My Tebow tale of woe ..or "how Tanny and Rex fooled everybody"

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

... and Tebow fans wonder why they are laughed at ...

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You haven't read the main forum much, if that's what you believe. Most of the Sanchez threads there are against him. Just go down the list.

#102 Barcs, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You are correct. I went into that same thread today and wow. It was just like the Tebowmania forum. Only difference was that the guys who bash Tebow here were defending Sanchez there, almost using the same reasoning we use.

It's almost as if they come in here for ideas on how to defend Sanchez....
    V
    V
    V
    V
    [​IMG]

#103 Backup QB, Sep 19, 2012
  4. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Whatever, hahaha

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You are wrong.

First off you are implying Rex Ryan doesn't have passion? Ok. Second off, you are implying you know who is passionate? This requires in depth knowledge of each player and coach, things we don't see. Rex Ryan present himself as who he is, a passionate guy, so I can infer that. I have no basis other than speculation on the passion level of each player. An example is tennis. Roger Federer rarely if ever fist pumps, come on, throws his racket, "shows passion". Nadal on the other hand always shows it. Both are great at what they do.

In college football, having the best athletes helps tremendously. You honestly think the best athletes are spread evenly around all of college football?! Nope. That's why there are tiers in college football (divisions) and size of school is a tremendous help. It's why Reggie Bush could run circles around teams in college but needed to learn how to run differently in the NFL.

SEC isn't one of the premier conferences in the world. That's very narrow minded. Even if you narrow down SEC to just football, to say in the world is narrow minded.

The will to win is overrated. Everyone wants to win. You think Jeter stopped wanting to win from 2000-2009? Kobe's will to win really helped out this year. Kevin Durant's will really trumped Lebron. LeBron's will really trumped Dirk last year. Ok sure.

Get your numbers straight: http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Only 97.4% their first game where expectations were low, prices are high, parking is high, food is expensive, and watching in your living room on a couch being able to grab a beer from the fridge is a better experience to many people.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...football+attendance+reaches+new+heights+again

According to this, evidence is over whelming that Ohio State and Michigan have the will to win and it shows up :breakdance:

So yeah, your post was wrong. It took some general thoughtful ideas and destroyed them single handedly and made a mockery of the simple ideas of passion, will, and energy.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read for dozens of reasons. The $EC gets the best recruits every single year. But sure, it's the will to win that gets Florida into the Gator Bowl last year.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

:lol::lol::rofl2::rofl2:

[​IMG]

#107 Backup QB, Sep 19, 2012
  8. displacedfan

I have to ask, did you read my full quote?

"SEC isn't one of the premier conferences in the world. That's very narrow minded. Even if you narrow down SEC to just football, to say in the world is narrow minded."

This quote was in response this, which never specified premier conference at what "As one of the premier schools of THE premier sports conference IN THE WORLD, we citizens of the Gator Nation specifically and fans of members of our conference (SEC) in general, understand that WINNING requires more than just having the best athletes"

So if you take my quote it totally and read, which it appears you didn't, SEC overall is not one of the premier conferences. Others destroy them in basketball. Others in tennis. Others in women's volleyball. Others in academics. Others in fencing. Others in chess. Others in etc etc. Get my point? Even if you narrow it down to just football in the SEC, you have to take the EPL top league as one of the premier, the AL East in baseball, you have certain cricket leagues, Big East was in basketball, etc etc.

So yes if you take my quote completely out of context of the paragraphs and even worse surrounding, you can laugh at it :breakdance:

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

:lol::lol::rofl2:

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The SEC is one of the premier sports conferences by almost any measure. There is so much fail in the "Gator Nation" post. But you're snatching fail from jaws of fail by hanging up on this one point.

#110 Bannon, Sep 19, 2012
  11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I mean, how can you argue with someone who says the SEC isn't one of the premier sports conferences in the world? The guy he responded to was talking about sports and he brings up academics and chess.

BTW, it's not just football. Last I checked, UK and UF are pretty good and win NCs in BBall, and I don't know about the other sports but I know for a fact the SEC is pretty dominant in baseball too.

Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track & Field. Nobody cares about the rest. And... Track & Field is a stretch.

:lol:

12. displacedfan

Just because your favorite sports don't match others, doesn't mean they are less important or more important.

Reread what the poster quoted. They took one sentence out of my whole post. They were the one hanging on the one point which is in fact correct since I never said SEC isn't premier at football, I just said they weren't a premier conference in generalities.

Take hockey for example. NCAA hockey is a pretty big deal in the northern states. SEC is joke (do they even have teams?) in that category. So they aren't a premier hockey conference. They aren't a premier basketball conference either. In football yes, but in generality of sports no. In generality of just a conference, no.

13. displacedfan

Read what you originally quoted for me. Reread it again. Reread it again and again.

"SEC isn't one of the premier conferences in the world." Sports are where in this quote?

And they are not premier in basketball or hockey. 2 other big sports. So you can't even take sports in generality. I give them football but what you quoted and I originally quoted never mentioned football.

It took SEC as a conference in general and you decided to quote that part without reading that sports/football wasn't said. I actually went on to mention football in the next sentence which I guess you never go to.

It's not too hard to understand that the SEC is elite at football, NCAA baseball I don't follow so sure elite at that, average to above average at basketball, and non existent in hockey, and I'm pretty sure not in Lacrosse either which is big deal at a good amount of colleges also. Like I said just because you like sports one over another, doesn't mean other sports are less important when talking SEC as a sports conference.

But here's a recap.

SEC as a conference, no premier.
    SEC as a sports conference, not premier.
    SEC as a football conference, premier.

Wow what a surprise.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm not even sure it's relevant to anything -- but are you aware the SEC is perennially the winner or runner-up in the "all sports" tabulation of the conferences. It really, really is a "premier sports conference" by any reasonable meaning of that term. In the aggregate, counting all the sports, quantifying it by different methodologies -- it is up there.

Here's an article about the year just ended :http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--which-athletic-program-is-best.html I can tell you every year, such articles come out with the SEC at or near the top.

And it doesn't even matter. You picked out the one sentence, nay, clause, in the "Gator Nation" post that may have been the most correct (though irrelevant), and flailed yourself on the rocks over it.

I still think you're all right.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I think you need to reread, Sir. The guy you responded to clearly said the SEC is the premier "sports conference" in the world.

"As one of the premier schools of THE premier sports conference IN THE WORLD"

You need to do research or watch sports more. Perhaps you never heard of Kentucky basketball? Or maybe Billy Donovan and the Gators basketball program do not exist in your reality. You know... the guys who won back to back National Championships in 2006-2007? The same guys who played in the NC game in 2000? Don't let me start on Kentucky.

Football NCs? Last six, I believe. Probably going to be seven straight after this year.

Baseball... you conceded that so ok.

Hockey? Nobody cares. But even without hockey, to say it isn't premier when it dominates the major sports is laughable.

#115 Backup QB, Sep 19, 2012
  16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahahahaha

http://www.gatorzone.com/olympics/2012/ - Gators in the Olympics
    http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=23497 - SEC members in the Olympics

I was going to list enough SEC championships in NCAA sports to support my claim but it was taking to long and I really don't care what my detractors think or say, anyway. It is common knowledge that the SEC ranks highest or high, year after year in a variety of sports diciplines. Go to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Collegiate_Athletic_Association and see for yourself or not. Hell, even Vanderbilt played for the bowling national championship in 2011 (rock on VanderbiltJets).

The fact remains, the head coach (Rex) and the QB (Mark), the default leaders of the football teams, need to be, at least, border line great to win consistantly. You don't win consistantly without trying to win 100% of the time (passion) and I see the leaders of the Jets breaking weak. I repeat, losing sucks. The only way a loss is acceptable is IF every opportunity to win is left on the field, or just out and out bad luck.

Go Jets!!!

PS; I'm not getting into a pissing contest about who has passion or whether winning bowl games 100% of the time is the measure of greatness. You guys can just know I don't think the Jets are great enough to win consistantly. Unless and until there is the passion to win 100% of the time, in either of the default leadership positions of the Jets, the Jets won't win consistantly enough to get THE prize. Otherwise, the Jets could be great enough. After all, the Giants did it last year.

#116 Remarker, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I didn't think it was possible for you to make yourself look dumber. I was wrong.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hey guys- the Jets play in the AFC East.

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

This thread has now shown all that I've been saying for months: it's not the Jesus freaks, or people who like how he plays, or that he's good. It's Gators fans who feel they need to tell you how wonderful they are. It's like Red Sox fans. Historically elite programs (which the gators have never been) don't spend their free time propping up their former players who are struggling in the NFL. They let them go, bc they aren't insecure.

Did the Gators have the will to win when they refuse to schedule an Out of conference away game outside of the state of FL? How but when they (after losing every matchup over a 5 year period) refused to schedule Miami anymore, and tried to end their series with FSU, so they can schedule more FCS opponents?

As a Met fan I would never mistaken their success as being equal to one of the great successful franchises. Same as a Jets fan. Please understand that a couple of one loss championships makes you third best in your conference, and not even the best program in your state. It's pathetic how these people are so insecure about their place in college football that they need to tell you how great their Timmy is and their team is.

90% of Tebow mania is Gators fans unable to accept that their HERO is a trick play backup. This thread has proven that. The rest of his fans are either Jesus freaks or homosexuals.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I like how he plays and I have never seen a "Jesus freak" post even once on a football forum (that was not a troll posing as one ).

Gator nation is big and proud (as they should be).