What record would it take for Tannenbaum to be fiired?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayMike, Oct 3, 2012.

1. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

I know it's likely not 8-8, and he's likely done at 2-14, but where does the line start? 6-10 I think he keeps the job. How about 4-12?

Damn it we need a new front office

2. Ted

Ted Member

I don't think you can put a number on it. Performance on the field based on personnel available will be the determining factor.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't know if he would be. He's Woody's "yes man".

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the next scapegoat is up

5. Murrell2878

Do you think this team has been built well? I don't.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We should have a press conference

7. nyjunc

it was built well enough to be legit SB contenders 2 of the 3 years, this year we have been hit hard by injuries to key guys. Not some 2nd rate guys like Terrell Thomas and Domenik Hixon and we are still 2-2.

8. Ted

Ted Member

Certainly you agree the talent has diminished and the depth reduced due to poor financial decisions and bad drafting the last 4 years.

9. Murrell2878

Those teams were basically built by Mangini. Outside of the trade for Edwards and Holmes what did Tannenbaum do for those teams? What has he done since? He's totally mismanaged this roster. He has mismanaged the drafts. Made terrible decisions particularly in keeping Holmes over Edwards. He's a glorified accountant and not a quality GM.

10. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 New Member

I think it'll be a 5-11 or 4-12 season that will get him the boot. Keep in mind that if the GM goes, it goes (most times!) without saying that Rex would be next in line when (and if) a new GM enters the fold. My biggest concern here is taking Rex out of the equation. If he goes, who does that leave as possibilities to take over the HC position? (leaving aside who a new GM would select)

Who would you want? I would have posted the links I found for current potential NFL coaches for 2012 and the current offensive & defensive coordinators for 2012, but my post count is still under 50. My apologies!

Post your thoughts!

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well tannenbaums eventual firing is going to be a process.....

12. nyjunc

so now Mangini gets all the credit just like Parcells got all the credit for the success of the Herm/Bradway teams.

he was the GM, he oversaw Revis, harris, Mangold, Brick, Leon, Smith, Sanchez, Braylon and all those moves. he put us in position to have a chance to reach 2 SBs.

we want to bash Rex, we want to bash Tannenbaum, we want to bash sanchez- how have we won so much with these guys if they all suck?

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a simple matter of record for a number of reasons, some good, some bad. Taking out how much I hate Woody and think Tanny sucks, losing the team's best player and best skill player on O is going to affect the record no matter who the GM is, so there is, unfortunately, a nice excuse there.

A bad reason as Murrell mentioned is that Tanny is willing to be Woody's yes man. What real football guy is going to want to take on that role? In other words, you can't just get rid of Tanny. You have to replace him. Given this situation, who can you get to replace him with?

Having said that, for pr reasons the Jets may feel a need to do something if the record falls low enough. (That may be nothing more than a reassignment of Tanny, but it will still be something.) I would say that would be 6-10.

14. Murrell2878

Based on Tannenbaum's talent aquisition record since Mangini left, yes, I am giving credit to Mangini for building those two AFCCG teams. Why hasn't he had quality drafts since Mangini left? Revis, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Leon and both Smith's were drafted by Mangini. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Mangini had a plan when he got here and they executed that plan.

This team has been built poorly by Tannenbaum. We are lacking talent AND depth. If that's not on Tannenbaum then what is he responsible for?

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The 2010 team was very different than Mangini teams. Some key people but not all that close. Sanchez, Scott, Devito, Greene, no more Rhodes, Cromartie, Edwards, Holmes, LT, no more Faneca. A lot of our key players are from the Mangini era and I don't think we have drafted well outside of Wilkerson and Ellis in the first 2 years of Rex which has hurt.

Wilson isn't a bust but he's not a real impact player you'd want in the first round. Same with Ducasse. We should have 2 players starting on our team that are 1st and 2nd round talent in their 3rd year but thats obviously not the case.

16. nyjunc

Mangini was here when we drafted Gholston, right? how come he didn't have success drafting in Cleveland?

I'm sure he was involved and we've made mistakes but since Mangini left we did draft 4 starters on championship teams w/ very few selections, it's not like BPs drafts where we had 10+ picks a year and 90% of them were busts.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We were contenders because the Jets went all-in for aging free agents. That didn't even get us to 12-4 and a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl, it got us to wildcard shot.

Mike Tannenbaum is a .500 GM when the owner opens his wallet up and spends in a huge way. That's Vinny Cerrato territory.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It's hard to justify yourself when EVERYTHING is falling apart.

The season is young and at this point Tannenbaum has to be praying that Rex has a miracle solution. His job depends on it.

19. nyjunc

you have to be 12-4 to have a legit shot? someone should tell the last 2 SB champs about that.

we were in 2 championship games, we were legit SB contenders.

FAs and trades don't count?

20. Murrell2878

So you point out the one true bust that was drafted in the Mangini era. Good job. BTW we also drafted our starting TE in that draft.

What four starters? Sanchez and Slauson? Slauson is about to lose his job. Greene was a starter in name only and is terrible so I wouldn't count him.

The few slections you noted is one of the major fault of Tannenbaum.