Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

The Jets are on a collision course for total destruction in this game. They CANNOT come out and run the same impotent offensive nonsense they tried against the 49er's or they are going to get obliterated.

The answer is to start Tebow for this game. Houston won't be preparing for that possibility, and who knows what might happen if Tebow can somehow confuse the Texans D enough to make this game at least respectable. We won't have Holmes and who knows what the deal with Hill is, so Sanchez won't have a chance here anyway.

Stick Tebow in there and let it rip. We have nothing to lose. Maybe, just maybe, if the Texans are confused enough we might get out of this thing looking like we don't completely suck and/or might even eek out a win. What the hell do we have to lose by trying?

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Yeah that what we need more 3 and outs.

3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Is there a reason why we shouldn't give McElroy a shot?

4. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Dude that's all you're gonna get anyway. That and probably 5 or 6 Sanchez sacks plus 3 INT's and no points again. This is CERTAIN to happen...

You wanna see that? I don't wanna see that, do you?

5. Darrelle24Revis

Darrelle24Revis Active Member

answer this...what happens if it doesn't work??

6. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

NO! None that I can see.

7. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

If it doesn't work we get obliterated...

In other words, same result. Therefore we have nothing to lose by trying.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

This will be a do or die game for Mark Sanchez, he needs to at least play well enough to win, if he dosn't the entire nation, ESPN, SNY, will call for his benching.

9. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Like the fact that he's shown to have command of Sporano's offense and that he doesn't get flustered like Mark when he gets flushed out of the pocket?

10. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

Tebow isn't an NFL calibre QB. If Sanchez sits it has to be McElroy. Nothing is happening till mid season though. The Jets aren't giving up on Sanchez for at least another 4 games if not more. The grim reality is Sanchez is our best QB. Just like Greene is our best RB, Holmes is our best WR..I can go on and on. We have a much bigger problem and that is all I care about being addressed..a new GM once the season is over.

11. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

No, no see... uh... this isn't even a "do game" for Mark Sanchez, it's just a "DIE GAME" for him. He can't win here, understand? He's gonna get destroyed, embarrassed, picked off, sacked, hurried, chased, and probably put in the hospital.

Mark Sanchez cannot prove himself in this game, he can only be destroyed. He has no chance at all, NONE!

Therefore start Tebow and let it ride.

12. Darrelle24Revis

THIS

Is EXACTLY why I hate coming on this website at times! Your SERIOUSLY saying "lets stick Tebow in there n see if we can luck out with a win since the Texans aren't going to prepare for him to start." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! What happens when we look even WORSE?? ALL that will do is remind everybody why Tebow ISN'T an NFL caliber QB and fuck up Sanchez's confidence even more. Than BOOM!!! WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! WE REALLY HIT GROUND ZERO! Think with logic before you post!! People like you must like to have the label "circus."

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am all for it! However, I would give the ball boy snaps with the 1's at this point.

14. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I totally disagree with you... Mark Sanchez is not a better quarterback for the Jets at this particular time. If he had everything he needed to be a good quarterback (line, recievers, rb's, wr's, ect, ect, ect...) he COULD BE the best quarterback option for the Jets, but being that this is not the case he is NOT.

Tebow can run the ball with some degree of authority. Sanchez can't do that. And regardless of what people say he actually CAN throw the ball.

It's pretty obvious that the Jets with Tebow stand a better chance than the Jets with Sanchez in this particular game. Sanchez is just going to get the same rough treatment he did against San Francisco, and none of us really want to see that again do we?

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

But what if he does play well? He can surprise people when there is little expected from him (Patriot playoff game?)

16. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

Tebow is a phenomenal athlete. His throwing accuracy is as good as my 4yr old boy though. I agree for Houston he might be the better play but this isn't college and the offense can't keep swinging between QB's. If Sanchez gets replaced he is pretty much done in NY outside of an injury.

The simple truth is the Jets are down on talent at the skilled positions and without a legit running game the team won't pass well regardless of the QB.

17. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Sanchez confidence? WHAT??? Are you kidding me? CONFIDENCE? Sanchez doesn't have any confidence anymore, none what so ever! And I have news for you, he doesn't want to be your quarterback anymore either. That kid probably just wants to get this season over with and see if he can hook up with another team in the offseason.

And as far as the Jets looking worse goes, how can this team look any worse than they did yesterday? HOW??? Dude, we have ALREADY hit ground zero okay? ALREADY HIT IT!

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by starting Tebow in this game. Sanchez cannot win here... CANNOT WIN! He'll only be humilitated again, you wanna see that? Really, do you?

18. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

That is not gonna happen. I can tell you straight up, that is NOT gonna happen...

How can he do better without Holmes? HOW? He's got nobody to throw to, NOBODY! He's a sitting duck back there, okay? The Jets won't run the ball against Houston either, so what's left? Only one thing...

Tim Tebow.

19. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

The Jets have no running game and no WRs. This is NOT ON SANCHEZ! Christ Almighty, people. What the hell do you expect of him?

20. Darrelle24Revis

dude, were 2-2 and on TOP of the division..how in the HELL are we at ground zero..you seriously need to go to sleep..oh, and while your trying to sleep. PLEASE think of an offensive THREAT that we have that scares opposing defenses.. Football is a TEAM SPORT. Get familiar.. It's always easy to blame the QB