Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

ok pilgrim, but just because its an honest opinion doesn't mean its a respectable one. The Jets are just going to jump over their #2 to put in the #3? Has that ever even been done in the history of the game? My reaction was a lil harsh, but the name of the forum is Tebowmania.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be surprising. Is this the first time a #2 QB on the depth chart is the PP, plays FB/TE at times? Who knows at this point.

3. reverseapachemaster

I'd rather see the bench play under center than Tebow.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

For the people who are nuts to think Tebow in and Sanchez out magically will make the Jets rise, you are fooling yourselves

1) Who on this roster can replicate what Von Miller and that Broncos pass rush brought?
    2) Nick Folk's a nice kicker.....even a pretty good one but he's not knocking 55+ yard FGs to save the day like Matt Prater did
    3) Nobody on this roster named Willis Mcgahee.....sorry. Our running game is night and day next to what Denver had/has
    4) Decker and Thomas are just better options than what we have, especially if Holmes is gone
    5) Tebow caught teams in a surprise but with film out now on him, its not going to be as easy or magical as he had it last year

I like Tebow's character, was fine with the deal in the end as a wildcat QB but its a different, MUCH different scenario with Tebow last year in DEN and this year in NYJ. The Jets are a far inferior team than Denver last year and not Sanchez, Not Tebow, Not McElroy(Not many QBs in fact) can succeed with what the team has on offense right now.

5. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I'm pretty &*$#ing tired of this line of thought. Yea, lets just throw Tebow out there again, midseason, with no plan, it'll be great. I mean, if he failed being thrown in mid stream he'd get another shot right? :eye roll:

The jets have shown how great they are at putting Tebow in positions to succeed.

:eyeroll:

6. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Yep, that pretty much sums up how I feel about the tone of this conversation tonight.
    :drunk:

7. Slap

Slap New Member

Man, talk about opening Pandora's box. Once Jets' management gives the Teboners that foot in the door, things will never be the same. I hope they're ready to have all non-Tebow elements of the team scapegoated in defeat, marginalized in victory and second-guessed continuously. If you thought Tebow fan(atic)s were insufferable before, just wait for what comes next. Can't say they didn't ask for it, though.

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

All NFL players are cream of the crop. It's a funny thing that their talent can only be noticed when the team is winning games.
    The real problem I think is the coaching staff. They don't have necessary knowledge and hearts to use Tebow's strength. It's kind of sad when every team starts to mix college spread offense into their game plans, while arguably the best spread offense QB is used as a punt protector.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I don't get your line of thinking. I am estimating here, but most of the "real" Jets fans who have been with this team pre-Tebow are of the mindset that anyone but Tebow is a better option... even McElroy. Even in the face of a complete meltdown, they still defend Sanchez. To me, it seems more like pride keeping them going at this point. They don't want to admit there is even a QB controversy, but there has been one since the day Tebow arrived. Tebow's upside is much greater than Sanchez's, IMO, and I think that if The Jets look this bad for another 2-3 weeks, it's time to look at starting Tebow.

Once again, though, Tebow would be coming into a situation that is less than ideal and expected to turn things around. I believe he is a winner, but that is a lot to ask of Aaron Rodgers, let alone Tim Tebow. The Jets are a mess right now, and the injuries are not helping at all.

I do feel a little bit bad for Sanchez, because he has been the epitome of class in the way he handled Tebow's acquisition. Definitely has much better attitude than Kyle Orton.

I'd like to be on record saying that I do not think Tebow is the answer to the Jets problems. He may be a piece of it, but this team needs a whole lot more than a QB change.

10. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Repost from another thread.

If a QB puts his recievers at risk by throwing a significant percentage of bad passes, the effort level of his recievers deminishes (injuries could end their careers) as well as the effort level of the OL (their hard work isn't paying off), thereby deminishing the effectiveness of running backs. Additionally, if making reads and throwing is all that QB can do and his play action decisions are weak then the defense stays on the field so long their effectiveness is deminished because of fatigue and the likelyhood of injuries increases.

If a QB's confidence is not built on a foundation of the ability to perform well and/or that QB isn't willing to battle as hard or harder than his teammates, his teammates sense it and their performance is deminished.

If a pro football team has invested a large amount of money in their #1 QB and that QB is not effective, the team is at risk of lossing a lot of money unless that QB's numbers can be padded to facilitate as good a deal as is possible at the most advantageous time. If that QB is not good enough to even get his numbers padded, that football team will endure losses to no avail.
    ---------
    Draw your own conclusions as to how this applies to the Jets. My conclusions are in my signature.

For the record, I think the Jets' players are good enough to avoid embarrassing themselves,,,again, with 1 exception. The Jets' HC and OC? Not so much. After all, the HC and OC are the personel and play deciders.

#70 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Care to offer any proof of this? It's all in your head .

It's an argument made up by you that you will then argue against, it's not based on any reality .

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not mark's fault we can't protect, can't run and can't get open.

13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

The same thing can be said about you and people that think like you, probably including Rex and Tony. Types like you are insufferable. Obviously your side is winning as they won in Denver. It's like teams would rather lose than give Tim a chance. Probably, like Denver, the Jets will now go for a high draft pick rather than supporting a QB that probably would win games, create excitement, sell seats and mdse, and get loads of media attention(free publicity). Go figure.

14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Agree with him or not, Elway has a vision about what kind of team he wants. He makes tough decisions in order to move the franchise towards his vision. That's 100 times better than what Jets FO is doing. They don't have a plan for Tebow. They wasted a precious draft pick for something they don't need. It's a freaking bad situation for all people evolved including Tebow homers and haters.

15. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I saw more than a few wide open players and Sanchez had more than enough time most plays yesterday.

16. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Did I say throw him out there with "no plan"? No I didn't.

What else do the Jets have to lose right now by playing Tebow? Let's roll the dice.

17. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Right or wrong, Woody wanted Tim, Rex didn't.

The question begged is, what now?

I say Woody needs to read Rex the riot act so Rex will start playing Tim. At the very least the Jets will get more media attention (free publicity), sell seats (Moms, wives, girlfriends, and kids love Tim) and mdse., have a QB that plays HARDER than his teammates and leaves it ALL on the field, will not embarrass his team, and probably get more wins than anyone expects.

Oh yeah, Woody needs to get a OC that knows how to get the best out of Tim. Dan Mullen (OC for the Gators' 2006 NC win), the HC of Miss. St. comes to mind. Adozio (sic) sucked, even though the Gators got the 2009 NC win.

Losing money because of Mark's falling value is unavoidable. Padding Mark's stats to improve his value doesn't seem to be working.

Shutting up Tim haters will NOT happen.

#77 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  18. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I agree. Yesterday was not all on Mark Sanchez. Nobody really helped him much.

19. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I agree but without a leader that a team will play hard for, you get a team not playing hard.

Who would you play hardest for, a QB like Mark or a QB like Tim? This is a rhetorical question mostly for people other than you. I know you to be a Tim fan while at the same time accepting Mark's status as the Jets starting QB.

20. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

HERE WE GO!!! Hold on for a WILD RIDE! :)