49ers' cornerback Carlos Rogers says Jets quit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahha Barcs knows better. They didnt quit! Barcs says so!!!! Anyone with eyes could see they quit. They fucking quit tht\e last 3 games of last year.

Ill say it for the 40th time. Rex admitted to losing the team last year. He said he had zero pulse of the lockerroom. Thats the WORST thing a head coach of any sport can admit to. He should have been fired on the spot last year. You do not recover from that!!!!!

Half the team probably giggles after Rex leaves the room. They prolly throw their dirty fuckin underwear at him as hes walking away.

Tanny and Rex have to go. Plain and simple.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it was pretty obvious they quit in the 4th qtr

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

When Sanchez threw that pick on the screen, any rational person knew it was going to be hopeless.

4. Timsanity

Timsanity New Member

Sanchez never looks up for the fight, looks like a kid who's just had his toys taken off him in the post-game pressers too. Obviously he's not gonna be smiling and shit, but it'd be nice to see some steel in there somewhere. It's like watching a high school QB sometimes.

It starts rubbing off on the rest of the team, it shouldn't, but it seems to.

5. jonnyd

Thats one way of looking at it. OR, they can play 60 minutes since they get paid millions of dollars to do that. Because they'd run through walls to play for their brilliant coach remember? garbage

6. jonnyd

Something about that pass tells me Sanchez wasnt very good at monkey in the middle as a boy

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The last time any professional athlete cared about anything but themselves and their contract was probably in 1970s.

8. jonnyd

I know what youre sayin but I hink that may be generalizing bit. There are players who give a shit. Derek Jeter gives a shit. Dustin Padroia gives a shit. Ray Lewis gives a shit.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd call it quitting since the team looked ill prepared, outcoached, and uninspired (probably due to Revis being out) from the get go. We can talk all we want about how that Sanchez play on third and one hurt so bad, and as far as it goes, right then, that was true. But the fact is the Niners had before then not been playing all that well in terms of execution, like Smith overthrowing wide open receivers (that's another term for whoever Wilson is covering), and the D made some stops, too. But by the second half, the Niners played better, Sanchez's suckage was too blatant, and the O could not stay on the field. Why wouldn't the D give up? The O never had it, and they were down by more than one scrore (which is another way of saying the game was over with this offense).

10. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Me and my pop said the same thing during the game. They quit.

Which is why Rex should be on the hot seat.

11. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

It was The Great Rex Ryan Defense that quit. The offense played their usual inept game. No Sporano jig dancing last Sunday. However, it was obvious watching from my end zone seats that the coverage was not there. I can believe they quit because I saw missed block after missed block. The Swiss cheese D was on the field. Woody can go manage Romney's campaign because he certainly cannot manage the Jets' organization. BTW, Woody can also refund my season tix and PSL while he's at it. He should be brought up on fraud charges for handing us this sham of an NFL team!

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If the Jets have truly quit then this will be the nail in Rex's coffin. I really hate seeing this but if this is the case then the Jets have major problems...

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The offense played great in the first quarter and struggled the rest of the game against Pitt. He didn't quit they just didn't play well after the first 2 drives.

I think the D quit against the 49ers. The O just once again sucked. All the fumbles especially 2 intentional ones will take the life out of you.

Sanchez always has bad body language when things aren't going well. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to try anymore.

14. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 New Member

There were 50,000 Jets fans at the stadium? I thought those were 49er's fans! :rofl:

15. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 New Member

I agree. When you are down 27-0, and your offense has shown NOTHING of merit, what makes you think the defense wants to continue playing hard?

16. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Stop. If Sanchez doesn't fumble the football, the score is 7-3 going into halftime.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone finally said it, they did quit. Too bad it's someone from the opposite team!! - that is about as telling as it can be.

Where's the accountability?? Is there any leadership on this team and staff?? Can someone step up and say something????!?!

Brady is in the news today for absolutely lacing into his recievers - (in a game which they won by more than three touchdowns and put up 52pts!!) The Jets get shutout and QUIT and there was nobody even showing a flicker of passion and accountability on that sideline - players or staff!

Quitting is about the worst thing that can happen to an NFL franchise and my blame goes solely to the head coach. The attitude on this team is a direct reflection of Rex Ryan. They are too high when things are going well and too low when bad things happen. This is an exact correlation of Rex Ryan.

We've seen countless examples of this from Rex, here are just a few... From crying one week about how bad things are to only a couple weeks later claiming he has the best team in the playoffs ('09)

Just this week, he was completely dejected about Revis' injury. Two days later he doesn't put him on the IR and when asked why he says "I want to keep him available just in case we make it to the superbowl..." Are you fucking kidding me Rex? How does all of that resonate in the locker room?

A head coach should be on an even keel. He needs to keep his team grounded and focused - especially in the heat of the New York spotlight. When a Revis goes down, even if you are distraught you come out and say "We lost a good player but this is the NFL and injuries happen, we will rally together with the guys we have" Conversely - When good things happen instead of lauding praise and making bold proclaimations, etc, you need to say - "it was a great game but we're taking this thing week to week."

If the team doesn't get too high or too low we wouldn't see such inconsistency as we've seen in the entire Rex Ryan era and we wouldn't see quitters that's for damn sure.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Go watch Pouha pull up on the Gore TD run to make it 17-0. They quit.

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Saying the Jets "quit" at 24-0, given the way the O was playing and the amount of time the "D" was on the field is a cheap shot. Its not like the Jets are the only team that a late pile-on of points ever happened to.

This Defense gives up a lot of late scores due to its age and the amount of time its on the field. Its a misinterpretation to say they quit. Worn down is a better description.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Jets are worst defense in the NFL at 3rd down stop %. They were the worst at this before the 49ers too.

They are a major reason why they are on the field so long.