Epps Injury Tebow's Fault?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I think it was a low-blow as well as incorrect. Agree to disagree.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Accusing Player A of making a mistake that leads to Player B's mistake/injury isn't an personal insult to Player A no matter how poorly you spin it. This isn't exclusive to Tebow.

3. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, I just got it, thanks to you. I thought dump was some new age disparagement and not just a misspelled word. I think Bannon got it and used it like pwn is used instead of own. This is to funny B QB.

#43 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Using a random injury to Player B which occurred after a pass from Player A as a means to discredit Player A's passing ability and/or directly blaming Player A for said injury is a low-blow.

I didn't say that they insulted Tebow, I said it was a low-blow.

5. catfish

catfish New Member

Vandy, backup has a point on this one, it isn't that they are saying Tebow's pass led to injury which is true, but they are saying that it not only caused the injury, but is proof that he can't throw. Which is ridiculous

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If one is going to blame Tebow for Epps injury then shouldn't we blame Sanchez for Holmes injury. There is not much doubt if Sanchez's pass was not so poor Holmes would not have been injured.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I didn't see any articles blaming Tebow for that injury.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

the huffington post had one, there was at least one more that I read...they are all pretty much obviously politically motivated and not by any means what I wold call unbiased

9. Dierking

The Huffington Post? You guys crack me up. Somebody said something mean about Tebow when he was in the fifth grade. Go start a thread about it.

10. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

I thought it was a nice spiral, with zip?

11. catfish

catfish New Member

ehh, it is just highlighting that much of the Tebow criticism is not based in actual football knowledge. A lot of people are poised to pounce if he screws up, or even if he doesn't. The fact is most if not all of the actual sports websites are being very clear that it wasn't tebows fault, but the ones that focus on politics take the opposite view. I'm not really bitching about it because at this point it is expected that a certain part of the population hates Tebow for what he stands for and it's nothing to cry over.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Because you didn't see them doesn't mean they aren't out there. Google it and you'll find many. BTW, the Huffington Post is a respectable news source. Left-leaning, but respectable.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

it looked to be a decent spiral, but didn't have zip, it needed to be a bit of a lob to get over the line, kind of like a screen play. Unfortunate that the TE got hit low before he could protect himself

14. catfish

catfish New Member

a lot of the it's tebow fault comment come from the comments sections below the actual articles too, make sure you are separating the 2 in your mind. Other than Huff Po most articles I read have been neutral or very explicitly it was not Tebows fault

15. Dierking

I googled it and didn't find any. You're so jacked up express your reverence and to defend poor Timmy's honor, you're tilting at windmills of your own imagination.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Google harder.

*^^^somebody is going to add this that phrase to their sig*

17. Dierking

that just sounds so dirty

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

HAHA. I'm guessing he started this thread over the huffington post "article" Which in itself is isn't an actual article. It's a just a quick blog for entertainment not even making any real assertions.

here is what is actually said -

"It took until Week 4 for the New York Jets coaches to allow Tim Tebow to throw a pass. Based on the outcome of that play, it might be a while before they ask their backup to toss it again.

With the Jets trailing the 49ers, 7-0, in the second quarter in New Jersey, Tebow came onto the field in a 3rd-and-1 situation. The high-profile backup took a shotgun snap, faked a handoff and then burst toward the line of scrimmage. Rather than barreling ahead for the yard to gain, Tebow stopped short and flicked a throw to Dedrick Epps. The reserve tight end managed to get his hands on the ball but coughed it up when he took a low hit from 49ers safety Dashon Golson.

Utilized earlier in the game for blitz pickup, Tebow has yet to hit his stride as a runner in New York -- or a passer. To sum up: One pass attempt resulted in one completion, one fumble recovered by the 49ers and one fewer offensive player available for the Jets.

Of course, Tebow fans will be happy to know that his completion percentage figures to be better than Mark Sanchez's mark. "

That's a low blow?? HAHA. ONE half-hearted blog somewhere in the world puts up a little blurb about the play, making no real assertions about Tebow as a QB but that's somehow equates to "It's amazing how some of the articles today are blaming Tebow for the injury to Epps."

My mailman told me that Tebow sucks - I think I'll start a thread about it. What a low blow.

19. catfish

catfish New Member

other than the Huff Po article you aren't going to find anything along those line is what I would consider reputable outlets. You will find a handful of articles from bloggers, but like you said getting upset about what someone types from their mom's basement is silly

20. Dierking

Interesting observation. Amazing, almost.