Sanchez or Tebow, what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I first want to start by saying this is a rational discussion and not a Tebow/Sanchez rant. Ok, so I know that the lack of success from Sanchez is due to many factors:

- WR's not getting open
    - WR's dropping balls (oh Hill why?)
    - Lack of a running game
    - new OC this year
    - Keller being out of the lineup
    - etc.

But I think it is safe to say that one of the excuses that can't be used this year is the O-line. While it may not look like the best, they do provide him adequate time to get the ball out and I think no one will deny it's strides better than last year.

My whole thought process is like this:
    Sanchez hasn't shown us anymore than fleeting flashes of potential ever so often in 3 and 1/4 seasons. Yes I am fully aware of what his post-season stats and win/loss record is. I aslo realize that all this was acomplished with one of the best defenses in the last 10 years, with a #1 and a #3 rushing attack. We're not that team anymore plain and simple, we have got worse, and we have lost the best defensive player in the NFL.

I watched almost every game that Tebow started last year, and watched him the year before. I know just how raw in talent this guy is. He has a lot of problems most of which I feel like can be corrected. I sort of see the situation as how much worse can it get.

What's the difference between Sanchez getting sacked in the pocket looking like a deer in headlights than Tebow getting sacked out of the pocket?
    Sanchez is enhh ok in the short game but throws a horrible deep ball, Tebow's sort of the opposite (and with a healthy Hill I could see this alone being huge).
    They both have been known to make poor decisions and poor throws.
    Sanchez is NOT a leader. Tebow elevates the play of the players around him.
    Tebow could revamp our rushing attack into something respectable, which inturn would help the passing game.

My finishing point is this, we know who Mark Sanchez is at this point, do we really want to finish the season with him?

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Difference is Tebow's leadership, rushing ability, and deep throwing ability, as you stated.

Sanchez is better in the short passing.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Given the lack of overall talent, Tebow beating his brains against the wall is probably just as effective as Sanchez throwing picks to opposing D-linemen.

4. Remarker

Remarker Banned

OP, you make legitimate points. "Do we really want to finish the season with him (Mark)?" you ask. I say no regardless of whether Tim is the starting QB or not.

However, I think Rex should throw Tim out there and let the chips fall where they may. Tim will have fun and we will have fun watching him, like him or not.

I also think Rex should somehow pick Dan Mullen's brain about how to play Tim. Mullen, the HC of Miss. St., was OC for the Gators in their 2006 NC win and the only OC that seemed to get Tim's best.

#4 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

sanchez has 3 more playoff wins

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

In two more seasons starting.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I agree, if Tebow started we will still lose many games, the defense sucks, the Wrs suck, and the running backs suck!

8. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

It'll be entertaining and that's all that matters. If you don't expect anything good out of Tim and he does better than you get excited, if he does what you expect you feel good about your own judgement and if he does worse then you're LOLing and having fun. Win-Win-Win???

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

What if he does worse, it could ruin his nfl career.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Tebow won't start until two conditions are met...

The season is nearly mathematically lost and Sanchez play is consistently poor.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Agreed, Sanchez is locked in with his contract. Orton from last year was on the last year of his deal.

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

:shit: I can guarentee Tim would welcome the challenge.

13. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

One of those two conditions have already been met.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I want to see Sanchez play with Keller and Hill in the line up, I think it will be fair assessment of his abilities, especially against Indy, if he stinks it up for another 6 quarters I would CONSIDER making a switch.

15. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

so what youre saying is...in order for the jets to play tebow they have to revamp the entire offense 4 games into a season when they sit at 2-2? makes a whole lot of sense. especially with a horrid run game and a bad o-line. you want to make sure tebow never gets another shot? throw him out against the texans this week.

16. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Interesting presentation. I believe we have seen what Sanchez can do and it hasn't been pretty and this is his fourth year as a starter.

Tebow is a bit of an unknown quantity. He has looked bad often but has looked good at times and won while doing it. Will he make a difference? I'm not sure but it is an unknown because it hasn't happened regardless of peoples opinions on what will happen. Tebow has never had the advantage of being the starter going into a season. Always an after thought. So a big question is can he improve on what we saw last year. I have never seen a young QB in the NFL that was in his situation and took a 4-14 team to a 9-7 record and have people talk about what garbage he is. Seems rather weird actually. Most people that follow the NFL would think a young QB in that situation would be well on their way to a career. If it was anyone but Tebow.

To answer your question - I have my doubts anyone could make chicken salad out of this offense. As I posted in another thread I would probably feel sorry for anyone put in that situation.

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Tebow couldn't lead Holmes any better than Sanchez (nor could anyone else), so I hope that's not what you were referring to.

18. VanderbiltJets

Number of playoff wins doesn't matter compared to the fact that he beat Manning and Brady on the road (two games in a row)(he even pulled a Tebow in the game vs Manning).

19. VanderbiltJets

Do the names "Brian Schottenheimer" and "Wayne Fucking Hunter" mean nothing to you?

I hope that as a 3/12er that doesn't mean that you don't know who Schotty is...

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Couple of points.

Presuming Tebow was put in as the starter, I actually can picture Holmes getting on board. Kind of hard to explain it, but when you see a guy out there laying everything on the line trying to fight for a win, it's infectious.

You can laugh it off or deny it all you care to, but THAT is exactly what happened in Denver last year and it's what Tebow has done his entire career.

Champ Bailey said it best when he said that he just played harder for Tebow.

Brian Baldinger discusses it here in this video

http://www.csnphilly.com/sportsnetP...baldinger-on-the-saints-tebow-and-manning.htm

(At the 2:45 mark)

Basically, it works on a number of levels. Some/most will just gravitate towards him naturally. They'll see him giving 120% and they'll up their intensity to match. With others, it's a more indirect thing. They'll see everyone else wratcheting up their game, and they'll feel somewhat like an outsider. They might even become somewhat of a pariah in the locker room. Either they join in of their own volition, or other vets in the locker room might shame them into it.

It's human nature really. You see all the guys on your "team" going in one direction and leaving you out, you want to join the pack. That, or you just get left on the outside.

BTW, standard disclaimer, I'm not advocating that Tebow be named the starter, nor am I implying that there's a problem in the locker room right now. Merely addressing the point that you raised.