0% Excitement Level for Miami Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's good we have a weaker team this week.

We have several rookies and near rookies starting for us that need game experience in order to develop. And Tebow has less than a full season under his belt and he's in a new offense as well.

Having an 'easy' game will be beneficial to our young players, and we may see more of our Tebow package.

2. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I don't really have excitement for this game, I have fear instead. Losing this game would be devastating, and it will fill us with incredible anxiety for the tough games to follow.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

because the JETS got this. Even Phin fans know this.

4. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

We may not be a great team but our D is pretty darn good. Unfortunately the offense let our D hang out to dry in the Houston game.
    Our problem is offense and the lack of wide receivers and that we have a rookie QB. If Reggie (and Miller and Thomas) can run, Tannehill stays within himself like against Oakland, playing at home with the humidity we have a minimal chance.

We are not a bad team just a team which, right now, I would put into the 6-8 win category. Depending on Tannehill's development you can adjust that up or down.

The Jets are on paper the better team. That's why I think the Jets will win 21-17. My heart says Dolphins, my logic says Jets. Logic simply sucks.

In regards to getting excited for a game: my team could be 0-12 I still get excited when it is a divisional game. That's what we football fans live for - the rivalries.

I always consider a win as a win. We could be 12-3 and face an 1-14 team I still be happy to win by a point especially if it is against the Jets, Bills or Pats.

Just my 2cents.

#64 Phins_4_Ever, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Last few years when the Dolphins have won, it's been due to crazy special teams, the best game of Chad Henne's career, our not adjusting to the Wildcat, and as the finale to a team collapse last season.

This won't be an easy game. I'll be impressed if we roll them. Not sure our offense is good enough to kill the Dolphins early, and if they stay in the game, you never know what will happen.

The defense needs to abuse Tannehill and force some turnovers.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'm always excited to play Miami. Contrary to what many believe, Miami has always been and always will be our #1 rival.

There is also no gimme win with this organization. There never is. The Jets are 2-4 under Rex Ryan against the Dolphins and we've always been the better team while he's been the Head Coach here.

That being said, all a win does is give us a 2-0 divisional record (which does mean something, I know) and a 2-1 record, but it doesn't answer any questions. The questions will be answered in the following four weeks against three very good teams and the best rookie QB in football.

A loss and all hell will break loose because a 1-4 start would likely be near and with a 1-4 start you're all but short of a miracle run away from missing the postseason.

7. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

This is just a high-nerves game to watch...know that a win doesn't prove much, but a loss would be catastrophic heading into the next few games.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Last week took a lot of wind out of the sails. The Jets still can't seem to beat a good team (0 wins over teams with winning records last year). That being said, it's taken a few extra days to get psyched for this game. I think they will win, but if they don't, this year will be the drizzling sh*ts.

9. New York Tim Tebows

New York Tim Tebows New Member

Imagine how much more excitement there'd be if Tebow was going to start

It'd be the only thing ESPN would talk about all week

10. Reece

Reece Banned

I like how most fans in this thread respect a division rival. The Fins might be underdogs, but I've seen them steam roll the Jets in the Rex Ryan era with a less talented team. The Phins might lose this game, but I wouldn't overlook them. Can't wait till Sunday and hopefully the Phins come out on top.

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Cause that's what the OP was talking about...

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

1) I'd like to see the LBs maintain some semblance of coverage. David Harris looked like he had cinder blocks on his feet and if he continues to be a step late it will compound the problem. See the Heath Miller TD last week.

2) I'd like to see the LBs finish sacks especially later in the game when they are fatigued.

3) I'd like to see the secondary not get flagged for stupid personal fouls.

Etc, etc.

Last are you fucking serious about Miami's WR core not being weak? Aside from Hartline you couldn't name 1 other WR on their roster without looking at a depth chart.

Would you classify Wayne Hunter as being anything other than a weak RT? By your rationale you wouldn't because he's a professional.

Are these guys better than 99% of the worlds population at playing football? Yes. But you can't use that for comparison. You compare them to their peers, other pros, and compared to their peers, Miami's WR are weak. Any Phin fan would agree.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

:sad:

Maybe a miracle could happen!

The football team is due for one after a decade+ of mediocrity.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Oh horse shit to you "fans" who aren't excited to watch our team play and play the fucking Dolphins.

I hate the Dolphins with a passion, and playing them and losing to them always hurts, but beating them, no matter how shitty they are, is always great.

15. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

I'm not excited because i don't know which Jets team I'm
    Gonna see.

I'm excited about watching the D Line and somewhat the secondary play because our D always comes to play.

Why I'm not excited is because idk which offense will show up. Fo we get week 1 jets, or week 2 jets, because honestly, what I saw in in the last 3 quarters of the steelers game was just plain sad. With that type of performance, the Fins have a decent enough D to beat us and Tannenhill can also go to his TE because he is not bad at all.

Hopefully game 2 was a fluke a d were the keys team that showed up in week 1.

16. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I thought the season was over when we traded for Tebow?

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Actually, Davone Bess is Miami's best receiver. He's a force out of the slot. Hartline will be contained by Cromartie or Revis, depending on if Revis suits up.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The longer you've been a Jet fan, and the more Jet-Miami games you have in your memory, the more excited you are for this game.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Ok?

The point wasn't who the best Miami WR was, the point was they have a bunch of bums.

Bess has 8 receptions in 2 games for 88 yards. I'm far from worried about him.

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Oh they sure can, check back sunday evening.