What options at QB are there for '13?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayMike, Sep 30, 2012.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Yay - the second coming of pennington. Except he's not as smart.

2. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

I understand what you are saying but what NFL QB does not throw for 200 yards in a game regardless of his wideouts? We were in the game today until the "Sanchez show." I have a vested interest in Mark as he is OUR QB but at this point, I throw the white flag. Look around the league, rookies put up numbers Mark can't reach, end of story. It is true he has no running game but he is not what the Jets expected him to be. I am not for letting go of Rex but we need a QB going into camp. This can be be via draft, FA, or trade but it it time to make the move.

3. Section316

Section316 Active Member

I see no way woody takes that financial loss. And secondly, I think the idea is silly. If Sanchez isn't the answer after his contract is no longer guaranteed, you move on. But to sit a guy making gigantic coin on the pine, a guy who you spent a #5 overall pick on, and a guy that has already had major success in this league makes no sense. He sucked today. He was atrocious. Right now he is playing in one of the least talented offenses in the NFL. He has no receivers, tight ends, or running game. And he blew. Is McElroy or Teblow going to do any better with these idiots?

4. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

Jets post game on SNY was really telling, they broke down tape and it wasn't the protection, it was him...all him. Either missing open receivers, not going thru his progressions, overthrowing, etc. I'm officially over him....time to start over

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

and take on a substantial contract for a guy who literally has done nothing in his career...

totally makes sense

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Tebow time will limit any financial impact Woody is worried about. If you think Sanchez is going to go out there week to week with his 50% completion %, ridiculous INT's and fumbles, sub 200 yard games where he appears to quit on the team and sulk while Tebow who for some reason has a huge national following sits on the bench you're nuts. If Sanchez continues to play how he has since the 2nd quarter of the Pitt game it will be Tebow time in NY. I don't want Tebow time, I would rather give McElroy a shot but I'm a realist, Tebow will start in NY this year, Sanchez is making the decision way too easy.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The difference between Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez is that Alex had two season ending injuries, so it wasn't like Alex was playing 6 straight seasons before he had his break out 2011 season.

Mark has never missed a game from my knowledge, so 5 seasons is reasonable. Then we have to go to McElroy and if he doesn't pan out then we turn to the draft.

8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has pissed me off, but I have to agree with you. It makes no sense to put him on the bench with the kind of money he is making. We can't cut him until after next season for cap reasons. If he is still under-performing after next season, cut him or trade him. It may be a tough couple of seasons if he doesn't pan out though....

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Geno Smith isn't going to be anything special. The Big 12 plays zero defense

10. b.reyes16

I don't think it is realistic to think he will play every game like he did today. He was facing what most think is the best defense in the league. We will see though....

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If he plays as well as Pennington did in his best years then I'll take that over what I'm seeing from Mark Sanchez.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

really? he won a national championship at alabama! what did chad win at marshall?

how do you know mcelroy isn't smart until he has a real chance to play?

it's not like he's going to replace einstein or unitas at qb....:rofl:

13. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

HE took, or the #1 Defense/#3 running game took? I think what you meant to say is, inspite of Sanchez, THE TEAM went to 2 AFCCG's

14. b.reyes16

I can't agree here. IMO, he is he best QB prospect coming out. I don't give a shit about Matt Barkley, he is going to bust hard. You should play well when you go to a school that gives you two top 5 picks in their respected drafts to throw to.

15. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

McElroy is smart as hell, he aced the wunderlic...

16. RevisIsland10

RevisIsland10 Member

Sucks that this year seems to be a weak year to draft a qb....no lucks or RG3s in this draft.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well, he's sadly stuck on the team until 2014. Thanks to Tanny, he extended his contract to create cap room for no one and guaranteed his contract next year.

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but I remember reading that the contract had no effects if he were cut after this season, that it just shifted cap room.

Sanchez Contract Info--see points 4 and 5

#38 SienaSaints, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

THIS.

I can't stand this site after a loss or a come from behind win.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

RG3 looks like he's gonna suck. Too bad he played in the big 12.

Have you seen Geno Smith play? Sanchez probably couldn't go 45 for 51 on air.