Sanchez or Tebow, what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 1, 2012.

1. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I agree with you. 2-2 is no reason to bench Sanchez and I definitely don't want him to start against Houston. They are monsters this year. Sparano needs to use Tebow strategically in the WC and not the crappy shit he's been surprising nobody with. It's bad when Jets fans can design better plays for Tebow on this forum than the experts can.

2. Banjo

Banjo Banned

There is nothing more exciting than Tim Tebow in the 4th quarter of a close game with a chance to win... nothing

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm pretty sure I said "[Tebow's] leadership" in general is a plus over Sanchez's without a reference to it's impact on any specific player, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

That having been said, if you are asking, I do think he could lead Santonio Holmes better than Sanchez.

4. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Of course I know who they are. Is your point the team and Sanchez are better now? I sure hope they will be in time but there is absolutely nothing to date to indicate things are progressing.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If that's the case - why isnt he?

Tim Tebow is on the New York Jets team. He's in the same locker room as Holmes. He goes to the same meetings. They talk. He obviously can't "lead" Holmes better because he isn't. Don't just say random ridiculous shit like that.

This isn't totally an indictment on Tebow's leadership, because Holmes is so me-first I don't think anyone can "lead" him. You have to want to be lead. I just find fault with that statement because its not like Tebow hasn't had the chance to lead him if he's so great at it.

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Watch out B QB. You must be like BrowningNagle or get his wrath.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the difference is tebow can do things that dont require great skill players, as he himself id a good skill player. the denver rush offense went from 25th to first and putting tebow in. i dont think that was coincidence. we currently rank 24th... he wouldnt make us the top rush offense, but id gaurantee a huge improvement. He also protects the ball better, limits turnovers, and would help in time of possesion

we would still be a bad 6-8 win team, but we'd be in more games imo

8. jerseyjay14

id also add that if holmes cant stand sanchez he would be extra motivated to make it work with tebow.

9. jerseyjay14

IF we were 1-3 would you think there is more reason to bench sanchez? cause right now we should be 1-3, staring 1-4 in the face.

10. jerseyjay14

its hard to lead when you arent in a position to... take the champ bailey comments/example. tebow was still on the team before becoming a starter, but bailey didnt start "playing harder"(his words not mine) until tebow became starter

11. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Not to speak for JaxSuzy but many Tim fans prefer Tim get a better opportunity to be successful than the current condition of the Jets allows.

If there was a viable, accessible, and known alternative for Tim, I would too.

BUT the cards Tim holds are the cards he must play. I also believe Tim is NOT inTimidated by his predicament and would embrace an opportunity to play the game and position he loves,,, with the big dogs. AND would play with the zeal usually attributed to wild animals making a 'kill'.

#31 Remarker, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  12. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

funny how its always the OC's fault? Tebow looked like shit in denver blame the OC! Tebow isnt doing anything in the few chances he has in NY...blame the OC!

Revamp the entire offense to fit Tebow, even though the oc never ran a spread offense (that I am aware of) they dont have the people in the WR / RB positions to run it and they are 4 games into the season already.

That seems smart. I swear sometimes you guys dont think.

If you play tebow in an other offense ill suited for his specific skill set...what happerns? he looks like shit...again... then what happens? Not only do 30 out of the 32 not believe in him the other two (jax and jets) wont either.

13. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Sanchez sucks for 3 years blame the OC (Schotty)! Get a new OC and Sanchez still sucks blame the new OC, and the wr's, and the te's, and the rbs, and the defense, and the coaches, and the FO!

14. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

15. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

I dont blame the oc. I blame sanchez sucking. I havent bought into the kid since day one, he's soft. Unfortunately for us real jets fans he gives us the best chance to win... i just threw up in my mouth.

Here's what you tebow jets dont get... I have been watching Brady, Brees, Mannings, Montana's, Youngs, etc... win championship after championship while the jets have had some of the worst QB's ever wearing the uni. I would sell my grandma's kidney for a SB, regardless of who the QB is... the problem isnt that Tebow is here...the problem is he is just another mediocre or worse jets QB in a long long long line of them.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I didn't come here for Tebow, but I get you. It's been a tough go for this franchise over the years. You are one of the few that never wanted Sanchez. He's the teflon don for some reason. His staunch supporters are just as bad as Tebow's imo.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

From my military experience... if you ain't in charge don't act like it. When your number gets called, be ready. That is why he is not leading Holmes.

18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Guess what genius ? If you put any number of QBs in offenses they are ill suited for, they'll look like shit. Some QBs just cant' operate in a WCO, it doesn't play to their skill set. Other QBs are lost in an EP. Yet others would look like crap trying to run a Spread.

BTW, Sparano ran a Spread offense as the OC at Boston U.

19. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Tebow looked like shit in Denver? The team was 4-14 with him on the bench. He was 8-5 last year coming in as an after thought. They traded Lloyd the week he started and put DT on the field for the first time in over a year. I will take the 8-5.

He has looked like shit in NY? He has hardly been used but has more YPC than Greene or Powell you know the two RBs? He has throw one pass for a 9 yard completion. Are you even watching the games?

P.S. You will not see a post from me suggesting Tebow start. Personally I don't think anyone on the roster can make this offense work but Sanchez probably has the best chance if for no other reason he has more reps.

#39 Jim-Jet, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Exactly. You can't be a leader if you've not been given the authority to be one. Sanchez is the qb right now. TT can still have a positive effect in the locker room but Tebow's limited playing time means his leadership role is limited. Right now this is Mark's team. Just as you said Backup.