49ers' cornerback Carlos Rogers says Jets quit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 2, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How come Rob Ryan's Defense is ranked number 1 in passing and is ranked 4th overall and our defense is ranked in the bottom overall???Well I guess we just found out why

2. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Huh? WTF do they get paid for??? All you just said is they suck, they quit and they are losers who have no business being on an NFL field! Worn down? That's the time of the game when they need to BRING IT!!!

3. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 New Member

How can you even say that? They obviously quit. If you play defense, are down by 24 points, your offense hasn't even ENTERED the Red Zone, let alone hardly gotten into 49er territory, and keeps CONSISTANTLY throwing you back on the field after numerous 3 and outs, you would quit too. Some of the "tackles" they were attempting to make were so half-assed, any moron fan with half a brain could tell. Once the Niners were at the goal line, and the Jets were down by so many points, the D-Line basically just said "Screw it, they're going to score anyway...and then after the kickoff and return and 3 plays later, we'll be back out here again."

Plain and simple - They Quit.

4. joeblamath

joeblamath New Member

Not shocking at all, if you ask me. Go back and watch the tape. They missed sooo many tackles. If they just play like they can, the 49ers maybe only drop 20 on them. Sanchez playing like dog shit and Holmes terrible fumble would have still made it 20-0 at least. but their D wasn't bad until they saw the O couldn't do jack and they kept turning it over.

T-Bow. T-Bow. T-Bow.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Rodgers motivation for this, so I'm inclined the believe him, despite the opinions of the internet GM Guru's on tgg.com

6. yahoo

yahoo Banned

Rex Ryan applying some of his magic. Making his team's mojo disappear.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I sure as hell quit watching.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

the bottom line is the league has figured out Rex's defense there's no other way to put it

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Long arms and all, he's just too short to attempt that play. He hasn't thrown a decent screen pass in 3 plus seasons. Can't do it.

10. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

Welp, when the opposing team rubs it in your face with a Wild Cat and scores after you ran your mouth all summer about how you would have the ultimate Wild Cat Packages and all that other nonsense, ya, it might affect the defense. Get in their head. A message was sent. And the Jets didn't punch back.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How could they not? After the Holmes fumble it was done, the offense couldn't do shit!

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree but the longer the defense is on the field the easier they are to figure out. Our offense has to stay on the field longer.

13. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Quitting is unforgivable...but when your offense continually let's you down and your going against a mammoth oline that is just punishing you the whole game you get gassed......I'm hoping the D was completely gassed and did not quit. That's all I can say. If the defense quit...well that's another story.

14. Mr. Green Pants

We've got a slow defense that was exhausted and demoralized from being on the field way too long. Of course it looked like shit in the fourth quarter. Plenty of teams would look like they "quit" in that circumstance.

15. Munich1860

Munich1860 New Member

against whom they quit next?

Texans will f*** us;
    Colts with new QB at home - can see no light
    NE - always bad;
    maybe we beat Miami but
    @ Seattle - 3 hours in the West - no way
    Rams & NE (again) two more MINUS
    home against the Cards - we will quit
    at the Jags !?!?
    at Titans - the NY Titans will loose against the NEW Titans
    SD - No Way again
    and Buffallo at the final - is Rex still the man at this time??

WHAT DO U SEE !!!???

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how could you possibly interpret explicitly specific statements about Rex Ryan's defense quitting or not wanting to tackle to having anything to do with Sanchez?

Sanchez certainly sucked in those two games, but the idea that he quit in both and the defense simply followed suit is ridiculous. neither looked to have quit in the Steelers game. they were both just incompetent. big difference between the two.

the defense quit against the 49ers for the same reason why I stopped watching after the 3rd quarter -- what the was the fucking point to continue? did Sanchez quit as well during the game? likely. but he didn't instigate the defense quitting, other than by his shitty performance which led the defense to realize there was no use trying to win the game anymore.

17. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

ur old...it was ALWAYS about a buck and always will be, back to Ty Cobb holding out every other year...every era has guys who care and guys who play for a buck

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There were 4 turnovers, a blocked punt, and 37 mins TOP for 49ers.
    How many times can you turn to your D, and get them pumped for a bail out stop?

2 major turning points:
    Jets in scoring position before end of half, Sanchez doesn't protect the ball and fumbles.
    D needs a stop there, doesn't do it, 10-0 at half instead of 7-7 or 7-3.

Beginning of 4th quarter, Holmes hands the 49ers a TD.
    I think refs blew the call, but still have never seen anything like that, and probably never will again. The whole team deflated entirely after that. I even stopped watching.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Other teams start talking like this and this is how coaches get fired....

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

You'd think that pride would have prevented guys from quitting. So what if the score is 27-0 in the third Q. You go out and prevent them from scoring again and making it 34-0. Or better yet, go out and create some turnovers or score some points on D and make it 27-14 with an entire quarter left to go.

IF you are on offense, you go out there and keep slugging away.