Anyone up for considering Brian Hoyer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LSUtiger, Oct 1, 2012.

1. LSUtiger

LSUtiger Member

No doubt the Jets have multiple problems -- lack of offensive playmarkers, defensive front 7 not getting it done from a passrush or running perspective, injuries, and a poor running game. However, it is hard to overlook how bad Sanchez is playing. He has one good game, then 5 below average ones. There is no consistency -- sure the O line has not been great and the receivers are not getting consistently open, and his binkey TE is hurt, but his play is consistently bad. He'll pop for a good game once in a while, but I don't think there is any way he can carry them to a playoff run with the defense as bad as it currently is. Tebow is not an answer, so forget playing that card. I don't know about the Alabama kid, just not enough evaluation on him yet.
    There really isn't much else out there except Pats cast off Brian Hoyer. I think it's worth giving him a look. I'm no longer worried about "losing" Sanchez -- he is already lost in my mind. Anyone else think giving Hoyer a long look is worth it?

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Matt Simms for the win!

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Give Greg a shot. He won a title at Bama. Can't do worse then yesterday.

4. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

im still shocked by the hate for sanchez. He has looked good in every game until the 49rs he clearly fell apart yesterday.

You cant hold sanchez responsible for receivers not holding onto the ball. First 3 games sanchez looked on target and consistently hitting receiver in the hands and they kept dropping them.

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh, Miami, and now SF. That's three shitty games out of four, all under 50% passing, 2 TDs, 4 TOs. Schotty is no longer an excuse. Shit WRs and no running game can be factored in, but it's a regression. Sanchez needs to be much better and more consistent if he wants to be our QB and make $10 mill/year. And for the record, I'm no Tebow fan.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

WHAT??? Looked good in every game? He's looked like dogshit in every game (minus a couple of good drives) except the Buffalo game.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I hate to agree with Fatty but he's right when he says it's almost impossible to be under fifty percent passing in this league now, and Sanchez is the only one who's under that total.

8. JdotGriff

You should watch the games. Pitt Miami both consisted of allot of drops by our receivers. Even a blind man can see how many times drives ended due to drops of catch able passes.

9. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

No. Nobody's up for it.

10. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

So that completely absolves Sanchez from missing numerous WIDE open receivers. How many times last week did Sanchez miss a receiver because his vagina told him to throw the ball before the receiver even got to run their route through? Three out of four games and you STILL want to come up with excuses for this guy?

Do you even watch football?

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I watched every minute of every game. I want Sanchez to succeed.

Yes, there have been a lot of drops, but he also has consistently missed open WRs, thrown behind WRs, had poor timing, held onto the ball too long, made bonehead decisions, not secured the ball, looked timid and tentative, and has that same stupid hangdog look on his face at the slightest adversity. This is year 4 and he still plays like a rookie.

Oh, and bringing in Hoyer is a stupid fucking idea.

12. JdotGriff

First off im not one of the pro Sanchez crowed. I was screaming for his head since the 2010 season. Hes under a retarded contract right now so yeah i think the pony should be ridden until his contract is over. He is a pussy once drops start happening when things arent rolling well he curls up in a ball and crys. I get that but if the rest of the team isnt performing why is it his head being called for?

There are several issues that need addressing before the the hammer can come down on the QB.

Yes i watch football but not just 1 position. Mark isnt manning brady rodgers. He is a support QB. Expecting him to carry this offense is a direct conflict to why he was drafted.

Consistently? Come on man its like clock work every game so far. Sanchez has come out hot cutting up defenses with great passes. Once something starts going bad (drops bad routes w/e) he goes into scared child mode and falls apart. We didnt draft mark because we though he was the next peyton. We drafted him cause he fit the mold for what we needed from a QB. Now the mold has broken and fallen apart We are expecting him to be able to carry the offense? bullshit

13. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

except for the buffalo game, 1st quarter pitt, maybe 4th/OT miami he has been freaking abysmal. This bum can't even complete a screen pass for God's sakes! McElroy would at least resemble an NFL QB. I expect we will lose to HOU, IND, NE, at that point, I guess tebow will get a turn and then maybe at the 3-11/4-10 mark McElroy will get his shot. If rex is fired mid-season then sparano (as interim coach) would make the QB change sooner.

p.s. I know pukechez is my avatar, will change as soon as I get home from work

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Sanchez sucks and his wide receivers suck which is making him suck more. Cumberland is a pretty crap #1 TE. Hill has great physical talent but stone hands. The timing looks awful which could be put on coaching or all of the above.

How many times are we going to see receivers not ready for the pass or a receiver cut in the wrong direction of where Sanchez throws the ball.