Ed Werder: Jets only want to play Tebow if Sanchez is doing well

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Oct 2, 2012.

1. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I'm sure that might figure in at some point, also.

2. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

Say whatever you want about TT's skills as a passer, but one thing that kid does better than almost anyone is put butts in seats.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hahahah, you apparently didn't visit the Broncos forums just prior to this past weekend. :)

4. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

How about this theory, they wanted to use Tebow to milk the clock when they are ahead, but that situation just doesn't seem to be arising much these days.
    All of these theories wont amount to a hill of beans if Sanchize throws up another goose egg Monday night. Everybody's egos, butthurt feelings, and psychological states won't matter at that point. That point will be the clock striking twelve, and the bell ringing,,,,,,,,
    Tebowtime!

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Your right I don't like trolling around other forums, but as I said Bronco fans. I bet the Tebow fans are the only ones clamoring for him. I find it hard to believe that true bronco fans that have followed this team for a long time are actually calling for Tebow over Manning...:up:

Just my opinion....but i will make a visit to one of their forums.

6. catfish

catfish New Member

there are a few Bronco fans who think they should have kept Tebow as the backup to take over when Manning left. Most of the ones who thought they should have stuck with Tebow were the ones who were afraid Mannings neck would be an issue, now that it appears it isn't they have pretty much bought in

7. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

This was an owner decision. Why do you think Rex has been toning down the tebow talk from day 1.

8. joeblamath

joeblamath New Member

I believe it. That is so backwards, though. Such a media suck fest this is. They might as well trade Tebow, then. Because based on this information he'll never play because Sanchez will just keep sucking and we wouldn't want to dirty his image and make him look worse than he is by Tebow coming in and out-playing him.

WHAT??? It makes no sense. At all.

Trade Tebow to the Chiefs then. They hate Cassel.

9. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

hmm how do you think he they were this weekend when their new qb went for something 330 yards + 3 tds and 30/38. and has 8tds / 3 ints for 1162 yards in 4 games for a 96.9 passer rating. and is the 7th highest scoring team in the league as opposed to 23rd?

pretty sure the broncos fans are lot frickin happier than I am. we have a dumpster fire of a season going. Our never better than mediocre QB looks worse than usual. being backed up by a 3rd year QB with no ability to play the position at a high level and wr/rb corps that couldn't beat a 1-AA college team.

Another year as a jets fan!!! fan-freaking-tastic.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I still think the Broncos are an 8-8 team, watch them get destroyed in Foxboro this weekend.

11. catfish

catfish New Member

have manning throw it 3 times a quarter, see how often they score

12. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I bet Rex would have chosen Manning over Sanchez.

13. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

see heres the deal... tebow sucks at throwing the football... manning doesnt. hence the play calling being different.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol win.

fills

15. catfish

catfish New Member

except that the broncos scored twice as many points in the fourth quarter when Tebow was allowed to throw than they did in any other quarter......

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets replace Sanchez with Tebow and it doesn't work out it's probably going to cost Mike Tannenbaum his job. Not because he wanted Tebow, but because he signed Sanchez to an extension last year that gave him more upfront money and ties him to the club as the starting QB for at least another year after this one.

Throw in the fact that if Tebow doesn't work out in that scenario the Jets are probably a 4-12/5-11 team and you get Tannenbaum out the door at the end of the season.

I believe Werder when he says the Jets are afraid to put Tebow on the field. If they thought Tebow could take the QB job and run with it he'd probably be starting Monday night. Clearly they have real doubts.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I believe that they are more concerned with if he succeeds.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex's fault is loyalty. He wouldn't get rid of Schotty. He kept Cavanaugh. Bart still starts. He told Sanchez he was the starter and he is going to keep his promise. Rex can't make a tough decision, it's not in his nature for better or worse that is who he is.