My Tebow tale of woe ..or "how Tanny and Rex fooled everybody"

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No one wants to be more wrong than me about this ......I hope you are right

#61 CowboysFan, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think this game reminded that them that (1) part of the reason for the wildcat is the overall lack of weapons on the offense -- it's not just "hey, is Mark clicking or not?" Because in this game, everybody else looked flat and unable to beat his man; and (2) not to overthink using the wildcat, get it going early and/or often, to give it time to find itself. With it gashing for 34 yards in two plays, one busted play involving Shonne Greene is not a reason to trash it.

I think it's a simpler explanation -- they didn't get many drives in the first half, and they called a terrible game generally in the second half.

3. reverseapachemaster

I assume there are still components we haven't seen in a handful of plays in two games but I also don't think there's an entirely different offensive package where Tebow swoops in during the fourth quarter to win the game with a spread option offense.

4. reverseapachemaster

That's why I said before that there's likely a handful of plays where Tebow either passes or has the option. As you said, the threat only exists if he passes -- or at least looks like he might legitimately make the pass.

However, you can't take what Rex says at face value. Look at how great he said schotty was doing right before they canned him. If you put his words together with his actions you can decant some of the truth out of the statements.

5. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

This sky is falling post based making grand proclamations based upon zero information is ridiculous. Did the poster forget that Sanchez looked like Joe Montana the previous week? They were obviously hoping that he was going to get it together and bring them back.
    What the game shows is that this point Sanchez might be a "sunny day" quarterback. When everything is going good, he is good. But not with the strength to turn a stormy day into a clear one. Once he got hit in the mouth he threw balls that were as innacurate as any ducks that Tebow has ever thrown. Jets Sanchez apologists keep talking about dropped balls, the guy was 10 for friccking 27. Tebow would get crucified for these numbers, but Sanchize had 17 dropped balls? don't think so. He missed wide open receivers time and time again, and the throws were not even close.
    If he continues on this path, all roads will lead to Tebow. The real question is this defense (28,27 pts) a bunch of baloney, or going to come through when it counts.

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Tim won't have an opportunity to succeed as a Jet. The evidence is strong and gets stronger each game. Losing a game instead of letting Tim play the hot hand he had Sunday is strong evidence.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Just imagine if Tebow came in and won the game. It would be all but over for Sanchez.

8. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Exactly. So the decision was to let the Jets lose.

Personally, I don't give a shit who plays, who they pray to, who their girlfriend is, or any of the rest of the bullshit. Win the fucking game, win the fucking division, and win a fucking Super Bowl!!! I'm a football fan, and my team winning is what I want. Fuck losing, and to lose without doing everything possible to win,,,,,is unacceptable.

#68 Remarker, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yes I agree, that's it for sure, what I tried to say in my overly long original post.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You recognize that the Broncos lost 4 of their last 5 games last season and that Tim Tebow was the biggest reason they lost in each of those games?

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Not accurate man.

Game 1 in question : Denver was up 17 points on NE when 3 turnovers happened (1 was Tebow's) he actually had 200 yards passing and 100+ yard rushing it was one of his best games garnering high praise from Patriot players including Vince Wolfork who said he was one of the toughest players to bring down he has ever faced (your statement not accurate )

Game 2 in question Buffalo, Denver was also up and even scored on the opening drive of the 2nd half. The defense did not hold up and when Denver went down tebow had the worst quarter of his life (your statement accurate)

Game 3 in question Kansas city was a suck fest (your statement accurate)

Game 4 in question New England went up 35 points , Joe Montana in his prime could not have pulled that game out the way the Denver D was playing. (your statement not accurate )

so you are right about tebow being the main reason they lost but only in 2 out of the 4.

Also he finished 8-5 not bad for a fullback who can't throw and was thrid string at the start of the year to be honest.

#71 CowboysFan, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  12. JFjets

JFjets New Member

So, which of my points are you disputing?

And if Tebow was the biggest reason they lost those games (I didn't know he played defense and let Tom Brady throw 5 TD's in the first half?), then he was also the biggest reason they won all the games they did. See, that argument cuts both ways....

13. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

You see, for those unenlightened souls it is all Tebow's fault when they lose, but the wins were only a result of the defense, luck, and divine intervention.

14. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

From the 13:51 mark of the second quarter Sanchez was 6 of 22 for 58 yards. Tim ran three plays and moved the team down the field without needing to throw a pass. They had to yank him at the first sign of trouble ( ie a horrendous attempt at blocking by a TE) or Sanchez was done in NY forever.

I can just hear the coaching headphones "Holy SHit!@ Get him out of there or we are screwed!".

Trade Tim. He can only be a distraction. Too bad there isnt a Bill Walsh coaching somewhere that can see his worth. Like all the real NFL/ Tebow fans we know he needs some passing development, but whoever is the QB coach (Cavanaugh?) for Sanchez, well, I dont even want him commenting on Tim's Facebook page because the job he has done with Sanchez... LOL!

Gator Nation completely dwarves the NY Jets. If no team wants Tim let's get his coaching career started at Florida. What parent wouldn't want to send their kid to play for him?

15. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

LOL yeah. Tom Brady throwing 5 touchdown passes in the first half in that playoff game is all on Tim.

/TOOL

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Yeah lying ass Rex Ryan. We are only 2 games into the season and we should had shown everything by now in WC. Damn Rex ur a bad coach. SMH

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How many TD did TIM get? TIM is the type of QB where if he doesn't have a good D he won't win.

18. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

Well against that same Steelers team, three. 30 yard pass to Eddie Royal, 8 yard run, and then 80 yard pass to Thomas in Overtime.

Any other questions?

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

It occurred to me that most of these Tebow fans never watched a Jets game before this year.

If they had, they would remember what Brad Smith did, how tremendously valuable he was, and how he was used a handful of times per game.

The term value can't be understated: Tebow not only is cheaper than what it would have cost to retain Smith, but he also fills the Brunnell role. From a cap perspective alone it's a better value. They get to return to what they had in Smith but at a lower cost. Win for tanny.

Rex gets to go back to an offensive package that fits his ground and pound and ball control philosophy, but with a player who is more talented than Smith. Win for Rex.

Sparano gets to use a package that he was very successful with, that fits well with his style and system, and allows him to get a change up from his real offense. Win for him.

Woody gets media dominance, Jersey sales, and a bunch of bandwagon Jets fans. Win for him.

Tim Tebow is Brad Smith plus Brunell plus Justin Beiber. Rex said 2-20 snaps a game. They never said it would be the 2006 Gator offense that you people long for.

Finally, there are 16 million New Yorkers. If half of those are Jets fans, I fail to see how Gator nation dwarfs that. Never seen a more Napoleon complex fan base in my life. No other fan base behaves this way about their failed heros. It make y'all look really, really pathetic.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Give things time to unfold. The WC option is something that develops slowly over time. Don't worry, Sparano would love nothing more than to unleash it on his former team and own them with it.