What options at QB are there for '13?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayMike, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

RG3 played in the Big 12 and was the #2 pick, I think Geno is a more natural QB than Griffin and Geno is very close to Oliver Luck(Andrew's dad, who's the AD at WVU and a former QB) along with an excellent staff

I know people will says its his system

Yes- but he makes the right reads and right plays

Put him with a coaching staff to simplify things and allow him to be himself

Shanahan did this with RG3, he took his run the ball mentality and mixed it with some wide open, spread formations and look at Washington

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

no, he's not. and, you stated exactly the reason amongst many others why tannybum needs to be fired yesterday.:drunk:

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I say cut Sanchez and eat the penalty its not like we're close to contenders, we're at least 3 years away

4. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

And if he can't turn it around by his 5th season, we have to see of he can in his sixth. But if not in his fifth season, we have to see if he can reach his potential somewhere between his 7-10th year in the league.

I mean come on he skipped his senior year in college, we have to allow an extra 5-6 years for him to develop in the nfl because of that.

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

It is true he has no running game, but couldn't you argue that this is a cyclical argument? In other words: no running game makes it harder to pass because defenses can play the pass more. Conversely, Sanchez's absurdly bad passing game would also allow
    D's to cheat the run. The thing is if Sanchez could just complete some friggin passes then teams couldn't cheat against the run and this should open the run, which would open the pass. So it becomes a basic cyclical argument (although I might not be expressing it well).

At the end of the day the offense--read Sanchez--has to break open opposing defenses and they can't. We have a crappy offense, which was readily apparent in the preseason. We looked wonderful for one game against the Bills, but Jets fans forget that in recent years we have had their numbers. Perhaps we just match up really well against them. Whatever the reason, it is becoming clear that whatever other wins we get are likely to be the ugly kind like against the Fins and more than likely we are going to spend the rest of the season getting our asses handed to us.

I am so looking forward to a great draft pick!

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

5 seasons is suffient enough.

7. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

I was a big Sanchez supporter and I must admit this isn't all his fault but he's playing bad, no way around it. I'm losing faith in him quickly.

However, why does anybody think McElroy will be any good as a starter? You fools remind me of the dopes calling for Brett Ratliff to be our starter in '09(?).

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Matt Barkley.

Yeah he's another USC QB. I don't care.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S2

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

It's gonna be Sanchez unless this team loses the next 12 games.

I want Geno Smith, but that's probably not happening.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I will happen Woody wont take anything else

we're gonna get Geno just like Washington got RG3 by any means, we're the Redskins of the AFC

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He has played one game in the Big 12.

Have you ever actually seen Smith play?

12. Mason

Mason New Member

That's just not true at all. Sanchez has been money in the playoffs.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

yes there is. he will not be playing much longer if he continues to STB like he did yesterday. There is simply no way that any fanbase or organization will tolerate the level of incompetence Sanchez demonstrated in yesterday's meltdown. Benching him for Tebow and Mcelroy would be far better than to let this disaster continue. He can't complete a forward pass.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They might as well, it's better than drafting another Gholsten or Wilson with it.

15. Ted

Ted Member

He is living off a handful of nice plays he made in the playoffs. Other then those plays, his performances were not spectacular.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He really is a disaster..he hold the ball for 5 seconds or until he is sacked or hit and fumbles and the whole time he is staring down the one and only receiver he might throw it to. Plus it gets worse every week.

17. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

He's played in the god awful Big East, lit up a putrid Clemson defense in the Orange Bowl. Let's not act like he's Cam Newton.

18. savateur

savateur New Member

Sanchez is terrible, please bench him, give everyone else a chance, please, i mean....please !!!!!!

19. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Postseason Gamelog:

2009:
    Wild Card @ Cincinnati: 12-15, 182 yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs 139.4 passer rating
    Divisional @ San Diego: 12-23, 100 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 60.1 passer rating
    Championship @ Indianapolis: 17-30, 257 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 93.3 passer rating

2010:
    Wild Card @ Indianapolis: 18-31, 189 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 62.4 passer rating
    Divisional @ New England: 16-25, 194 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 127.3 passer rating
    Championship @ Pittsburgh: 20-33, 233 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 102.2 passer rating

Total: 95-157, 60.5%, 1155 yds, 7.36 YPA, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 passer rating.

All on the road. Most QBs would kill for these numbers. The Jets would have made back to back SBs if the defense didn't fail in the conference title games.

20. Ted

Ted Member

Again, he made some nice plays in critical games but he is living off of that and the fact that the cap hit is huge. (Almost 5 million if he is cut after this season in dead money I believe). Considering he had the #1 defense and #3 rushing attack, I would expect he could make some plays.