0% Excitement Level for Miami Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

In the scheme of things, this game is extremely important because a win means 2-0 in the division.

However, this game is a lose-lose scenario and for me, basically has low importance in terms of gauging the Jets.

Obviously with a Jet loss, it's basically catastrophic (in my opinion) because Miami is a bad as they've ever been in recent years.

But a Jet win will not answer any of our questions, here are just a few:

-Their WR group is bad so is their TE, we won't be able to gauge our LB coverages or any adjustments made in the secondary.
    -If Sanchez throws for 350 and 3, it won't be good enough because their defense is poor.
    -If Sanchez doesn't get sacked it won't be a big deal because their D-Line is miserable.
    -If they hold Bush under 120 total yards, it will be because the former performances were flukes.
    -If Tannehill throws 4 picks and goes 6-25, it will be because he is Tannehill.

So basically, I really only get really excited for games in which the Jets will go against teams which are good enough to answer questions I have.

NE, Hou, and SF games coming up should be great barometer games.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Anthony Fasano is a pretty good TE.

Their Defense is not poor. They have a good D line and front 7 in general. Their secondary stinks.

350 and 3 on any D is awesome I dont care who you are playing.

You obviously know nothing of their D line. Its the best part of their defense.

Bush has been good since last year.

Jets are good at confusing rookie quarterbacks. I don't expect him to be as bad as the numbers you posted but I hope to see them dominate him.

Basically this post is pretty shitty and if you can't get excited for a divisional game when the team is 1-1 then I don't know whats wrong with you. I expect to win but its not easy to win on the road in the NFL.

3. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

I am excited, however the team has set itself up to be criticized for either a win or a loss. To the media, things are never a good as they appear. Everything comes with a caveat.

#3 cantwait57, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The 0% excitement for me comes from the fact that the Jets should win the game but given it is Miami the results will likely be random. So the game is heavy on downside at the moment.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm jacked up. Looking forward to a bounce back game for the offense. F MIAMI

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I definitely see where you are coming from. A negative performance from the Jets will be blown up by how bad the Dolphins are and any positive performance will be dismissed because of how bad the Dolphins are.

Still, a win is a win. If it gets us closer to making the playoffs I'm happy. Of course if we can only beat crappy non-playoff teams (Bills, Dolphins, etc) and lose horribly to playoff bound teams (i.e. 49ers, Steelers, Pats, etc.) then it proves that our wins were just because of our opponenets. But until that happens we don't know for sure.

7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.- Vin Diesel. I admit I'm not pumped about this one but I still want to see a W Sunday and who cares what the media say. We play better when they trash us anyways.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The season is already over because we lost to the Steelers, didn't you know?

9. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

i can see your point

But I'm always excited for the games, mostly because the offseason is so long

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fuck the Fins. I'm always hyped to play those fuckers. We have to beat them man, this is where this whole locker room issue started, it would be nice to go back to the scene of the crime and kick some ass and jump start our season.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The OP is underestimating Miami , their defense is actually pretty good and if not or all the turnovers in the first game the Miami D was stuffing the Texans .

12. Bill Belidouche

The Pittsburgh game basically removed any excitement I had for the season, at all.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well I guess time to put away the jerseys, close up shop, and play some Madden. Does that mean you'll stop posting here?

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think that's the point. Games you are supposed to win are less fun because if you win, you just did what you were supposed to.

I get excited for any football game. Road divisional games are tricky, particularly down in Miami in September. But this is no doubt a game with a lot to lose and less to prove.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pretty much summarized my point in 1 sentence.

Also echoing on what Mack said above, when you play a bad team and win, it's difficult to gauge progress made from the prior week.

After the Steelers game, this is a good bounceback opponent to get the offense confident again, but it really won't clear any doubts about the offense if they perform well.

#15 GQMartin, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  16. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

you're nuts if you think we'll go down there and steamroll. rookie qb or not, division games are always tough. if anything, i'm nervous (then again, i'm nervous every game).

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It's very humid here in S. Fla. The Jets should come down here as soon as possible and practice in the humidity to get used to it.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

LOL no shit. How you can get so down after one early season loss is beyond me. Hopefully the players don't have this bitch-made mindset.

19. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

I would definitely get some good food to concentrate on if you feel that way. Oh and drink heavy so you have fun.

C'mon man. Its football either way.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I'm excited for the game big time. But I hate losing to you guys. And it puts me in a foul mood for the rest of the week lol