Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

After watching the Broncos last year, Kyle Orton got benched, along with Von Miller and many other players during the Chargers game because Fox wanted to make a statement. I think Rex needs to consider doing the same.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

i say do it, we should of played him the last 8 min of the 4th , i mean why not we had nothing to lose and Sanchez could of gotten injured, the 49ers looked like the team Rex want's us to be the team we were in his 1st year as head coach when we had talent

3. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Last year Tebow had some pretty good receivers to throw to. I'm not so sure he'd be able to get us to the playoffs with the runningbacks and receivers we have. I do feel like he couldn't possibly play worse than Sanchez at this point. The coaching staff is still determined to keep Sanchez starting. Houston might be the feather that breaks the camel's back with Sanchez. This is coming from a former Sanchez supporter.

4. reverseapachemaster

Losing to arguably the best team in the AFC is proof Sanchez sucks?

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Whut?

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They won't start him..Tannenbaum is probably already out of a job when the year is over, starting Tebow would only guarantee it.

7. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

There's nothing wrong with losing to a team. It's the manner in which you lose that tells a better story. If Sanchez plays a good game against Houston and still loses, I can see him continue to start. But if he plays like recent history suggests, I'm not sure how much longer he's going to be able to retain that starter position.

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Are you joking, right? They had Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Eddie Royal. Their best WR Brandon Lloyd was traded for a pizza in order to guarantee a high draft pick.

9. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

I'll take that crops of receivers over our current Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens, Dustin Keller. Santonio Holmes would be a difference maker for Tebow, but he's not coming back any time soon.

10. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

At this time last year DT had about as much going for him as Hill does. No one knew he could play until after they threw TT at him. Who says Hill couldn't do the same.

11. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!

Win-Win? Sanchez gets benched "so he can't get hurt"

You might as well considering he's playing worse than most of the rookie starters. But hey, don't let facts cloud your opinion.

12. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Tebow fan here. In all fairness, we can't put all that on Sanchez today. Too many things went wrong. So not all that is on Mark. But making a change with Tebow starting could jumpstart this team like it did last year in Denver. And give the Jets a new smashmouth identity. I am biased, so I'd love to see Tebow start now.

13. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Glad to see there are Tebow fans out there that can speak objectively on the matter. I think it would be ok to say for one game that it isn't all on the QB. But this is Sanchez' 3rd straight game below 50% passing. If it happens 1 more time, I really don't see how the coaching staff can justify leaving a QB with at least some history of success on the bench. Some sort of change needs to be made.

14. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

you mean the same DT that has 310 yards already and 2td's or the Decker that has 291 and a TD in 4 games? (including stats so far today) those two? Hmm I wonder how good those stats will be at the end if the year.

WR's dont make the QB great the QB makes the WR great. Tebow isnt a good qb therefore his WR dont look great. Manning is a HOF'er and possibly the best qb ever and his WR have looked world class through out his career.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think Tebow could turn this around (this team is pretty bad). And he's not a developmental prospect of the Jets (like a draft pick of theirs), so there's no "sooner or later" argument to be made.

They should make the change in the offseason if they want to make a change, with a real chance to change the offensive scheme and personnel.

16. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Thanks. I think you'd find that there are a lot of sensible Tebow fans in this forum. Most are good to discuss, debate with. As for everything else you said, I think that's a very reasonable opinion. The confidence and momentum of this team may be down. Sometimes things need to be changed and shaken up a bit.

#36 John Chisum, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Stafford makes Megatron look great? Kolb makes Fitzgerald look great? Ponder makes Harvin look great?

18. stephenpe

stephenpe New Member

What little I have seen of the Jets offense I did not see any kind of viable running game and a poor WR play. Tough for Sanchez to perform in that setting. That said this is what TT will bring to an offense. He can escape the rush, he will inspire his team mates to play harder and better because he will leave nothing on the field. They will see that he actually gives a sh#t about the game and wants to win. It sort of becomes infectious as we saw at Denver last year. Some people are winners. He is one of them. People will follow a winner.'

19. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

And this is the perfect example of a bullshit post.

Demo, cowboy, et al... this is the crap we are talking about.

20. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Well said.