Epps Injury Tebow's Fault?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

HAHA. You're wrong.

2. catfish

catfish New Member

the article also features a twitter post enlarged and centered that says "and thats why they call what Tebow throws...hospital balls."

3. catfish

catfish New Member

I'll try harder next time ;)

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hmm.. okay then prove it.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Hard work breaks weak vs. superior talent. Or some shit like that.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

a twitter post? you don't say!!!

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

BRB. Don't go anywhere.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

its all context, when you highlight a twitter post in the middle of your article you are giving the post credibility. for example if I wrote an article that was a point for point breakdown of the struggles in the passing and running offense including the trouble blocking up front and wide receivers having trouble getting separation, but in the center of the article had a tweet from someone who said

"Mark Sanchez is the worst qb in the NFL." it would color the rest of the article as biased or slanted

9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Low-blow has to be personal... It's just illogical analysis (following that Player A's Throw yields Player B's Injury). It's simple.

10. catfish

catfish New Member

I agree, but feel that there is an agenda to some extent that makes it personal. If it was simple a to b=injury it would be analysis, it is the undercurrent of Snark and glee that makes it personal

11. catfish

catfish New Member

I will motivate all of you to better posting with my charisma and leadership skills, my forum intangibles are off the chart

12. VanderbiltJets

Anyone who would add "snark and glee" is just doing that because they know it pisses Tebots off (as opposed to "insulting" Tebow). Sports aren't personal, they're sports.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

as I stated earlier the articles the OP was referencing don't seem to be posted on legitimate sports sites, but on sites that are more known for their political and social reporting. They are best ignored, but it is interesting how invested some people are in latching on to any chance to belittle Tebow. I don't think the snark and glee is to piss off Tebots in those cases, but is more that some anti christian or left leaning people cant wait for Tebow to fail so that they can gloat. It actually is pretty sad when you think about it

14. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

St Aug is one of my favorite places. Nice waves for surfing or bodysurfing and super putt-putt golf LOL. Spent every summer there for a while. I shoulda guessed you had a little sand in your shoes!

15. Dierking

without the hype machine, you're just another fish

16. catfish

catfish New Member

I bring another dimension to the game, just because you cant explain how my posts keep hitting it right on the money doesn't mean I don't get results. You are stuck inside the box and just can't understand what I bring to the table.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

There hasn't any real media discussion implying that Tebow got Epps injured (there wouldn't be, it's an inane position).

There hasn't been any real media discussion about Tebow blowing it as PP and causing a blocked punt (though Hoge tried to go there today on ESPN).

The spotlight is kind of off Tebow for now -- the team is spiraling.

18. catfish

catfish New Member

agreed on both points, any discussion is fringe at best, for the most part the media has plenty of other things to focus on for now

19. Dierking

see, here's the problem. You really aren't a cat. Or a fish. Doesn't mean you don't bring something to the table, but fuck if I want you on my dinner plate. I've spent a lot of time in Louisiana, I know from good cajun eats. And you ain't it.

20. VanderbiltJets

If that's the case then they're just exploiting Tebots for page hits, which seems unfair but given that "reputable" websites often misreports the news (a.k.a. what they're paid to report on) this isn't surprising/shouldn't be regarded. I don't know why anyone would go to a non-football source for football-related news/analysis/content (it's not as though the incident in question is Tebow off-the-field here or personal).