Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Preach brother, PREACH!!!!

2. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Uh... what would Parcells do? Didn't he bench Phil Simms? Sanchez cannot win here... He can't win. There's no point putting him in there just to get destroyed and humiliated because he has no one to throw to. Tebow on the other hand doesn't necessarily need everything to be perfect around him, he'll still make something happen. He's a much better option for this game. Your attachment for Sanchez is clouding your ability to see the logic of benching him for this game I'm sorry to say.

3. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Do you know what you have to be to be a successful headcoach in the NFL? You have to be Mr. Spock, you have to be LOGICAL at all times. You have to have no emotions. You have to be strictly logical in everything you do or you are going to lose.

Spock would start Tebow in this game... You can quote me on that.

[​IMG]

4. Darrelle24Revis

Darrelle24Revis Active Member

You seem to ignore 95% of everything that i'm saying! Once Tebow gets his first start it will do nothing put put question marks all over our locker room, possibly divide it and prove to the WHOLE NATION on MNF that we REALLY are a circus! This isn't High School or College where you bench the "leader" of your team for having a couple of bad games.

5. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

I wish they would throw Teabow in just so all the Teabow homers would STFU when they see him get stomped worse then Sanchez because he's not a real QB.

6. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

You don't think our locker room is full of questions right now anyway? You really think these guys think Sanchez is the man for the job in this upcoming game? Well I have news for you, they don't. They want Tebow to start this game too they just aren't saying it.

Logic sir, pure logic. That's the only thing that should guide your decisions in life, not emotions. Parcells benched Simms because it made logical sense to do so. Starting Tebow is logical right now. If you think about it a while you'll see it makes perfect sense and is the only chance the Jets have to win this game.

7. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Unless of course he actually does better than Sanchez because having no bigtime WR's doesn't affect him as much as Sanchez.

8. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Tim Tebow is our only hope. With Mark Sanchez, we have NO hope

9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

No Dustin Keller, no Stephen Hill, and no Holmes for the 4th Quarter. How can you explain the urgency to replace Sanchez when his worst game occurred when he had the least offensive weapons in the league this Sunday against the league's best defense?

10. Darrelle24Revis

You seem to have all the answers huh?! even tho your CLEARLY contradicting yourself by saying your not making decisions by emotions but better yet logic.. how is that so when it's JUST week 5.. AND you just KNOW that the team doesn't want Sanchez to start. You should be a Beat Writer... BUT WELL GUESS WHAT.. I HAVE SOME FUCKING GREAT NEWS FOR YOU.. I'm sorry but football is a TEAM sport! We looked SLOPPY in ALL 3 phases of the game! I can tell people like you NEVER played organized football! Yes, our QB did play a terrible game BUT did you see the WR run their routes??? It's shameful!! As a WR your supposed to take PRIDE in beating the guy in FRONT of you ALL day!! Your taught from DAY 1 to ATTACK the ball! Don't let it come to you! We can't get any separation to SAVE our lives!!! TEBOW WON'T CHANGE THAT!!!

11. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

A headcoaches job is to win games, not worry if he's hurting a players feelings or not. None of the Hall of Fame coaches you can name ever gave a damn about hurting a players feelings. Parcells and Belichick could care less if your feelings were hurt by their decisions. They do the stone cold logical thing, regardless of feelings, regardless of emotions.

If Rex Ryan wants to hang around as headcoach in this league for any length of time he'll be the same way, and the logical thing in this game is to start Tebow.

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If there is one more game where we look pathetic as we have been in these last 10 quarters, Rex need to start benching people, and Sanchez is not the only one, im talking about David Harris, Calvin Pace, etc. etc.

13. Darrelle24Revis

Did you see TEBOW play against the Pats in the playoffs last year?!

The Texans have MORE offensive weapons to put points on the board AND A HELL OF A LOT BETTER DEFENSE!

PLEASE GO TO SLEEP AND STOP KILLING YOUR BRAIN CELLS.

14. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Well as a matter of fact I have played organized football... I agree with you that our recievers can't get separation, and that is exactly why you want Tebow in there, because Mark Sanchez RELIES ON HIS RECIEVERS TO GET OPEN while Tebow will improvise if they can't.

In other words, Tebow can make something from nothing, while Mark Sanchez requires a number of things to be in place for him to be successful. I'm not blaming Sanchez for anything here, he simply requires what most QB's require, but the Jets just can't give that to him right now, THEY JUST CAN'T... and so the better option is Tebow.

Again, I think you're being very emotional about this, but all emotion is going to do is get you another loss. You've got to be logical here, and logically Mark Sanchez cannot succeed with the talent he has around him in this game. Tebow might not be able to either, but he's got a better shot at doing so than Sanchez. Hence, start Tebow.

15. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

I'd rather have Brad Smith back and start him over any of these clowns.

16. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

The Jets are telling Sanchez "Go in the kitchen and bake a cake, but we're not giving you eggs, flour, or butter". How the hell is the guy supposed to get the job done without the ingredients he needs to do it?

Tebow on the other hand will find a way to make the cake without eggs, flour, and butter... That's what he did with Denver and that's what he might be able to do against Houston next week too.

17. Remarker

Remarker Banned

If a QB puts his recievers at risk by throwing a significant percentage of bad passes, the effort level of his recievers deminishes (injuries could end their careers) as well as the effort level of the OL (their hard work isn't paying off), thereby deminishing the effectiveness of running backs. Additionally, if making reads and throwing is all that QB can do and his play action decisions are weak then the defense stays on the field so long their effectiveness is deminished because of fatigue and the likelyhood of injuries increases.

If a QB's confidence is not built on a foundation of the ability to perform well and/or that QB isn't willing to battle as hard or harder than his teammates, his teammates sense it and their performance is deminished.

If a pro football team has invested a large amount of money in their #1 QB and that QB is not effective, the team is at risk of lossing a lot of money unless that QB's numbers can be padded to facilitate as good a deal as is possible at the most advantageous time. If that QB is not good enough to even get his numbers padded, that football team will endure losses to no avail.

#57 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its time to give Tebow a shot to see if he can do better than Sanchez. Sanchez has made the decision really easy - he is the worst qb in the NFL.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know what they are going to do but everyone who said the fans would be screaming for Tebow by week 5 knew what they were saying. At this point Ryan is so pissed he doesn't even want to see anybody on this team until Wednesday so that the coaches can meet and decide what changes they are going to make. I guess QB will be at the top of the discussion list. And his comment "we obviously need more from the QB position" was rather telling.

20. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I think BillyGreen is recommending Tebow start for just this 1 game, not forever. Houston is freaking awesome right now, that's the truth, so throwing something unexpected at them might help. I don't think it should be permanent and that's not what Billy is talking about. Interesting strategy.