Best Analysis Of Why We Stunk For 6 Years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 15, 2012.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I didn't realize we stunk when we were making deep runs in the playoffs.

3. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Best analysis of why the offense struggled for 6 years *

4. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I thought that was a really good read. The Drew Brees career is really the most telling, always did wonder why San Diego got rid of him...

5. Cheeky Bastard

b/c they drafted Philip Rivers and Brees suffered (what was possibly considered) a career-threatening shoulder injury.

6. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

it's pretty much everything we've been reading in this forum for the last couple of years, but it's nice to see it a more in-depth view

good read

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

someone please start a Shotty / Sam Bradford thread so we can easily track how Shotty's doing in his new digs throughout the season. How he do last week?

8. Section316

Section316 Active Member

198 yards passing, 76 yards rushing, 1TD, 3FG, 0INT, longest play from scrimmage was a 23 yard pass, in 27-23L.

Rams also got a TD on an INT return.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Our pass O stunk for 6 years. There were some great run games 08-10. Wasn't a fan of Schott's system overall.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I'm glad schotty is gone. Good article but also more than a little Slanted. Not everything that happens is 100% on the oc. But I am psyched to have Sparano - think he is going to be a major improvement.

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

It's all stuff about shotty that has been posted here before (I'm sure because I posted some of it.)

I'm sure Sanchez is better off without Shotty because every QB has been. I'm not buying into the Sanchize thing yet because I've watched him for the past couple of years and he's still prone to stupidity that will cost us games. If you don't believe that go re-watch the int from last week in which the game did not dictate him taking that kind of risk. Then watch him rush with the ball and fumble while he's carrying it too low.

Much like Tebow's mechanics, I wonder if you can really get Sanchez to stop being stupid after he's been making dumb mistakes with the ball for so many years. At least Tebow's problems are mostly physical.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I (and quite a few more here) have been saying that all along. Also, the writer forgot about Kellen Clemens altogether.

2. junc and BB will respectfully disagree. (Along with the horde of SDF - I don't know where kenny went.)

3. "It's but ONE fucking game, for crying out loud!!"

#12 Zach, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  13. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear the responses. It should be entertaining to hear how this can be twisted into a defense of Schotty and a condemnation of Sanchez. :breakdance:

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Giants managed to get Eli to stop being stupid with the ball long enough to get two rings out of him. He's still stupid with the ball at least a couple of games a year but the Giants have figured out that if you get him into the post-season, despite him almost single-handedly losing a couple of games during the season, he has what it takes to go all the way.

15. Mason

Mason New Member

Correlation = causation in this case. Once you get a QB a good receiving corps, some pass protection and a competent OC, he'll start making a lot less stupid mistakes.

The pass protection is there, the OC is there, and if Hill turns into a #1 receiver, then we'll have a good receiving corps.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought when you opened the thread it would look like this:

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]dOzGcqUSfPY[/YOUTUBE]

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

haha and after reading this, no need to view the thread again. You summed up everything that this thread can lead to.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Jets beat Pittsburgh:

"Fitzpatrick beat Patriots too early on last year. See how that went."

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

U mean the muffed punts...

I don't buy in to that stupid theory. Giants won the SBs on two of the most luckiest SB runs ever. Eli is not an elite QB. Elite QBs with great defenses do not go 9-7 in regular season.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

The article is terrible on so many level. All it's considering is QB stats for QB while they were with Schotty n while they moved on...for one year. While Schotty sucked, the author provided no reasoning to it.

1. Brees first couple years were bad. He was a rookie. He gradually got better by year 4. That's not Schottys fault. One can claim Schotty developed him? I'm not claiming that, but it's actually a very poor attempt of attacking Schotty.

2. The Favre attempt. He was fine until he got injured and he was getting old. Yes he had a great run the next year, but that was a fluke. What happened the year after??

3. Pennington: he too only had one year. He had to deal with injuries in NY so it can't be compared how healthy he was in NY. He was healthy in Miami for that one year though.

4. He based his entire Jets assessment off one game and sounds more like a homer

Disclaimer: I'm not a Schotty fan. But the article gave zero reasoning behind the cause.