Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Yeah, but the college teams that Tebow faced would only have one or two of those guys at the most. On NFL Defenses there are ELEVEN players who were ALL the best player on their college team. Ups the difficulty level by a factor of 5 to 10...

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Does anyone want to search out our SEC thread and link it so Dennis can be schooled? I don't. I enjoyed going through that movie but I'm not one to sit through a movie I've already experienced.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

This is the most cliché argument out there and I'm sick of hearing it. By that measure no offensive player will strive in the NFL.

[YOUTUBE]NsOAjLvrv4k[/YOUTUBE]

4. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yeah, no. The same reasoning would hold true for any rookie including the Pouncey twins, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden, Percy Harvin, Major Wright, Riley Cooper, Jeff Demps, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Mark Sanchez etc etc. Yeah, I know most of these are former Gators ;) but a lot of draft picks end up playing in their rookie years and manage to adjust. Anyways, have you seen Univ. Alabama's and UGA's gigantic players? Huge!

5. phaytal

phaytal New Member

That highlight reel was so impressive, it earned Tebow a backup job on a different team, behind a bad quarterback.

6. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Remarker, this post is golden. Thank you so much for sharing it. I wish Part 1 & Part 2 could be stickies, because they are the facts. In no place did you say that Tebow will be in the HOF or that he should replace Sanchez, but I'm sure some Tebowphobiac will misinterpret it. Sigh

7. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I just cut and pasted the data. My primary source was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow Whoever posted it there deserves all the credit as they did an exemplary job. I had to split the posts because each post is limited to 1K words, or was it 10K words. I don't remember and I'm not going to count them, heh.

I had a tremendous amount of pleasure reading that information. I could often reexperience the excitment I experienced watching it all happen.

#187 Remarker, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  8. Dennis

Dennis New Member

That's part of the argument against Tebow. Other players - like the ones you named - have raised their game to the NFL level very quickly. Tebow is a 3rd year pro QB who came out of a nationally dominate college team. Yet he has made little to no progress as a pro. Some would even argue that he's regressed significantly...

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Regardless of whether anyone likes or dislikes Tim and for what ever reason, Tim is not the boss of NFL teams and must relegate himself to being told what to do by his bosses.

Obviously and reinforced by earlier posts I made in this thread of a recap of Tim's NFL career, when given the opportunity to make an impact, Tim has, and some like myself say, he has done it in spades. All the other 'noise' about Tim is just that, noise.

Clearly Tim has NOT been given a reasonable opportunity to be impact with the Jets.

BTW, some would say the NFL records he broke and winning a playoff game is NOT, to use your words, a significant regression.

#189 Remarker, Oct 3, 2012
  10. joeblamath

joeblamath New Member

I agree. It's not just about starting Tebow, it's about the surprise. Tell everyone outside of the franchise all week that Sanchez is your guy, and then put Tebow under center to start the game. Houston will never see it coming.

11. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Not really.

Tim ALSO should be working hard - during the season and in the offseason - to improve himself as a player. Tebow spends offseasons hawking underwear, appearing on late-night talk shows, book tours and the like. During the lockout he blew off opportunities to participate in player-organized practices with his team in favor of cultivating his celebrity status. He hasn't done everything he can to be the best player he can be. Not by a long shot.

The opportunity Tebow was given was to play on an unusual Offense (spread option) that isn't seen in the NFL and so took a while for other teams to adjust. But they did, just like with Miami's wildcat.

Tebow had an opportunity to start when opposing DCs had no useable game film on him, so they weren't able to gameplan against his tendencies and weaknesses.

Tebow was given an opportunity to play the soft part of the schedule against bad teams and teams that were injured at critical positions.

Tebow was given an opportunity to play like absolute crap for 55 minutes while his Defense kept games close. When opposing Defenses loosened up into soft, prevent Defenses, Tebow finally had the huge windows that he had in college and was able to actually complete a pass.

That's how TT got off to 7-1 start. Then teams realized that all they had to do to shut down Tebow was to cover the deep routes, contain him in the pocket (not blitz) and keep tight coverage to the end of the game. And Tebow finished up the season at 1-4.

Apparently from what the coaches have seen of Tebow in practice, preseason, and his appearances in regular season games, Tebow hasn't done anything to warrant being given "a reasonable opportunity to be an impact with the Jets."

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Clearly Dennis is trying to be an antagonist. He lies about Tim's off season, approaches whether Tim plays or not as if it is Tim's decision, and makes conclusions about the strengths and weaknesses of other teams based on his personal opinion.

I'm not wasting any more time making reasonable points to Dennis thinking he is sincerely interested in a reasonable conversation.

Anyone one else want to fish for mullets? In this case, I don't.

#192 Remarker, Oct 3, 2012
  13. Dennis

Dennis New Member

I don't appreciate being called a liar. Just because you have a higher post count doesn't mean that you can be rude and disrespectful.

If I'm wrong or flat-out lying about how Tebow spends his off-season time, it should be easy to disprove me. But you don't. Instead you throw out personal insults and then avoid having to come up with a response by declaring I'm not worth responding to. Could it really be that you can't respond because I'm right?

By the way, I never claimed that it was Tebow's decision whether to play or not. I said that it is his decision to prepare as best he can and that he chooses not to.

As to the strengths & weaknesses of Tebow's 2011 opponents -

• Miami, 6-10
    • Oakland, 8-8
    • KC, 7-9
    • Jets, 8-8
    • SD, 8-8
    • Minnesota, 3-13
    • Chicago, 8-8
    That's the teams he beat in his famous 7-1 start. A combined record of 48-64 (.429). Not a single one of those teams had a winning record. The Chiefs and Bears had lost their starting QBs. The Vikings were a dumpster fire. Is it personal opinion that part of the schedule was soft?

#193 Dennis, Oct 3, 2012
  14. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Here, I'll do for you what you can't or won't do for yourself. Now, the only problem you may have is the reading part and I'll be damned if I am going to read it to you.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...pw.r_qf.&fp=839c414d419994f9&biw=1114&bih=590

15. Remarker

Remarker Banned

OK, pwning Dennis is kind of fun. I'll spend a few more seconds doing it,,,,again.

Dennis, per your opinion, the 'wimpy' teams Tim participated in beating would have been;
    • Miami, 7-9
    • Oakland, 9-7
    • KC, 8-8
    • Jets, 9-7
    • SD, 9-7
    • Minnesota, 4-12
    • Chicago, 9-7
    if they hadn't been beaten by the team Tim was playing on.
    BTW, With a 9–7 record, the Giants returned to the NFL playoffs and won the SB.

FYI, football is a team sport.

#195 Remarker, Oct 3, 2012
  16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Where did Dennis go?
    :metal:

#196 Remarker, Oct 3, 2012
  17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

The "book tour" was a total of 5 stops in Florida and Denver. Hmm, that would be "home" and "home". Guess what ? That summer, he also took time to eat, sleep, shower, change his clothes and various other things that people tend to do.

Oh, btw, wrt the lockout and practicing with team mates....

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/05/19/tebow-joins-teammates-for-informal-workout-in-denver/

Got any other false information you feel like spreading?

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Probably found something better to do than argue with your dumbass.

Ever wonder why nobody really responds to you? It's not because you "own" anyone, its because people realize they are arguing with someone who makes no sense what-so-ever and they figure something's up so they back off.

It's like talking to a five-year-old child about his/her hero. At first you might mention something about how that hero might not be as great as he/she thinks he is... But then the kid will get all crazy defensive and bring in things that are illogical to defend him, his/her voice will crack and you realize you may have hit a nerve. - To not crush the kid's spirit you back off..

That's how things are with you. Except, you are not a little kid, I don't think (which is scary) and you somehow think this situation equates to "owning" them and brag about it. Which is just plain weird.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

pwnage smack is weak

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I prefer asshole from peeps like you.
    Not really, but in your case and peeps like you, it's part of the 'plan'.
    Learn slow much?