"Play like a Jet"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

After last night, I'm now confused what this phrase means.

The most disappointing thing about the entire game was the bizarre dichotomy of Landry playing too hard and horse-collaring Brown and the constant overrushing of Roethlisberger versus the wimpish coverage of Wallace by Cromartie and various instances of average RBs tearing through the middle like a Keystone Kops film amongst piss-poor tackling.

I appreciate we have to dial up the exotic blitz packages to play to our strengths and hide our weaknesses but I can't help thinking that we would have had much more success last night just playing like a "normal" team.

Going for Big Bens legs rather than attempting to take his entire head off would have yielded better results and giving Landry some lavender shower gel to counteract the roid rage may have been advisable.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We actually stopped the run game really well until that last drive. We also played a lot like a "normal" team yesterday. There weren't too many all out blitzes. We played really conservative rushing 4 guys a lot. Neither the blitzing (becuase they missed) nor the coverage (because the front 4 had no push) worked. Sometime you run into a better team, that's what happened.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

getting yards on the ground with Powell and Tebow instead of a woozy Greene would have helped too. Controlling the clock, I thought, was going to be our philosophy this year.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It means 80-90% of the team you beat the shit/average teams and 80-90% of the time you lose to the elite teams you'd have to beat in order to win a championship.

5. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Change it to "Play Like A Steeler!".

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this fan base is so bipolar

7. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

The Jets are like the high school bully. Take the lunch money away from teams like the Bills, and never can hold up to teams like the Ravens/Steelers. And it looks things never change with Rex. He said it was Sporano's call to pack it it before the half. Rex- YOU are the coach, YOU make the call

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yeah, the Jets never beat good teams.:rolleyes:

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

junc, make it stop...please make it stop.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

LaLaLaLa can't hear anything.

Seriously though this board has gone full retard. It will be better by around wednesday.

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Play like a Jet

fast O and D, physical O and D, hard nosed

Play like shit

conservative O and D, vanilla O and D, stupid, stupid, stupid

12. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I knew right then once we packed it in before the half that we were not going to win!

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I never really understood the phrase "Play like a Jet".

Is it a reference to an actual jet plane? Like really fast in the air, but not very maneuverable on the ground? Kind of like how we kept running in free on Ben yesterday and kept missing? If so, we played like jets yesterday.

Is it a reference to playing like shit and losing, like we have historically done? That doesn't seem to really get us anywhere, but if so, we played like jets yesterday.

Is it a reference to the Super Bowl Champs? If so, perhaps it should be "Play Like a Jet When We Played Good And Won Our Only Championship" or something like that just to be clear. If that's it, we didn't Play Like a Jet When We Played Good And Won Our Only Championship" yesterday.

Hope that helps clear up some of that confusion.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I can't believe they kept Greene in there after that, ridiculous. It was obvious he was not with it and Powell actually looked pretty good with the ball. I'm repeating myself but the same thing happened with Sanchez. He looked like shit after taking the big hit and Tebow comes in and starts moving the ball. We should have seen more Tebow after Sanchez gets clocked and doesn't respond well. I'm disappointed with the coaching staff in this regard.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You need to ask Rex for a clarification about that phrase. I have no idea what that means as it certainly hasn't applied to the 2012 New York Jets so far.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

is this really a question?