0% Excitement Level for Miami Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Because we have done such an excellent job covering the middle of the field last and this year.

Forget it.

Everyone sucks.

15-1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

2. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

1) Games against Miami are never easy..all the times I thought they would be easy I looked like an idiot..so evetyone be careful.

2) They have a solid O line and a good D line---thats not good

3) Reggie Bush could torch us...we can't make tackles again this year which could lead to disaster-- after watching our game last week and then catching the San Fran game I could really tell the difference in our tackling---really needs to improve and you would think Rex Ryans teams would be the best at it.

4) Can we get the ball to Hill... he wasn't targeted too much last week and he will be going against a secondary that he can beat.. also the addition of Keller coming back might be just what Sanchez needs to get on a roll.

5) Make Tannehil make mistakes-- I want to see Landry (aka the widow maker) destroy him on a blitz and a couple of pics might put the game out of reach.

6) Tebow???

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of banning in general, but I wish Tebots like you were banned or at least required to only post on the Tebow threads.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Back to the question here. I hate Miami, always will. And one of my biggest beefs with Ryan is he is only 2-4 against them. That is inexcusable. So of course I am up for a win here.

But this game also has the potential to become an avalanche leading to a miserable season for the Jets. The worst thing about the Pitt game I thought was how complacent the team looked. The D played a soft zone with Revis out, and then Landry overcompensates somewhat and gets personal fouls. The O basically turtled after their first two possessions. Kerley fumbled. The coaches made no adjustments other than going to that zone on D.

Now if the Jets lose to Miami, they run a real risk of being 1-4 in no time at all. The calls for Tebow will be many times what they are now, and just what the Jets do not need. Even McKnight was quoted in an article in the Journal saying he wants the Jets to use Tebow more.

I know there are some relatively easier games looming in the second half, at least potentially so. But the Jets' season could be ruined well before that, and a loss this weekend would be a huge factor in moving in that direction.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I want to see how Mark reacts after a series or 2 . If he is upbeat and joking we are solid and will roll. If, however, it's that sad sack shit with the negative body language looking down and sitting by himself, I hope Rex puts Tebow in.

We need this win because we are playing the gay sharks.

Go JETS!!!!!!!

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't wait, I just want to win. I don't care how good or bad the opponent is perceived to be.

7. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I'm pretty sure the Wins column doesn't care who the numbers came from, as long as you've collected enough of them to get into the playoffs. If it require 9 wins, I'd be pretty happy having 2/9 with thirteen games to go.

"- But we'll lose the two games after the Fins, so we're pretty much fucked anyway!"

FFS can we at least play the games first? It’s always easy to go with a sure thing. Winning vs Fins should be a sure thing. Losing to SF and HOU are sure things. Sometimes when you have the sure thing it doesn’t always work out.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I agree. The thing that pisses me off about them more then their complete lack of objective opinions is that they ONLY post about Tebow. They make every thread about Tebow and can't talk about any other facet of the game like the only position that matters is QB..

9. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

Not sure if you can go simply by stats. But if you do you can go further:

Your best receiver (Kerley) has 6 receptions for 112 yards and our best receiver has 12 for 161 yards.
    Second best receiver of Jets (Holmes) has 7 catches for 96 yards and our second best receiver (Bess) has 6 catches for 88 yards.

But seriously what difference does that make analyzing stats after 2 games? Based on stats we be running all over you because Bush has as many yards rushing after two games as the entire Jets offense.

The Dolphins receivers as a unit are mediocre at best. It takes a tremendous amount of effort to overcome that.

The way it looks it will be a game dominated by the Ds. The D who cracks first ......

A loss by the Jets would be an embarrassment. Personally I think the Jets will escape with a 21-17 win but I hope for a better result for my Phins.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Pretty true. Stats do matter, but they're far from the be-all, end-all. The Dolphins receiving units is one of the worst in the NFL. The Jets' unit is clearly better, but not by much until proven otherwise.

The Dolphins always seem to have something crazy happen in these games. Either Chad Henne plays out of his mind, or Ted Ginn plays out of his mind, or the Wildcat, or some weird trick where these games never go the way you think they do.

Logic dictates that this game is probably 17-10 Jets. So I kind of expect 31-28. Or one of those games where the Dolphins can't get a 1st down to save their lives but are somehow right there in the game because of a special teams or defensive TD.

The Dolphins have a pretty good run defense. They're going to dare Sanchez to beat them. I think he can. And I think he better because the longer the Dolphins are in this game, the worse it is for us. Don't want us to be missing tackles against Reggie Bush because the defense is exhausted in the Miami heat.

11. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

How can you not be excited?

Miami's strengths (Rushing Offense, Rushing Defense) directly go against the Jets weaknesses.

And the Jets strengths (Secondary, overall Veteran Defense) go against Miami's weaknesses (Rookie QB and new offense).

Rex Ryan is 2-4 vs Miami. Every time you guys think you are playing Miami and it's a checkmark in the WIN column, something bad happens. Remember Ted Ginn Jr? Guy was garbage except for his 2 career games, both against New York Jets. Remember the Wild Cat loss on MNF? This caused your whole team to trash talk the Wild Cat and the Dolphins, and then in the next meeting, the Jets shut down the Wildcat and give up 2 TD's to Ted Ginn Jr on a kickoff return and punt return, and a TD to Jason Taylor on a fumble recovery.

Honestly. I would think a Jets fan would know of the long history of hatred between the Jets and Dolphins.

Considering ancient history AND recent history between Fins/Jets, and how these teams strengths are shaping up, also considering whoever wins this game rises to #1 place in the division, you would think this is a MUST WIN game for the Jets and you would be excited and nervous.......

#91 MiamiDolphin, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  12. lamont_jordan_rules

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is such a complicated issue. Nobody should mind games that are gimmes on paper. Certainly Pats fans don't mind those games or there would only be a few games a year worth watching for them.

My issue with games like the Fins and Bills and other bad teams that the Jets play is that over the years the Jets have been very capable of losing those games and often in ways that defy the imagination. This reality colors the enjoyability of actually watching those games.

Put simply, the way the media reacts to wins over bad teams is to say that Jets should have beat them. The team gets no credit for playing well most of the time and generally it is the poor play of the opposing team that is highlighted in the reports.

When the Jets lose to those teams however the fault is all theirs. A bad team is never capable of playing a really good game against the Jets and just defeating them on the merits. It's always the Jets fault when they lose to an inferior team. It's always something that the Jets have done to create that loss.

If the Jets actually beat 90% of the teams worse than them, the way the Pats do, this would be livable. The problem is the Jets probably only win about two-thirds of the games they play against inferior opponents and so the Jet-bashing machine that is the media gets a lot of opportunities to bash away.

Last year the Jets lost 4 games to teams that finished with the same record or worse. In 2009 they lost 5 games to teams that finished with the same record or worse. In 2008 they lost 6 games to teams that finished with the same record or worse. It happens often enough that it's a recurrent pattern.

The Jets have this rep as a team that beats the teams they should and can't compete with the elite teams but in fact they don't really beat the teams they should often enough. That's the difference between the Jets being an elite team and being an average one.

#93 Br4d, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  14. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

It's time for you to change your avatar, not only did you lose that game, but Revis fended off that stiff arm and made the tackle.

15. nyjunc

every team loses games to teams they shouldn't. The defending champs lost 3 games top wash and Seattle last year(2 at home).

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Were those games against Washington must wins?

17. nyjunc

the first one was week 1 so obviously it was a must win:grin:

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ha yeah. I got unlucky and made my username and avatar like a month before he got traded. I don't wanna change either because then people won't know who the hell I am

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

you mean like 7 out of the last 8 bills games?