serious question for everyone on this board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Sep 16, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No, it really isn't. Just like it wasn't safe to say he is the answer after game one. Too many factors involved to just make a blanket judgment like that.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i expect us to win around 8 or 9 games.

so each loss is huge, and could mean playoffs or no playoffs. when you are going to be right on the borderline of the playoffs, you push the panic button week 1.

next week is an absolute must win. conference games are huge. especially ones you should win. and going 1-2 beofre the toughest part of our schedule would be a nightmare. fi we dont beat miami its not a stretch to say we could be 1-6

3. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Not sure how good anyone math is but we can still go 15-1. Would you rather lose to a tough Steelers team or a team we are supposed to man handle. All of you need to relax. Fuck.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Based on his body of work in Miami, coupled with his success at hiding the juggernaut that is the Jet offense during the preseason, I'd say its not exactly a blanket judgement Byz.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i was fine with the playcalling yestarday, other then not going for it at the end of the first half. good balance. we just didnt get many opportunites because the defense couldnt get off the field.

we scored on 2 of 3 first half possesions. second half was poor, but more execution then anything

6. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

I'd rather the Jets lose like this in the beginning of the year rather than later on, probably due to the somewhat naive thought that they can use this to get better by addressing any flaws they had against a good Steelers team. It hurts to watch them lose because I personally dislike the sons of bitches, but they play football well and I'm not going to let it get me too down.

7. Cman68

I thought the playcalling was ineffectual after the first set of scores once the Steelers made their adjustments. Perhaps the Jets just don't have the right personnel to run Sparano's offense yet.

8. abyzmul

It depends on how much of the actual playcalling he did in Miami, something that has varying levels of conssistency when you ask any Miami fan. They will tell you that he had absolutely zero to do with the success of the WC, although they will blame all of the other offensive woes on him.

The preseason is meaningless. I don't even know why you would bring that up.

This is a new system to existing personnel and we don't have an extensive enough body of work here and now to base his performance on. Not even close.

It's a blanket judgment, C. I know you're going to demonize it all week but one game does not make a season. The Patriots lost to the fucking Cardinals yesterday, you want to call them an 8-8 team?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think there's a good chance Sanchez was playing with a concussion after that hit yesterday. He looked dazed after that and I was fearing the worst. His play certainly got a lot worse after it.

10. Cman68

Regarding the Patriots, I suspect they rolled their helmets out on the field and thought the Cardinals would just fold up. Obviously, that scenario didn't play out.

The big explanation for the ineptitude of the preseason offense was that Rex and Sparano were keeping it under wraps in order to prevent other teams from preparing for it or some such. I think the Bills brought into the ineptitude perception of the Jet offense and took them lightly. Once the Steelers got the game film analyzed, you saw what happened yesterday. Adjustments were made and the mighty Jet offense got ground and pounded.

So far, the evidence doesn't look good for this new system Byz. They've tried hiding it, unfolding it, and now teams are getting film on it. I'm not so sure even the WC can do much more than succeed more than once or twice a game.

11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

that makes sense. NO WAY they put in tebow, the media would go absolutely crazy

12. Cman68

That could be and if its true, then I'm more concerned that the CS let him back in the game.

13. abyzmul

I'm not exactly convinced that we saw the extent of the Jets' offense over the past two weeks.

They never took him out. He went right from the ground to the huddle. Hell, Shonn Greene could barely walk after his helmet shot, they walked him back to the trainer's room and then he was back after the half.

I have a feeling that the Jets are going to be receiving some unwanted attention about their treatment of concussions in the next week or so.

14. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

A lot of Steeler fans were probably saying a ton of negative stuff after the Denver loss. I wouldn't start panicking until the halfway point and if you guys are only say 4-4 or 3-5 then you can worry.

I think getting Revis and Keller back should give you guys a major boost. Just like I feel the Steelers D might not look so "old and slow" with Polamalu and Harrison back in there.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think Sanchez is coming off the field this year unless they have to cart him off. Neither he nor the CS wants Tebow to take QB snaps (non-wildcat) and they'll avoid them at all costs.

16. NewYorkEveryThing

Yeah,But at least the pats,cowboys and saints have won a super bowl in the past 20 years.It alway's feels like crap when you lose to a team that beats you all the time and now they are old and still beating us.If it was a random team like the cards or the chiefs it would not sting as bad cause you know you're better and it was a bad day like the patriot game.But the same old situations against PITT,NE,and other elite teams just kill me.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

so you'd rather lose to a bad team than a good team on the road?

18. NewYorkEveryThing

Yeah cause I would at least be able to say.It is just one game or a trap game.But the steelers always beat us. and until we can beat a team like the steelers once and a while.We are just as bad as those bad teams we beat on the road with no problems.Get the point?

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

dont talk sense to jets fans.

next week after beating the dolphins there will be "this team is going to win the division" threads.

same story, different year. :)

20. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I am a converting Bears fan (moved to Chicago in Feb). I am trying to watch both teams games this year year.

In any case to the OP. I felt like although the scores were about the same, the Bears loss felt a lot worse.

The Jets game felt close and there were moments of briliance (first drive, some of the runs stopping on D) and a few key mistakes (muffed punt, Holems drops, Cro not defending the TD, Ben houdin-ing pressure)

Comparatively, I felt like the Jets were not outclassed.

The Bears however just felt completely outclassed. The O-line is exposed as frauds. Brandon Marshal dropped a key one but unlike holms he barely ever even had anything thrown his way. Cutler looked like Sanchez last year. It really made me feel good about Sanchez this year.

Funny, everytime Cutler got crushed, I kept looking to see who beat Wayne Hunter that time only, to realize WFH was traded away and I was watcing the Bears instead of the Jets.

Not sure if its just the JOJF in me becoming a SOBF but I feel like the swing WAS worse for other teams from confidence week 1 to week 2.