Epps Injury Tebow's Fault?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It's amazing how some of the articles today are blaming Tebow for the injury to Epps. It's dangerous to go down the middle in the NFL, but 999 times out of 1000, it's just a tackle with no injury. That's the play that was called and Tebow/Epps executed it. It's unfortunate that Epps was injured, but blaming Tebow for it is a low-blow. The placement of the hit by the defender caused the injury, but with the NFL fining guys for hitting high, this is the kind of thing we will see a lot of.

2. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Absolutely not Tebow's fault

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No question in my mind either JaxSuzy. I lived in St. Augustine for a few years, BTW. Spent a lot of time in Jax.

4. Remarker

Remarker Banned

If anything it was a dumb play call which rests on the HC/OC shoulders. Tim, like others players, plays the play taught to and given to them.

However, it seems to me that this incident is starting to beg the question, 'Does Tony's play calling put players at risk'?

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's a tight end play, the tight end is not running right to left across the middle. He's drifting straight down the seam, and pretty much holding up for the throw. The defender wasn't even behind him, he came over diagonally and dived right at his knee.

You can't "protect" your tight end from that by not throwing it. You drill it in there, get the first down, and the tight end is going to get hit. Happens all the time.

6. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Maybe the guy shouldn't have tackled him at his knees.

7. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

That could happen to any receiver on a pass from any qb. Especially now that the league is fining players for hitting a defenseless receiver up high. Players won't get fined for going low right now. The receiver is still defenseless, but the NFL is so paranoid about concussions over any other injury. So we're gonna see guys get hit low around the legs.

8. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

Absolutely not! I think its the NFL's fault, they have to hit low now. It was the defenders fault, Not Tebows!

9. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Lets blame Sanchez for destroying Holmes's foot while we're at it. If that ball wasn't throw so low, Holmes would be fine. :eyeroll:

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

It definitely could have happened to anyone, but it didn't help that Tebow telegraphed the throw as soon as Epps broke off the line. Goldson saw that pass coming from a week away.

11. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Holmes may be faking his injury to avoid getting a career ending enjury from trying to catch Mark's shitty throws. Ever think of that?

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Brilliant strategy by Goldson to not cover Epps, allow him to get open, allow the pass to be completed for a FIRST DOWN, and then hit him low in the knee and make him fumble.

Yeah, Tebow really "telegraphed" that pass. :rofl:

13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, it's hard to believe the shit some peeps come up with. Some Jets fans are more creative than the most space cadet Bronco fans.

14. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

That was a nice spiral by the way!Tebows spirals are nicer than Manneggs, Peyton is throwing wobbilers. :)

15. phaytal

phaytal New Member

First off, Goldson is a free safety. He doesn't cover anyone until they breach the secondary. He was not covering Epps. Thats not his job. The fact that he made the hit 5 yards from the line of scrimmage means he saw the pass coming from at least 15 yards deep.

Second, if you watch the replay, Tebow stares down Epps just after he fakes the end-around. It is pretty obvious.

Pro-tip: If a free safety arrives at the receiver at the same time as the pass does, 5 yards from the line of scrimmage, he saw it from a week away.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Pro-tip -- that's a bang-bang play, where you try to collapse the line with a fake run forward, and quickly hit it if it's there, bail on it if it's covered.

There's not a lot of passage of time going on there -- he has to look and read whether it's covered.

IT WAS OPEN. This is tackle football.

17. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Right. Like Tony's Tim plays aren't predictable. Besides, giving value to what a troll Broncos fan says is probably NOT a smart thing for Jets fans to do. I don't claim to be smart and I may be some dumb, but I'm not plum dumb.

#17 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  18. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Settle down before you have an aneurysm. I didn't say Epps' injury was Tebow's fault. I said it could have happened to anyone. I also said Tebow could have done a better job disguising the throw to Epps, instead of staring him down.

Relax.

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm relaxed, troll. Don't flatter yourself.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

who the hell cares, Epps is terrible either way