Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I think Tim can get the most out of this team now. Things just aren't clicking for Mark. And I have nothing against Mark as you know. I'd give Tebow the reigns starting today. I believe Tebow brings a totally different element.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

If any of this were true (Woody calling the shots), Woody needs to sit Rex down and tell him "This isn't working, and I'm not going to fire you if you switch quarterbacks. I'll give you the time to work through it if it doesn't work out, and even to draft another one."

But he's not going to do that -- so from Rex's standpoint, it's starting to feel like making a quarterback change is an all-or-nothing move.

As long as you don't make the switch, you can hang on longer -- Billick held on for years by sticking with Kyle Boller in Baltimore, all through the "developmental" years, then the starting years, the injured years. And Kyle Boller was an obvious Sanchez Jr. (probably worse, but parallel for this discussion).

The difference is that early playoff success Sanchez had.

3. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Erm, evidence that the jets have a plan for Tebow at qb = what?

Running Miami's wildcat with him? Having him block for sanchize?

Did you watch the pre-season? How about the practice video's!?

If you had, all you'd see is Tebow struggling to run Sanchez's offense.

4. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Its pretty obvious that Sanchez is struggling to run Sanchez's offense, you can't do any worse than zero.

5. Slap

Slap New Member

Thanks for proving my point, genius.

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Below is Slap's reply to the above quote.
    No problem. I'd rather be me than be you or like you.

#86 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

There you go again. Arguing against things I never said. Again, I've never said the Jets have utilized a good plan already put in place for TT. Of course they need to have a plan to use Tebow that utilizes him with his attributes and strengths. How can I even converse with you? You make up things that I don't say. You're shooting down fake arguments here.

#87 John Chisum, Oct 1, 2012
  8. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

Tebow is getting better and better! He can win games!

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Let this sink in for a minute...

Kevin Fishbain ‏@kfishbain
    #Jets QB Mark Sanchez in his last 3 games: 44-of-101 passing (43.6%) for 2 TDs, 3 INTs, sacked 6 times, lost one fumble.

10. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, yeah but did he take into consideration that Tim is a Jets now. When Mark had better numbers, Tim was not a Jets. :rofl:

The truth is, I believe Tim being a Jets HAS had a negative impact on Mark. It has exacerbated Mark's propensity to break weak. But that's on Mark, not Tim. Every time I saw the tape on firstrow's 'filler broadcasts' of Mark flinching when he was lined up as a wide reciever, I was reminded of Mark's propensity to break weak. Mark is an embarrassment.

#90 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
  11. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I'm not shooting down fake arguments. I'm stating the jets obviously have no idea what to do with Tebow.

Don't be defensive.

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

That's for sure. Harbaugh schooled Saprano on how to use a read option QB.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

I have no desire to see Tebow on the field this year, let him take a year to see if he can improve as a passer, he needs it.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

you what a great way to improve as a passer is?

getting alot of real time reps as a qb

15. catfish

catfish New Member

not necesarrily if your problem is footwork, you need to get it in muscle memory before taking it up to game speed

16. Slap

Slap New Member

You (and the other mental midgets on this short bus forum) are constantly spreading the revisionist lie that the Broncos didn't support Tebow. The one game we tried to treat him like a regular QB against Detroit, Tebow put the whole team in clown shoes. The Broncos responded by dragging the entire offensive scheme 50 years back in time to give him a chance to actually compete. You're welcome, ingrate.

Anyway, your contagion is now the Jets problem. I sincerely wish real Jets fans the best.

17. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Dude, you're the one that started cussing and arguing with me! Saying you're rolling you're eyes at me. Saying things I never said. Then acting like I'm the problem here cause I'm defensive. You're in you're own little fantasy world if you have no idea why I replied to you. I'm not gonna hold hard feelings toward you, but you need better etiquette than what you're displaying here. I agree with you that the Jets have not used Tebow well thus far. I need to be done conversing with you. We are wasting each other's time here.

Quote: by Potzer
    I'm pretty &*$#ing tired of this line of thought. Yea, lets just throw Tebow out there again, midseason, with no plan, it'll be great. I mean, if he failed being thrown in mid stream he'd get another shot right? :eye roll:

The jets have shown how great they are at putting Tebow in positions to succeed.

:eyeroll:

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

haha Slap you sound butt crushed man, I have destroyed you so many times in internet debates that's it not even fun for me anymore.

Oh and as always:

[​IMG]

19. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

WOW - that is an excellent analysis. In Tebow's 5th NFL start the Denver offense had 64 less net offense yards than Detroit and 2 less first downs and this set NFL offense schemes back 50 years. Genius!

20. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Hah, I was annoyed because I listened to this exact argument in the bar all late afternoon/night game. Then I came home (and stupidly) checked the boards to see what other people had to say.

I'm merely trying to point out the possibility that throwing him out as the starting qb for the jets, could be the worst possible thing for Tebow. This is a possibility that seems to miss some people.

I would rather not see Tebow become the next Vince Young.