Tebow Time

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jesterjetman, Sep 24, 2012.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I will preface this post with the following pieces of information 1. I generally associate with a SOJ fan mentality, but have occasional spurts of optimism. 2. I try to react rationally to season crushing news, but have bee known to offer one or two knee-jerk reactions-this might be one of them. 3. I more or less like sanchez,want him to succeed, still sort of believe in him...
    having said that: Perhaps it is Tebow Time. I never liked Tebow. Hated him as a Bronco and passive aggressively root for him as a Jets fan. The reality is, that with Revis gone, this team needs to make some sort of spark-inducing move. I saw week one, and the first drive of week 2, but I have also seen Sanchez play at the same mediocre level he always has hovered around. limitations to his peaks, infinite possibilities for his lows. Perhaps Tebow can induce some kind of jolt (the kind that will come from sustained presence, not the usual 8 yard loss). With revis gone, we need to keep opposing offenses of the field- perhaps a heavier run minded offense can achieve this. Finally. Revis is the lone bright spot on a very blah team. I hate Tebow, but the possibility of some sort of jeremy lin-esque run as we compete for a 9-7, 16 pick overall season might be more fun than watching sanchez pout after a another 38% completion day
    again, I am not a Tebow supporter, nor a sanchez hater, simply a jets fan looking for a way to enjoy what now feels more or less like a lost season.

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

What exactly has Tebow done in his limited play time so far?

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

What exactly has Sanchez done in his playing time over the last 2 years besides suck?

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to work out what we got Tebow for? jersey sales?

Its obvious that Rex doesn't trust him at QB and he's not doing a lot else to help the team, except a few trick plays. So what are we going to do with him?

5. JetsNation06

Noone knows how Tebow is until they let him start a few games at QB. His time with the Jets remains incomplete until that happens.

I'm sure he'll be the starting QB in a few weeks.

6. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

No I think we all know about Tebow. He cannot throw.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

yeh coaches really seem to frown on game winning drives :breakdance:

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Tebow can't throw and he has shown he is useless at what he is being used for so far this year

9. JetsNation06

Sanchez can't throw either. Unless it's to the opposing defense. And thankfully you're not the GM nor the coach. Until Tebow plays QB, his given position, for the Jets then making any assessment on him is incomplete and wasteful.

Tebow's a winner, doesn't matter if he throws the ball through his legs. He needs a chance before anyone can make a judgement on his QB abilities for us.

10. jesterjetman

no shit he cant throw. but we are not exactly going to win games because of our unstoppable air-attack. might as well see what happens with the Tebow dude running the show for a bit. It only works when he plays a full game and other teams get sick of his nonsense.

11. JetsNation06

Yeah coaches love when the other teams kicker loses the game for them :beer:

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

fake punts?

13. jesterjetman

and again, im not necessarily suggesting Tebow start because Mark Sanchez is bad, more because of what tebow might offer in this grim looking season.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Jersey sales do not make the Jets any more money than it does the Pats..I used to think that too until I heard all jersey sales are split among all teams evenly. (of course I may had heard that on ESPN so who knows)

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

how bout we had the lead before the defense allowed the phins to tie the game

nice try though, really.

can we get this dumb ass thread deleted please?

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Oh god I was waiting for someone to post this. If I was a Tebow fan I wouldnt want him to start because he needs a good d to be a QB. If not he loses most of his games.

17. JetsNation06

How about we had a chance to ice the game until our inept QB threw an INT in the end zone and on a separate drive overthrew a wide open TE 5 yards in front of him for a game sealing TD??

Stop accepting mediocrity and a shitty QB.

18. JetsNation06

Tebow's undefeated as the Jets starting QB. The only way to know how Tebow will be as the Jets QB is to let him play QB for a few games. We got nothing to lose given our current QB.

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

oh you mean the play that happened after tebow lost 6 yards cause he didnt throw the ball away? yeh that was a hard one. oh not to mention that cumberland ran into the play for some reason allowing the safety to cover two men at once, which in turn led to the pick. or maybe we can talk about the td that wasnt due to a phantom false start. its not about one or two plays buddy. its about the end. we won, and mark led us there. you are a moron if you think the coaching staff is anywhere near considering pulling him.

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

tebow isnt undefeated as the jets starting qb. you cant be undefeated if youve never played a snap as a starter. you know who else is 'undefeated' then? all of us posting on this forum...