Timmons Hit on Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedgreenIII, Sep 16, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

zmoving his left preventing the hit from being flush on his helmet, it could have been much worse if Sanchez didn't make that small move.

2. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Sanchez is just planting his feet after the hop, he doesn't take two magical steps into the helmet of Timmons while Timmons is in the air. Lol. C'mon. Sanchez may have "ducked" a little and as a result Timmons probably hit him somewhere he wasn't intending to. That you can argue. But still, Timmons can easily go after Mark's waist and make a safe hit for each player involved.

Also, you said Harrison in your previous post and he didn't even play. Then, you made a weak rapist jab, alluding that we are being too protective over our player. I thought you were a better poster than that.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you seriously trying to argue that Timmons was trying to get low?

4. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

The more I look at the hit the pissed off I become.....That hit could have paralysed Sanchez......I'm surprised he stayed in the game. The hit was cheap, dirty and warrants a heavy fine if not a suspension.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Now you're just being an ass. he lead with his helmet. Its plain as day and he will be getting fined for it. I don't know why you are so stuck on arguing against it.

Big Ben probably doesn't take as many helmet shots because he is so tall. Defenders try to wrap him up more then lay the big hit like they would on Mark.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You can't hit the QB helmet-to-helmet. That's a penalty. Whether you want to call it cheap, dirty, anything else, whatever, that doesn't really matter. It was an illegal hit. Not sure how that can be argued.

Did it affect the game? Well, Sanchez wasn't the same after it, so there could definitely be some correlation and cause and effect.

Was it pre-meditated? I doubt Timmons thought 2 seconds before that hit, "I'm going to try to give him a concussion", but there's no team in the NFL that seems to have more hits like this than the Steelers, so I'm sure Dick LeBeau doesn't exactly frown upon drilling people like this.

7. abyzmul

I'm sure he's got a lot of practice at it, so it is probably second nature. Illegal headshots to Steeler fans is like Spygate to Pats fans. They have spent so much time arguing about it that they could probably qualify as 'expert witnesses' in a court of law because they can pick every little detail apart to try to minimize it.

8. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

I'm referring to Harrison's hits from last year that got him constantly fined. I am well aware he didn't play yesterday. I'm also not denying it should have been a penalty.

What I AM defending is the fact people on here thought this was an intentional headshot to knock Sanchez out of the game.

9. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Also both sides of this debate will think they are right, and the others are evil morons. Kind of like Democrats and Republicans these days.

I've said my piece about it, you guys will feel how you feel, and there's nothing else to say.

Again, I hope you guys bounce back from this loss and take it to the Patriots.

10. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

You're out of your fucking mind!!! Timmons launches himself helmet first like a fucking missle!! You are taught two things when tackling - get low and wrap up. Not launch yourself head first at the ball carrier.

At the end of the day, what you, me or anybody else on the board thinks doesn't mean shit. The league will have their say.

My prediction - 50K fine

11. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that Timmons intent was to get into Sanchez's head, via causing him pain. Maybe he didn't want him to miss time or end his career, but he is playing for his team via making Mark have the hit in the back of his mind.

If Timmons "isn't smart enough" or he just didn't care to go low enough so that he could hit Mark in flush in the chest, then he's culpable. He's got the right to play like that and get fined/suspended, and it's our right to speculate that he's a dirty fucker.

Harrison doesn't have anything to do with this play other than there being a strong trend of this crap happening in Pittsburgh.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I don't buy that at all. Don't independent doctors and evaluators get involved if there's any sign of a head hit? You're not supposed to be able to let guys back in the game with a concussion or concussion symptoms.

13. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

Nothing but sour grapes from the loser. there is no doubt in my mind that if this was the other way around none of the Jets fans would be whining. Was it a penalty under dictator Goodells new rules?....Yep... and it got flagged.....end of story. Two years ago people would watch this film and ask "why did Timmons turn his head and use his shoulder and forearm instead of trying to separate Sanchez's head from his body?"

14. nyjunc

I'm not sure if you can see or not but he launched his helmet into Sanchez, it was a dirty play. Would we whine about it if it was the other way around? of course not but we'd discuss it. You guys earned the win, you were better but that doesn't change the fact that it was a dirty play.

15. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

You see it that way.....I see Timmons intentionally moving his head to the side and coming up with the shoulder and forearm. It just happens that their heads were on collision courses.

16. abyzmul

Did you even watch the game? I sure saw a head hit and I didn't see any doctors evaluating Sanchez at any point after that. You seem to be wilfully ignorant here.

Oh, by the way, during his presser today Rex was asked about the hit and if doctors were evaluating Sanchez, he said there was an evaluation being done but he did not have any of the details, so we'll see whether or not that hit had any effect on him.

17. abyzmul

Would you fuck off already?

18. nyjunc

the only one that moved was Sanchez or the hit could have been worse.

19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

How do you know this, do they show what Sanchez is doing on the sideline every play? Obviously it's not always evident when someone takes a head shot but eventually someone's going to see a replay of it.

I know for a fact it's supposed to be protocol that any sign of a head shot is supposed to be at least checked out. If it turns out Sanchez does have a concussion I'm sure the NFL will be all over the Jets, especially after what happened with Revis last week.

20. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

The more I watch this video I try to think what Timmons "could" have done. Put yourself in his place....there is nothing he could do beyond what he did. They are headed for each other, how could he possibly prevent his head from coming in contact with Sanchez.