Our Linebacking corps....slow motion..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Sep 17, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ahhh, I don't pay as much attention on special teams as I used to, but I'm sure you're right.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well i had a few dog fish head 120's and victory golden monkey's in me at the time so there's a good shot I'm wrong.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dog Fish Head...

Victory Golden Monkey...

I'm not sure if that's beer or World Of Warcraft shit.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Actually Rex Ryan was Smith's biggest fan last year.

In the Buffalo game Pace hit Fitz three times, with one leading to an interception. He only got blocked out of one play. He otherwise played contain quite well. He made a tackle for a loss, and oh yeah there were two other pressures on Fitzpatrick.

Yesterday it was hard to see anybody who played well other than Mangold and McIntyre, but people here who single Pace out are not being fair.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He did play towards the very end once or twice

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are describing a 4 year plan with pieces in and out each year. First you forgot the most important change.
    If we rebuild then Tanny must go and get a real GM. Along with that let go of many of the guys that make draft recruiting decisions.
    If we give up on Sanchez we better come up with a high draft pick and give him the 3 years that he will need. I dont want a perennial back up from another team. Of course by then Mangold and D'Brick will need to be replaced because they are getting old so the window of succes will begin to shrink.
    I hate full fire sale rebuilding over and over. When will we learn?

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Step one in a successful rebuild will be to define organizational philosophy and methods in a way that the Jets don't just rebuild right into the situation they were in in 2004 and 2010: on the cusp but not enough talent to get over the top.

Woody Johnson is the #1 person who has to make sure we're not looking at a 2016 that looks just like the last two peaks. His vision of the Jets is what is going to be reflected in 2016. Nobody else is going to have half the impact that he does from now until then.