Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Denver was 25th in the running game and 27th in defense (I believe) on a team that was 7-24 in the previous 31 games (worst in the NFL during that span) when Tebow was named starter.

He went 8-5 as the starter, running game went to #1 and the Denver defense did very well also, the team won the division and advanced in the playoffs.

#101 CowboysFan, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I agree with you. Edit: He's gotta be somewhat ready and so does the team. I know it's tough, but try to leave that frustration at the bar. I'm not that guy at the bar. But I'm putting that in the past. I've got no problem with you man.

3. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Fair. Cheers mate!

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Sign Vince Young.

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'd be fine if people put Tebow in the Vince Young category -- if they just thought of him as a QB that could win some games, and the jury's still out on whether he can translate long term to the NFL game.

But for some reason, Young got the benefit of doubt for 3 years, and people wanted to slam the door shut on Tebow from day one.

6. Slap

Slap New Member

Wow, you're even dumber than CowpieFan. Detroit won 45-10. The Broncos retrofitted the offense for Tebow and his spastic throwing motion over the following weeks, even asking him for input on plays he could actually perform without spawning derisive ESPN threads that lasted 100,000 posts. They accomodated his massive inadequacies in an effort to win ballgames, but that wasn't good enough for the Tetards.

Anyway, get him on the field. I can't wait to see it.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

At least 45-10 isn't a shutout. :up:

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I like Vince to be honest. He is just a head case most times.

slap is not a jet fan, he is a Broncos fan that was annihilated last year when tebow won all those games.

#108 CowboysFan, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

you insult and you insult and you insult because you have no substance.

[​IMG]

10. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

"k. Heck of a job, Tim Tebow, on the blocks on Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks out of the backfield. Fullback stuff. Reminds me of what Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff said in camp about Tebow: "The guy's a football player. I don't care what we ask him to do. He just goes out and tries to do the best at whatever job he's given." Degrade and demean Tebow all you want, but if you take away the mayhem of having Tebow and his publicity machine in your locker room, any team would be crazy to not want him to be on the 53-man roster." Reference: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/30/week-4/index.html#ixzz285NtLNDQ

---

Reads to me like Gang Green Message Board is part of the Tebow publicity machine (that's a good thing). What is a publicity machine anyway? I was to understand the JETS have their own PR department which has the experience in dealing with all the NY media machines.

Tebow sure is a polarizing individual. Seems the peeps cannot stop talking and writing about him. :rofl:

Suspect based on Mark's QB performance... Starting soon: QB Tebow. I believe Ryan and company know this from the moment they had the idea of acquiring Tebow. What say y'all?

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

A QB doesn't need a successful year in his first (or second) season a la Vince Young to prove their long-term worth (see: Drew Brees). The point is, conversely, that one good year does not mean another will follow.

12. catfish

catfish New Member

can't disagree with you, will say this is the first case that I know of that a 1st round QB with a winning record in his first 16 starts was sent packing. I for one would like to see Tebow get a second chance somewhere as I feel he got the short end of the stick in Denver.

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm fine with that -- when you look at it, quite a few promising quarterbacks come through the league, and even have some success. But when you look back, very few end up sticking for 10+ years. It's a hard job, and some indefinable "extra" makes some of them have what it takes to get there, and some not.

Whether Tebow is a franchise quarterback would be a much more nuanced discussion, to me. That remains to be seen.

The part that his success is relevant to is are all the "kill it with fire" attitudes, like "no way he's a QB" and "sucks as a QB." You just can't fake it for almost a whole season at this level.

14. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Those dogs are too nice to be yours. :p And you haven't seen me even suggest Tebow should be starting. In fact I would probably feel bad for anyone that had to replace Sanchize in this steaming pile of an offense. :)

You seem to be very pissed off that Tebow has a winning record after 16 starts. But yeah the team carried him and had to put up with his inadequacies - the team that was 4-14 with him on the bench.

15. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Actually I have an idea. Put Sanchez on bench and sign Vince Young. Use Tebow and Young as QB tandem and install a QB run heavy offense. Read option, jet sweep, triple option, QB dive, etc. It may actually work somehow, just like Air force and GT in NCAA football. The bottom line is, it can't be worse.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Start Tebow, sign Ocho, T.O. Kellen Winslow, and Plaxico. You can get all of them for $5 and a bag of chips. Instantly better than the Jets now.

17. Flight 15

Flight 15 New Member

I wonder which teams will want Sanchez after Rex pulls the plug? Miami?

18. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

If yall tank and get a high pick, you can kiss your boy Sanchez goodbye. Geno Smith will be the new QB of the NY Jets. Sanchez is done in NY.

19. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

number one yardage wise. 17th in scoring and 21st in efficiency (yards per TD)

again another tebow junkie with half the story being told.

20. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

yes you can. Vince Young did it. amongst others.