Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

sanchez pocket presence has been horrible as of late thats the problem. No killer instinct. no drive to want to come back after a hit.

2. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying dump Sanchez and make Tebow the permanent starter, I'm saying "Hey, we don't even have Holmes for this game now. However small our chances were before they are far less now."

Under these circumstances you have to do something unexpected, because Houston is the best all around team in football right now and you just can't play them straight up and expect not to get your doors blown off again. They won't be preparing for Tebow, and when the Jets start him and then leave him in there the Texans defense will have to adjust, and Tebow is hard to adjust for especially when you haven't practiced for that possibility during the week.

I'm trying to win a game here, not bash Mark Sanchez.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Tebow sucks. Woody asked for a Qb controversy between two players neither of whom should be the starter. He got what he asked for.

Now we can sit back and watch the carnage. Today is the day the Qb controversy officially starts here.

Eventually they will have to play McElroy, though. We should have a poll.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Can Tebow and a tebow led offense really be worse? we got shut out this week, look terrible vs a bad miami team last weak and got shutout the second half vs. pittsburg.

its worth a shot just to see what exactly we could do with tebow under center. everyone thought he was crap last year and he took denver to the playoffs.

its not like we are going anywhere this year anyway.

5. jerseyjay14

if it doesnt work we lose and we are 2-3 headed into miami

the same exact scenario as if we start sanchez

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like McElroy but he has a Chad Pennington arm. I think he will be a good back up but shouldn't ever be the starter either.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Down by 20+ points in the fourth quarter while facing a shutout ...... and Tebow sits on the sidelines. I was against the Tebow trade and still felt Tebow should've been given a chance to go out there.

Was under the impression that Tebow was supposed to light a fire under Sanchez but it's like having Brunell on the sidelines again. Blowing out the Bills & it's a bad time to bring in Tebow. Blown out by the Niners & it's a bad time to bring in Tebow. Game is close and it's bad time to bring in Tebow. Why the heck was he acquired then?? What's the difference between Tebow & Brunell if Sanchez goes start to finish no matter how bad this offense sucks.

8. jerseyjay14

newsflash, we already hit ground zero.

We are a team that does nothing consistently well and our only elite player is out for the season. our best WR got hurt and is a jackass when healthy. even the biggest sanchez supporters cant believe he will ever be a top 5 player.

we are going to lose to houston no matter who is under center. id prefer to throw tebow/mcleroy in there and see what they can do.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So the short answer you were giving me , "I would rather lose than have Tebow in" which is fair ...you just want to get on with rebuilding...I can accept that. I understand, I might not agree, but I understand.
    Its all kind of depressing, I wanted the jets to do well and for Tebow to help the Jets do well. Keep in mind there is a lot of football left though.

10. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Chaos in the locker room? How is losing 35-3 to the Texans going to affect the locker room? How is Sanchez getting sacked 5 times, throwing 3 INT's, and having a QB Rating in the mid 30's going to affect the locker room?

And what if Tebow plays well? Then we certainly have a legitimate threat to bring into the game during the season rather than a player everybody knows isn't going to do much.

The Jets need to think creatively here, very VERY CREATIVELY... otherwise get ready for an absolutely beatdown in this game. Tim Tebow is a wildcard that Houston isn't practicing for, and Rex should say Mark is going to be the starter right up until gametime. That MIGHT work... maybe... just maybe...

11. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

At least Tebow will bring some fight and life possibly to this Offense, instead of hanging his head and acting like a pussy when he gets hit. I agree hes not QB material but sanchez is hardly QB material as well. We cant convert on a third down anyway, and our receivers cant get down field so it cant be any worse. But shit the McElroy comparison to Chad is looking pretty damn good right now.

12. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Precisely.

We have nothing to lose here, absolutely nothing, because we're going to lose anyway. A loss is a loss just like a win is a win. But I think Tebow adds a dimension of confusion, and that is the only thing the Jets can rely on in this game... Trick plays, misdirection, and outright CONFUSION.

Tim Tebow gives you that wildcard here, and who knows, maybe he can pull off some of that magic we saw in Denver, and if he can it can only help him trying to get a starting job in the offseason.

13. jerseyjay14

we should be 1-3. we looked awful against a bad dolphins team and got clowned by a great 49ers team.

we are winnign 5-6 games max. no reason not to see what our other 2 qbs can do

14. jerseyjay14

newsflash, our locker room ahs been a divided mess since last season. our #1 WR hates our starting QB. if anything, it might help the lockeroom as tebow is a leader guys can rally around.
    we are a circus. there is nothing to prove.

its the pros. and you put in the guy that gives you the best chance to compete given circumstances. and right now, sanchez isnt that guy

15. jerseyjay14

did you miss the playoff game before when he threw for 300+ yards on a top rnaked steelers defense with a game winning TD in overtime?

:rofl:

16. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

It might be the best thing for Sanchez not to start him, because if you put him in there this week without Holmes, probably Hill, a banged up Keller, no running game, and he WILL fail... and when he does everyone really will be calling for his head on a stick.

This is a no-win situation for Sanchez here, all it's going to do is reinforce the belief that the Jets should bench him permanently. By not playing him, he can't fail. If anybody is going to fail against a team like Houston let it be Tebow, but there's always the chance that he won't fail, and if he doesn't at least it will be a game or maybe even a miracle win, which everybody knows he's known for.

Let's do it Jets, we've got to try something unexpected and this is all we've got.

17. jerseyjay14

this is simply hogwash.

what future? this team is in rebuild/retool mode as is. we need to replace 2-3 of our linebackers. not just for skill, their contracts dont make sense to keep around.

our running game needs to be totally revamped. we need a #1 back and some pieces as far as TE's and reserves to help in big packages.

we need a wideout and or a gamebreaker in general. someone established.

our dline needs time and maybe another piece

we need a pass rusher.

and love sanchez or not, he isnt a guy like rodgers/manning/brady/brees/eli who is going to make average guys look great. and we are 2-3 years of great general managing before putting a ravens or texans like cast around sanchez.

tebow coming in and sucking does nothing for our future other then maybe speeding up the process to move on from this team. which may be a blessing

18. jerseyjay14

ill take 50% completions with those 50% including alot of big game breaking plays mixed in with some big runs

vs.

55% completions with few big plays and more tunrovers

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

That is the funny part if anything they should have put tebow in just for the end of the niners game to light a fire under Sanchez's ass. Babying him hasnt worked.

20. jerseyjay14

Ask yourself how parcells would handle this situation. he certainly wouldnt coddle sanchez. in fact, bringing in tebow, just to fuck with sanchez is a classic parcells move. he wanted to know if his qb had the makeup. and if sanchez coudlnt handle tebow vying for his job, he wouldnt want sanchez anyway.

parecells is smart. he knows that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is lunacy.

he'd be ripping sanchez every week in press conferences like he did with terry glenn, bledsoe, and simms.

and if he was coach this week, he'd start sanchez, with mcleroy and tebow ready to take over the second sanchez falters.