2012 Week 4 - New York Jets vs. San Francisco 49'ers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 23, 2012.

1. McFreek

McFreek New Member

This

/filler

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

HAve you seen our defense this year? Aside from the first 2 quarters of the season its looked like garbage... and now we dont have Revis.

3. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Agree with the OP... they win and the world hops on their dick for the MNF game vs the Texans

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I like the optimism and I hope you're right. Personally I don't think you are, and I'm no darksider. If we can win it then even with a loss to the Texans and the Pats we could still go into bye week at 5-3 with wins against the Colts and Phins. Even 4-4 wouldn't be so bad seeing as our last 8 have some easier opponents.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cant wait!!!!

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No Hill Sunday hurts too. Could be an uphill battle the Jets won't be able to overcome. I still have faith though. Looks like Keller will be back.

7. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Assuming the run defense can find themselves (they haven't yet this year), they could be ok. Gore is a runningback that the Jets seem more adept to handle, someone stronger between the tackles. The slashers normally give the older LB's fits. Jets could use a spark from special teams for an extra boost. I can't see it being more than a 20-16 game or so.

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will win this game.

The 49ers are a solid defensive club, but their offense is just average. They have been on the road since Saturday, spending this week in Ohio. That will take a toll on a team -- not having its own facilities and routine.

My 3 keys are simple:

1. STOP THE RUN. It was supposed to be the strength of the team.

2. STOP VERNON DAVIS. Bracket him on every play. He is their biggest threat on offense.

3. SPREAD IT OUT. I don't think Powell and Greene can shred this D. Their linebackers are great against the run but not as special in coverage. Get favorable matchups with our RBs and TEs against LBs.

Jets 19
    SF 17

9. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Sadly I think we'll lose this game. No Revis, plus we suck vs TE's and Vernon Davis is an elite one. I'm praying I'm wrong though, and the Jets get a big home win and move to 3-1.

10. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

is Hill definitely out this weekend? hoping we have Keller back at least.

Schillens lining up opposite of Holmes is a scary thought. If Holmes is our only legitimate threat this weekend, 49ers secondary are going to eat us alive...

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

man u folks are delirious. jets may be in the game but i would be shocked if they won.

its a terrible matchup for the jets, in particular, vernon davis.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I agree that V. Davis is a bad matchup for any team. But the 49ers themselves aren't anything special on offense.

A team like Green Bay or New England that can score at will would be terrible matchups for the Jets. This game could very well be a one possession game in the 4th quarter.

13. BookEndTackles 72&79

A couple of interesting things to come out of this article.

1. Interesting to see where Sanchez ranks in throwing the ball down the field. Last year Schotty had very few attempts downfield.

2. San Francisco's passing game can be defended. Moss gets very few snaps and the only guy they try to throw deep to is Davis. It shrinks the field and with the Jets lack of speed on defense and Revis being out this can only help. If the Jets can stop the run they have an excellent chance here.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/09/26/49ers-offense-doesnt-play-longball/

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

That's a pretty big IF.

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Hopefully Keller and Scott will be able to suit up. I know both are hopeful, but apparently Scott's injury takes most players 2-3 weeks to heal and Keller was hopeful last week, too.

Hill being out is indifferent at this point. Took advantage of a weak Buffalo secondary and the last two weeks either hasn't been open, Sanchez doesn't trust him due to his drops or something else. Whatever. Chaz Schilens can fill in and do Hill's job just fine.

Pass rush. Pass rush. Pass rush. If we don't have that, it's over. Interested to see what Rex draws up.

16. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Hill sit out this game, not to bash him, I know he has only played 3 games, but he needs a break. I think the Jets are making a mistake forcing him into a starting role right out of college like this, and it has shown the past two weeks, he has passes hit him in the numbers fall to the ground. I don't know if it's just the pressure of the spotlight or what, but he needs to sit out this week, rest the hammy, and just take a breather and get his head straight, Imo.

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i'll never seriously believe that we are out of automatic losers of a game, but this will be an extremely tough game.

the 49ers stand for literally everything the jets want to be, a physical defense with a ground and pound offense and a talented game manager QB. this game comes down to two things for me. can we rush alex smith and make him make the wrong throws and can we successful complete short passes that will hinder the 9ers D.

our run offense will be obsolete sunday, but it will still be necessary for the play action. we don't have the talent to beat the 9ers, thats for sure. we need to out coach them and leslie frazier proved its possible

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It's laughable that anyone can, with a straight face say we will win this game on Sunday. I expect we will be destroyed. The obvious is, we don't have Revis. Now without Hill, our O will really struggle. No type of red zone efficiency.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Honestly, I wouldnt be upset at all if Scott was out. I want to see Davis' role expand. I feel like if we dont have someone breakout or step-up on the defense (especially in the front 7) we will have a tough time being a top 10 defense.

We know what we have in Scott, and its not anything special- good against the run while running downhill but is a HUGE liability against the pass and isnt a sideline to sideline player.

We need our young players to develop, and we need an improvement, particularly in speed, from our LB's with Revis out. I want to see more of Coples and Davis, especially on 3rd down.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The only way I see us winning this game is

Our offense must get on track and score 24 pts

Our def must stop Gore and Hunter

But most importantly we must find someone who can cover Vernon Davis

I just can't see all if any of these 3 things happening,,,,,,,,I hope they shock me but I see the 9 ers kicking our ass .