Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I read there is a shot on then next title update patch, they will include it for offline gamers too. I hope that's true.

Fantasy drafts are awesome. Time to draft RGIII and snag Julio Jones/AJ Green!

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Madden 13 blows madden 12 away. Especially if you liked franchise mode. And if you play online then be happy cause its the least laggy its ever been least from my experience.

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I was playing an online game. With the ball on my own 49 with 3 seconds left in the 1st I threw a hailmary to hill and he caught it. That would have never ever happened last year.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Idk I've thrown several touchdowns to Stephen Hill in Madden NFL 2012.

5. displacedfan

Just created an online franchise with fantasy draft. Fantasy draft becomes even more engrossed with the XP factor. You can draft who you want and then progress them how you want. Also lets me play as RGIII without being the Redskins!

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Championship! So Fantasy Drafts are back officially? Time to Beast!

Btw Stephen Hill after my first year jumped to an 84. Worked on Route Running and Hands. Dude is a beast that gets down the field in a hurry. I'm wondering what would be more enjoyable, continuing the Jets franchise or doing a fantasy draft ...

7. MParty7441

I did a fantasy draft...

I got Revis, then Cam Newton. It's way more fun I think because you can draft players that fit the style you like to play.

8. displacedfan

Yeah you have to do an online connect career, then go to start a league and you can choose fantasy draft.

Yeah. I got Revis and RGIII. Got Mangold also. I use a random NFC team though because it's weird for me having non Jets on the Jets. I'm using the Bears this year

9. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

how can i play as kurt warner?

i can't find him in nfl legends

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ultimate team...you can unlock him there and use him in connected careers or something like that

11. displacedfan

I don't know what happened, maybe I got complacent, but the CPU is now easily beating me in my franchise. Started out 6/7-0 thinking I would need to change the difficulty, then lost 4/7 so now 9-4 all of a sudden. The 3 I won were all FG or less differentials.

Crazy fun, but weird how the CPU stepped it up.

Mark Sanchez on the 49ers (fantasy draft) is the leading Pro Bowl vote getter in the NFL. Cam Newton and Chris Johnson landed on the Vikings with Stevie Johnson. I'm using the Bears, so I get to face that speed x2 a years.

Also the storylines for incoming college players are cool. I scouted some kids with matuarity problems. Gonna snag them late if they drop

12. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Damn, not a big fan of ultimate team hahah
    but thanks man, i'll try

Oh you can have a fantasy draft playing offline too?

13. displacedfan

I did a connected career online, private league, 1 user. I don't know if they updated it for offline, don't think so yet

14. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

oh i didn't think of doing that
    thanks man, i'll try it right now

15. MParty7441

This is what I did as well.

16. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I played an offline career mode to get used to the game (QB), and then just random games, before thinking about playing online, but passing sucks so far. I throw in a fair share of runs (atleast 20 per game), but LBs are always jumping routes. And on defense, I like to stick to being a DT or DE (since most of the times, I can't even see the DBs), but impossible to rush the passer too it seems. I hadn't played Madden since like the 08 one I think (mainly because I didn't get a Ps3 until this year) and there used to be an option where if you pressed X insync with when they snapped the ball, you got a great jump off the line, but now, nothing happens when I do R2 off the line, still get stuffed. And yes, I'm stupid when it comes to Madden now, things are like way more complicated.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

I just started a Fantasy Draft with a couple friends and its WAY funner than the regular teams. With regular teams it gets boring fast, probably because I only use the Jets when I play with friends or ranked. They're pretty much the only team I use and I'm bewaring with then (9-0 ranked). Anyways, I started the Fantasy Draft and got Cam Newton with the first pick then I just started stacking up my team. If ya want BEAST corners pick up Antonio Cromartie and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, I don't know why but they are easily the best two corners in the game, 10x better than Revis. Also got stacked at receiver with Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Justin Blackmon, Dez Bryant, Stephen Hill, A.J Jenkins. I traded the Cruz tho for Patrick Peterson to my friend cus I was soon deep in receiver. Anyways I got a real young team with as many Jets as I could and it's really fun IMO.

18. displacedfan

You have to lead your receiver with the left stick. The worse your QB, the more frustrating to pass.

I play as MLB or S on defense. Find my DL does better when I don't rush. I usually cover the TE since I try to make up for my defense's lack of talent there.

I don't think you can jump the snap

19. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I just hate zone defense, and besides a few routes where I send the RB on a wheel route, and pump fake the other side, I can't get anyone consistently open. I tried leading, but then some CB or LB from the other side (the side I'm trying to lead away from the defender) jumps the route. So far I've just stuck with the Jets, but just gets super annoying, when you put together a long drive, only to get inside the 40, and have passes routinely picked off. The worst is when the play you called has developed exactly like you want, with say a WR running a go and slant route over the middle, and as soon as you throw it, the MLB decides he's superman and jumps 10 feet in the air to catch it. I think I'm just going to start playing people online. I really wanted to atleast have some hold on the offense and defense down before playing, but this gets frustrating. And the only good thing about the Jets offense is Stephen Hill.

I tend to just stick to the DL line, mainly because I suck at coverage in video games. My eyes avert too much towards the QB, that I lose the TE or WR, so I figure might as well just stay at DT, and see if I can get away.

I should do a fantasy draft I guess, really need a better QB.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Andrew Luck might be my favorite QB in Madden history. Dude has insane accuracy and strength for his first year. I did a fantasy team and got Revis, Eric Berry, Luck, M. Wallace and Hernandez. Awesome group of players. I use the Steelers playbook and it's also fantastic.