Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

(1) No he didn't. Young is a heck of a quarterback. Truly special. I think the mental/attitude aspect caused him to reach his ceiling way too early.

(2) Who are the others?

2. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

1. what does it matter how he failed. he had a really good first year then started going down hill. mentally or physically (tims inability to throw) it doesnt matter why they cant stick just that they cant.

let me do some research.. i have three "one hit wonders" in mind but have to clarify one.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Because the sun will come up if Tebow fails, too. That's life. That's football. That's the NFL. You take your shot, you work your hardest, and you hang up the cleats when nobody wants to hire you anymore.

The point is, some success is not evidence of being a long term success. But some success is evidence of being a decent prospect with NFL talent. I consider Vince Young a decent prospect with NFL talent -- it just didn't happen. He wasn't good enough at the job.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Don't throw first round in there. Josh McDaniels made an idiotic mistake and gave him that designation but, for Tebow, it doesn't carry the normal connotation (i.e. he shouldn't have been a first round pick).

Tebow should get a chance but the JETS are a team where there was a clear established pecking order:
    1. Sanchez
    2. See above
    3. See above
    4. See above
    5. Tebow/McElroy/Sign another player?

because it's in the organization's best interest, given everything about this team, to start Sanchez over Tebow if they're theoretically marginally equal (as opposed to putting any "second chance" that some may argue Tebow deserves before that). Fans may also be forgetting that, in terms of depth, we really need Tebow to stick to the role that he has because he makes a great contribution that way. Having Sanchez on the field at QB and Tebow at RB/FB/WR/TE/Punt Blocker/ST/Whateverelse maximizes the value of the roster as opposed to putting Sanchez on the bench (we all know he's too much of a 3!+(h to block on ST)

Sanchez AT LEAST deserves an opportunity to play one full healthy game with Dustin Keller before he's even in consideration for losing his job.

#124 VanderbiltJets, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  5. Slap

Slap New Member

Yeah, I hated him so much I flew to Denver for the Pittsburgh game everybody thought we were going to lose. Last season actually had many exciting moments, but I understand the game well enough to know Tebow has no future in a league that has made dozens of rule changes over the last 35 years to encourage teams to throw the football downfield.

There are some things I like about Tebow as a person, but they're balanced out by all the phony bullshit that surrounds him. From the smarmy promotional agencies that control him like a robot to his divisive, finger-pointing fans. Your insistence that the Broncos didn't support him epitomizes the childish way his fans behave and it has no place in a team sport. New team, new scapegoats. That's how you people work.

6. Slap

Slap New Member

They're great dogs and they love me as much as I love them.

Since familiarizing yourself with anything about the Broncos situation the last few years is too much to ask, you should know that Josh McDaniels did everything possible to bury the franchise. Many of those losses in 2011 came when the team was openly tanking to get him shitcanned. It's amazing that Elway AKA the world's biggest villain to the Tebow faithful was able to turn things around as quickly as he did. I lost a lot of respect for Tebow when he initially allowed his fans in Jacksonville to blame Elway for trading him to New York when he was given his choice of destinations. Only when it became obvious they couldn't pull off the lie did Team Tebow allow their robot to clear the air.

7. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

That whole conspiracy theory YOU have about McDaniels purposely trying to ruin the Broncs and trying to get fired is BS. What makes a player a 1st round draft pick is when he is drafted, NOT how great or awful the scouts say he is. Obviously you miss Tebow and that's why you followed him to the Gang Green. Go back to your own board.

8. Banjo

Banjo Banned

I totally agree. Those guys may be washed up has-beens, but our current group of WRs are mostly never-beens. Plus it would make the Jets really fun to watch

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Derek Anderson, Rex Grossman or Shaun King?

10. catfish

catfish New Member

first round is first round, reach or not, I agree with the pecking order in NY and don't think Tebow should start this year at all. I was just bitching about how he was treated in Denver, and hope some team gives him a shot eventually....although at this point I doubt it happens

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Just because you don't agree with his selection in the first round, it does not change the reality that Tebow was a first round pick.

Secondly, it is in the organization's best interest to start the QB who will win them more games. Tebow starting and succeeding, if all things are equal, actually increases the Jets' profile, popularity, and media coverage. It is much more advantageous for the NFL to have Tebow start and win 10 games, than Sanchez to start and win 10 games.

As far as Sanchez deserving to at least play with Keller for one game before losing his job... WHUT? I don't think it's time to bench Sanchez yet either, but not because of Keller. I just don't think a 2-2 record is enough to take any starting QB's job from him. 2-4, maybe. 2-5, 2-6, probably. 2-7, definitely.

12. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

thanks! although I wasn't thinking of King. I was thinking of Akili Smith started out big then went to shit... but he was just plain shitty!

13. kolorado22

kolorado22 New Member

#133 kolorado22, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  14. kolorado22

kolorado22 New Member

Slap you are just a simple ANTI Christian posing as a Tebow doubter. Tebow, the white Michael Vick will always draw and will always play. Like Vick he will eventually learn to pass because he will get his reps. If the Jets don't play him this year, Jacksonville will next year. If the Jets don't give Tebow his shot, next year will be Sanchez, no offense, no Tebow, no Rex, no doubt.

I am NOT a Christian!

15. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol: Who the fuck is this guy? ^^

That post is comedy gold.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Phaytal EVERY post you make is comedy gold.

17. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Demaryius Thomas was Denver's actual first round pick of 2010. After that, McDaniels traded back into the first round to reach Tebow. The only other QB that a team ever traded back into the first round for AFTER making one first round selection? BRADY QUINN. :eek:hmy: Not a real good precident.
    Tebow starting and succeeding is a HUGE assumption right now. Timmy had success in Denver last season for a couple of reasons.

• After the bye week, Denver's Defense finally fot their act together. Their development was delayed because the incoming HC John Fox didn't have a normal offseason to install his system.
    • There was no applicable game film on Tebow for opposing DCs to use in gameplanning.
    • The Broncos hit a fortuitous stretch in their schedule where they played bad teams (Miami) or good teams that were injured at critical positions (Chicago).
    • NFL teams weren't used to dealing with the spread option because they never see it. So like Miami's wildcat, it worked for a while. Then the NFL coaches read the "Defending the Spread Option" chapter in "Coaching Youth Football for Dummies" and the spread option was done.

None of that had much to do with Tebow being good enough to start in the NFL.

When Sanchez reaches 2-6, then people can start talking about Tebow starting...

18. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Considering Mark's history and adding your projection, I'd say that's a pretty flat learning curve.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

See T-haters that's how it is done. A reasonable and intelligent and non bias view on why Tim succeeded last year and not one phrase " OMGZORZ TEBOW SUCKS" in the entire post.

Dennis , I do think you are underestimating what Bailey, Von MIller, , Dawkins etc all said...that Tebow helped make the team gel and was a spark that got them going. Also the spread option is not done, just see tape from last weekend (49er offense) Other than that I can understand what you are saying.

#139 CowboysFan, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I said he was a 1st round pick. I did not offer an opinion either way on the wisdom of the pick. I do not understand why you quoted and responded.

Tebow starting and succeeding is not an assumption, it is a fact. 8-5 starting last year, and it is in the record books. Playoff win to boot. Your assumptions are not ridiculous, but are as speculative as opinions that Tebow did it all himself. The one thing that remains unchallengeable is 8-5.

Ummm... that is what I said and then you countered it by repeating what I said.