

Maybe Jason Hill can get involved too. You never know.You can always find a diamond in the rough when you least expect it.

:shit:

2. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. Lets see what we have with these guys because it can't be worse.

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Agreed. Fill me up

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Agreed....

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Been saying this on here for three days. However, there was no reason to sign a scrub like Hill. None. Elevate White or Pollard if you want 5 active WR's, something they didn't even have last week. Let the young guys play. The season's over anyway, playoff wise.

6. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

i agree to a certain extent, the revolving door has really hurt his development. However, his development has been hurt much more by the fact that they simply have not committed to surrounding their young QB with big talent. At this point, theres nobody out there that they are gonna bring in to make their corps legit...they have to just try to go with what they got. And its not gonna be pretty.

I feel bad for Mark. So much promise, and its being wasted in this organization right now.

7. ASITS

ASITS Member

The only true chemistry Sanchez has ever had with a receiver was braylon. Honestly, I dont care about his locker room presence or his distractions. Him and Sanzhez were locked in on the field. It still boggles me why he is not a Jet right now

8. xmscott

He made a choice, the wrong one regrading why Braylon isnt a Jet.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

That's real talk. Him and Braylon were on the money almost all the time.

10. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

seriously, brylon is a spectacular WR, but idk why everyone is obsessed with him right now.

there is a serious reason why he doesnt have 1 catch this year. there is a reason why the dolphins didnt sign him. he's not the same WR

11. xmscott

Had he stayed here things could have gone different. I think everyone is obsessed because Holmes sucks.

12. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

He has a couple of catches from the first game. His role has been reduced.

Why does everything have to turn into a Braylon thread...

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Because that's the last time Sanchez looked like a legitimate QB

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah. let the young guys play. Don't hold Sanchez feet to the fire when they're running the wrong routes and dropping passes. Pray for Dustin Keller's fast return.

If the Jets go 8-8 this year but Sanchez actually has 3 of the same guys to throw too available to him next season then something got salvaged out of the mess.

You can keep spinning your wheels forever going for it this year and never get there but if you use a year wisely to build something for the future you may not need to churn so hard after that.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Do not sign this beast.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

To a degree we've been a victim of our own success...drafting late in the first round over the last 3 years is almost like not have a first round pick. It forces Tanny to roll the dice on players like Kyle Wilson, and roll even more dice to move up to get a 'gifted but unproven' talent like Hill.

You can't draft a Megatron with the 25th overall pick.

Looking ahead to the rest of this season, Sparano commented on having Vlad play more and more at LG (20%, 30% 40% over the last 3 games), saying it would not be good to enter 2013 having no idea what we have in our current roster. Sparano sees the value of playing 'the other guys' if for no other reason than to find out exactly what he has in these guys....something he'd never know if the 'starters' were playing 99% of the snaps.

Second thought is for anyone who's ever played ANY sport and were lucky to have a superstar on their team. You KNOW how easy it is to sit back and wait for the star to come through at the end. Teams with no superstars seem to play harder to a man. Every player on the field feels some true sense of 'they are important'. This is a very difficult mind set to have when you're backed up by a Revis or SB MVP WR Santonio Holmes.

Crossing off our superstars on both sides of the ball and rounding out the roster with kids that may never have seen the field will require growing pains, but will also result in a 53 man roster that feels important down to the last man standing. Something we've not had in years.

how many times have we seen our very own Jets decimated by some team that plays a rookie for the very first time and he tears it up with 10000% determination. Well, that's us now.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Just say no to washed up talent!

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

this is how i feel too.

if our passing game is going down in flames.. i at least want sanchez to lock in on hill and treat him like a #1. target him 15 times and give him a chance to show the world what he's got. don't let the drops discourage you. this guy has all the potential in the world.

i honestly don't even care how well he runs routes. that will come with time. let him run what he can and expand the route tree as time goes on. if all he can do is go deep or catch screens, do that. use him the way the broncos are using thomas. get the athletic freak the ball in space and let him run.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Letting the young guys play seems good in theory except none of our receivers are any good right now. The way the Jets are talking they still think they can make the playoffs and in that case none of these guys are gonna cut it.

If we had a really good QB then that would be a different story, but we have a guy that needs players around him to make him better. At this point you have to throw whatever you believed out the window and actually go out and get a receiver that can actually draw a double team. Hill and Kerley are solid but they scare no one.

20. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

there is no free agent right now that would draw a double team and scare defenders.

not even the holy trinity of tgg: chad, to and plax.

but i don't believe that we'll make the playoffs. i mean, i hope we do and i'll keep watching the games hoping that we somehow pull it out.. but rationally, i just don't see how we can do it.

it's not even about the offense. our offense was always going to struggle. but now we don't have a top 5 defense to keep us in these games.

so with that in mind.. i would really like to watch hill and kerley play.. and i guess powell since he seems to be the best option in our backfield. i don't want to bring in some one year stopgap taking away targets from the guys we're trying to build our future around.

just say fuck it. let sanchez loose. assume we're going to need to take chances to keep up in games since ground and pound isn't gonna cut it if our defense isn't elite. let him air it out. there are other qbs in the league working with a similar level of talent. and let's see what sanchez looks like when an offense revolves around him.