I'll Admit, the Tebow Coverage is Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Sep 8, 2012.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

By the way, the '09 Cincinnati Bearcats were ranked #4 in the Sugar Bowl, and they were also one of the most over-ranked teams in recent memory. They beat absolutely nobody that year. South Florida? Pittsburgh? West Virgina?

Please...

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That's fine, they were a dominant team by any measure, the entire roster, both sides of the ball. Their acomplishments were amazing, so that's no surprise.

That's fine. I said it msyelf at the time, and I believed the Murphy departure actually hurt more than Harvin (even though Harvin is a better player, the Murphy hole was harder to make up for).

You don't seem to notice the difference in what you say when you're really unloading on Tebow -- your reasoning is poor. When challenged, you go back to things like insisting only that the team wasn't as good without Harvin and Murphy. But the things you say tend to suggest that Tebow was carried by his team, which also is not true.

The fact is that Tebow is a great athlete, has a great arm, and has an uncanny ability to throw longer, slow developing passes with accuracy. His mechanics (possibly even body type) limit his ability to throw quick, short, accurate throws that are on time. For this reason, his game may not translate to the NFL. But his talent is so great, that if can improve his mechanics, he can be a special quarterback, and a winning one.

It's that simple -- you're the one who goes too far, says too much, tries to overstate the problem, and take personal shots at people who like Tebow. I'm not big on taking personal shots at you -- it doesn't interest me and it detracts from the conversation that is supposed to be one shared by all.

But this is what people don't get -- I see a difference beteween the "fans" that follow Tebow and you. ANd that is . . . I enjoy following football, Tebow, the Jets. It fascinates me. It's like a story, and I'm interested. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm mature enough to know that for him to succeed, his team has to succeed, so there's no real conflict in sort of happily keeping up with the latest. I'm old enough to feel death's icy clutches surrounding us all :)))-- so you take your enjoyment of things where you can find it. But you, on the other hand . . . you hate him. Why spend energy on something you hate? Why follow his exploits and post so much for somebody you seethe with hatred about?

It's a game. We follow it because it makes life more fun for us. It shouldn't be that hard to understand, and frankly (1) I don't think it seems like there's that many of us (what, 10?); and (2) I don't think it's all that much of a living hell for the other posters here. I don't get any of the whining -- good lord, have you seen the quality of the "comments" on Youtube or your average news article?

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Right. So using rankings as the sole measure of whether a team is good or not is flawed reasoning. So using rankings as the sole measure of whether the 13-1 2009 Gators beat anybody good is flawed. They went undefeated in the regular season SEC, beat Florida State, and lost only to the eventual National Champion Crimson Tide.

It was a good season by almost any measure. The teams they beat weren't as great as in years past or since. but that's one where you just back away,and consider just okay. Not try to use it as evidence that Tebow sucked.

It doesn't mean "Tebow is now good because of the 2009 season." It just means "Your arguments that the 2009 season means Tebow sucks are poorly reasoned."

How do people like Brandon Weedon every survive such scrutiny? If the 13-1, 2009 Gators did so poorly, then almost all quarterback prospects did poorly.

4. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Quantify it however you like. The fact is the highest ranked team the Bearcats beat was #15 Pitt. Who else did they beat to earn their #4 ranking? You guessed it, nobody.

And not once did I say that the 2009 Gators were a bad team. I said that they weren't near the team they were the year before without Harvin and Murphy on the squad, and that they choked to a weaker Alabama team. Do you see the difference in those two statements?

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If Brady lost Gronkowski, Hernandez, and Welker, would the Patriots be as good of a team? They might still be good, but depending on who they acquired they probably wouldn't be. That does not mean Brady sucks if he doesn't make it to the SB.

I don't see how you say Florida "choked". They lost a game to a great team... the best team in college football that year. A team losing to a better opponent is not choking, it's just losing. Even if you feel Alabama was a weaker team, they were the better team that day. Choking would have been if they were up 50-10 in the first half and then lost 51-50.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No choking is losing a game you should win by playing poorly. You can lose and not choke if the team just played better that day and beat you at your best.

Choking to me is collapsing under the pressure of the moment be it the game or a particular crucial play.

7. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Great post, I can't see how this post wouldn't be an eye opener for even a Tebow-hater with a bit of rational thought and decency, unfortunately it probably goes in one ear and out the other to the parasite you are communicating it to.

8. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Did you invest this many ours of energy of your life taking shots at Charlie Ward, Tommie Frazier, etc, and their fans? You are on a forum labeled Tebowmania, if you have an ounce of intelligence it should be clear to you that your efforts here portray you as a sad excuse of a human being.
    The question for you is why would it make you so happy to see Tebow fail? What will that do for you? What else would you do with your time? What else could you do with your time? take a walk, get some fresh air, exercise, see a movie, travel, spend quality time with family or friends if you have any. There just has to be more to life for you than trying to prove to fans of Tim Tebow that he is a bad quarterback. There just has to be more out there for you than this. You can do better, because you can't do worse. Investing so much energy in the failure of a human being just can't be good for you.

Go look at yourself in the mirror, look at yourself right in the eyes, and tell yourself," I am a good person, I am worthy of being loved, I am going to get a life, and the first step in this process is to stop hating Tim Tebow."

9. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

10. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

That is your typical behavior, to go back underground like a mole, and then sit back and wait until you can find some fresh, unsuspecting Tebow fans to lay into with your pile of baloney.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Son, you would be outgunned in a battle of wits with a 4th grader.

Your logic is atrocious, bordering on non-existent.
    Here are your claims:

Now, let's take a look at the two years. In 2009, Florida lost one single game, to the National Champs, Alabama. Their record was 13-1.

In 2008, Florida also lost 1 game, but that was to UNRANKED Mississippi.

Hmmm, which is worse, losing to the NC's ? Or losing to an unranked team ?

You put stock in the fact that Florida beat 6 ranked teams in 2008. Last I checked, Florida beat every single team that they faced on their schedule, save Alabama, the NCs. Florida was not in control of their opponents rankings. Oh, btw, the 6 ranked teams that you mentioned, 2 of them weren't even top 20 teams, but rather, 23'rd and 24th.

Lets look at Strength of Schedule. In 2008, Florida was ranked 5th. In 2009, they were ranked 8th. Big whopping difference there huh ?

Now, if you had said that there was a slight drop after 2008, you might have had an argument. But that isn't what you said, now was it ? You said that Tebow wasn't HALF THE QB. In previous threats, you've made some other bullshit claims along the same lines.

Seriously, I don't know whether you are just trolling or of you really are that fucking stupid. Based on what I've seen from you before, I'd say it was the latter.

12. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Maybe it will be easier for you if we timeline things.

- In 2008, the Florida Gators were the best team in the nation, and won a Nation Championship.
    - In early 2009, exactly 3 Gators left the team - Harvin, Murphy, and Ingram.
    - Later in 2009, the Florida Gators were not the best team in the nation, and got crushed in the SEC Championship, despite being 6 point favorites.

Coincidence?

13. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

^So the Gators lost a 1st round draft choice who was one of the most electrifying players in the Nation in Percy Harvin, another very solid wr in Louis Murphy and dropped all the way from #1 in the nation to #2 in the nation. Wow! that really proves your point and means that Tebow was overrated, you silly, silly, stoopid lil man. Now run along and go read some more articles about Tebow.

14. Demosthenes9

Love how you try to spin things and make it look like others are the ones having problems.

I don't need to have a timeline to make things easier, as I am well aware of the facts.

2008 best team in nation, even though they lost a game to an UNRANKED Mississippi.

2009 lost 1 game to the eventual National Champs and ended the year ranked #3 in the AP poll.

That's some huge, major dropoff.

/sarcsm

15. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

^As I previously stated Florida's final 2009 ranking was #2, and that is the AP poll. Texas fell to 3rd after the loss to Bama, and Boise State was 4th. Not that #3 would be any help for him in his feeble argument.

16. Demosthenes9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_rankings

AP and USA Today Coaches poll each have Florida ranked at #3 in the final polls.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

If Tebow wasn't such a bad college player, he would have contributed on 3 national championship teams in four years.

18. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

I stand corrected Demosthenes, is that enough bait for the mole to come out of his hole?

19. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Tebow might just have had 3 if Carlos Dunlap didn't decide to get a DUI the Tuesday before the Bama game.

20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Painful memories. And those screens Alabama ran. Ugh.