Von Miller Tebowing tonight

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Agree to disagree, man. :)

I think that some people may be hung up on the use of the term "brand". Quite simply, he needs to protect his image of being a QB, because once it is gone, it will be hard to get back. I have played competitive sports, and personally I do whatever the coach/team needs, but I am not a professional athlete who has dedicated my life to being an NFL QB. With the success he's had so far, I think it would be a shame to squander it. Just my opinion, and I respect yours.

You know from my posts here that I never call anyone or their opinions "stupid" or "idiotic/idiots", even if I believe that they are. I treat people the same way on the internet as if they were in my face. I treat others with respect, and hope to receive the same in return, though I fully aware that it will not always be the case. That is where forum moderation comes into play.

2. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

I get what you mean QB. I think you are 100% right!!! If Tebow ever wants to be a QB in the league he needs to stop the "gimmick" crap and focus on being QB.

I don't know what the NFL future is for Tebow but it wont be at QB if he doesn't put his foot down.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

We are in violent agreement.

4. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

Tebow's biggest fault imo is that he's a people pleaser and yes ma'am/sir type personality. I don't see him putting his feet down and saying "no" to anything the team ask him to do anytime soon.

But back on topic I was going to post a great photo of Tebow and Von Miller at the golf tournament in April but I haven't met my quota yet to post links. :sad:

#24 iloveradiohead, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[​IMG]

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Do believe that he told his first HS coach no, to the extent of transferring to another school to play QB.

In my view, it's simple. He knows that he needs to continue to develop, and that is exactly what the Jets are doing with him. While that's going on, he has an opportunity to get on the field and contribute, instead of simply carrying a clip board like most backup QBs do.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, I have this notion that many saw what he did / how he was used this past week and think that's the extent of it. Just some little runs up the middle now and then with some handoffs for jet sweeps. I don't think that's the case. I'm still of the opinion that he'll be out there throwing quite a bit out of the gun and running Spread Option.

#26 Demosthenes9, Sep 12, 2012
  7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Isn't that anti-Tebow? The antithesis of his loyal grateful attitude towards NFL franchises

IMO that's the best reason to have him on the Jets

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow seems to be a nice guy, but I don't think he's a pushover. We'll see though.

9. iloveradiohead

His dad played a big part in him transferring high school to play QB though. He was a just a teenager.

We were talking about Tim putting him foot down and saying "no" to playing special teams. Being a punt protector isn't helping his development as a QB.

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Tebow's father playing a big part in him playing quarterback is pretty big understatement.

His father, being the wealthy and influential man that he was, played an large role in passing local legislation that would allow home schooled kids to participate in their local high school teams' sports activities. Being that the entire Tebow family was home schooled, this worked out well for them. The only stipulation to the law was that you had to play ball at the schools in your district.

You could also say that because the local high school would not play Tebow at quarterback, Tebow's father circumvented the law by changing Tim's mailing address to an apartment that he purchased, which Tim never lived at, in a different school district so that Tim could play quarterback at that school.

When you cant beat 'em, buy 'em.

11. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

LOLOL a guy clearly mocks the guy, and the Tebow fans see it as a tribute. Well done! LMFAO.

12. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

By the way, I had said in multiple threads "this man is never going to be an NFL QB b/c he won't be practicing it at ALL on the Jets".....and now that the Tebow fans realize that yes, he is in fact merely a gimmick player and special teamer, they now are crying about him "not being able to learn"....LMFAO....

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Von miller is one of his best friends and said he did it as a tribute after the game.

You are delusional.

14. iloveradiohead

Phaytal, as a Tebow hater I will give you credit for being well read on his life and back story. I meant that as a compliment, this board is bit volatile and people seem to enjoy insulting each other.

I'm actually surprise to see you here. I knew some Tebow haters would follow him to Jets, but you're the last one I expected to see. I was actually expecting to see Oilersfan and Neckbeard, unless they're under different usernames.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Do you just take a stab, and hope nobody knows the true facts? The law was changed in 1996 in Florida (when Tebow was nine years old), through the lobbying efforts of a woman named Brenda Dickinson. The law was named after her late husband, "The Craig Dickinson Act." It got the momentum when the women's caucus got behind it.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Tim and his mother lived in that apartment. How do you expect people to take your word for it, when you're caught in a lie like the one I pointed out above?

Tim was shattering the record book in Florida, leading his team to the state championship. He was under the tightest of scrutiny, and lived in the apartment in the school district.

17. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

You will never get the best of me! NEVAR! :breakdance:

#37 The Swamp, Sep 12, 2012