2012 Week 2 New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

If we are going to win we need to play 100 times better at the linebacker level. pitt will amke us pay for poor coverage over the middle and not getting to the outside on offtackle runs and sweeps.

pass rush also needs to step it up big time. if big ben can extend plays its trouble

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Have to get to Roethlisberger better than they did Fitzpatrick for sure, and I think Antonio Brown, not Mike Wallace, should spend the afternoon on Revis Island.

3. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Denver seemed to handle them pretty easily. Might not be as big a task as it seems on paper.

4. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

this is gonna be a hard game to win. obviously containing their rapist qb is a must as he always seems to have our number, especially since hes so big and evasive our blitz seems to be ineffective. i really think he's the toughest qb to gameplan for in the NFL. we need a big special teams play early like we got from brad smith in their building in '10

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I don't think he is the toughest QB to prepare for or even close. He is most definitely the hardest QB to tackle. Guy is a monster and we have to tackle better this game if we are going to win. I think the Steelers are still pretty banged up by next weekend. Originally I predicted Jets beat the Bills and lose to the Steelers but I like our chances this weekend better than I first thought. If Mendenhall doesn't play our chances go up a bit more.

6. Classyy61

Classyy61 New Member

Our Lb didn't look good against the run because it was Spiller who's a speedster. Steelers Rb aren't speedster so i think we could stop them! The only problem will be Big Ben abilities to extend the play! I hate him but hes really good at it!

7. Jett

Jett Member

make no mistake, this will be a hard game to win. We will have to play great on every phase of the game. Steelers are coming off a loss which makes winning even more difficult. Hitting Roethlisberger and getting him to the ground is crucial. Antonio Brown will be the factor next week, I wonder how we will handle him. Roethlisberger doesn't go down easily and is the best in the business with extending the play. If our secondary doesn't give up on a play and stick their assignments, Ben will get frustrated. Their defense is good and scoring on them will be harder than scoring on the Bills.

If we win this game it will prove we are not pretenders.

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

i dont know if blitzing Ben is a great idea. If you dont get there you are gonna pay AND even if you do get there he can drag your LB on his leg for a few seconds and extend the play.

They are going to try to attack us short over the middle. Miller..etc. Maybe a deep shot or two...we have seen that Cro can get toasted by speedy WRs at times. And I still have nightmares about what RM did too us in the AFCCG.

Were not going to be able run that well and I think they are just gonna constanly be blitzing Sanchez. IF Im them I would just go all out after him and say...if were going to lose then itll be because he alone beat us.

This team just cant believe the bullshit after 1 Week. the jets have a history of shit stomping a team then coming back next week with a half assed effort.

#88 HOI, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You said it there!!!!! Consistency has been the bane of the Jets since I have been a fan...and that's a LOT of years. I'd like to see a couple shit stompings in a row, please!

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Heyyyy, one shit stomping at a time ok??? :)

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Having Pouha Thomas and Smith back for this game will be big for our run D. Hopefully Revis can play too. Steelers O line is awful right now and if Mendenhall doesn't play I like our chances.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The running game has been inept so far for the Steelers and I don't think the Broncos defense is that good against the run. Last night I noticed the Steelers converting more on 3rd and long than 3rd and short. We have to stop Big Ben from making plays. 3rd down defense needs to step up and we need to generate more pressure next week.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

indeed ... we have a chance to go up 3 games (2 and a tie breaker) on a conference contender. thats huge no matter how early in the season it is

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

The secondary was big for us in this game, I'm hoping that our pass rush has a big game against the Steelers. Big Ben holds on to the ball a lot longer than Fitzpatrick does so they'll have the opportunity...he does seem pretty elusive when the pocket starts to collapse though.

Hopefully the Steelers will gameplan more for against our pass and wildcat which could free up our run game a bit, that would be a big help.

I feel like either we'll have to get lucky or the Steelers will have to have a bad showing/injury for us to win though. A sort of "they have to beat themselves" and not us beating them type thing. But I guess we'll see what happens.

15. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

The Steelers getting Ryan Clark back into the lineup improves the whole defense overall. We've seen how the secondary struggles twice now in Denver without him in the lineup.

If the Steelers can improve their efficiency in the red zone too that will make a difference. Their inability to score TD's instead of FG's doomed them yesterday.

It'd also be nice to see the Steelers have all their starting linebackers start a game sometime soon. Can't remember the last time that happened.

This Steeler Defense has lost a lot of edge since Goodell started fining physical play. I'm hoping yesterday was the case of a hall of fame quarterback punishing a depleted defense, but I'm not so sure.

I also think Denver's defense is for real. Young, Hungry pass rush, and Tracy Porter is a huge upgrade to that secondary. Denver is just a tough place to play to begin with, but you add Peyton Manning to that team and it makes them even more formidable.

I was moving furniture during the early games so unfortunately I didn't get to watch any of the Jets game. What is the status of Revis?

16. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Too soon to tell mild concussin

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Rex said that Revis attended all team meetings and seemed like his normal self.

I think they'll hold him out of practice on Wednesday or Thursday, maybe both, but that he'll play Sunday. If a "normal" concussion keeps some players out one game, some none, I'd assume a mild one would able Revis to play on Sunday.

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

In Denver with some guy named Peyton Manning.

This will be a real test for GangGreen.

19. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I consider this a revenge game... The Steelers cost us the Superbowl back in 2010. We lost the AFC Championship Game to them by FIVE LOUSY POINTS! We might have another Superbowl ring right now if not for this stupid team.

Five points... Five lousy points from the Superbowl... and this idiotic team is who kept us from getting there...

Yeah, I wanna see the Jets wipe the floor with this team for that.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Basically with the way they do concussion tests now if they determine that you are thinking slower than usual and can't complete certain tests within a certain amount of time you have a concussion. Revis said himself he felt fine yesterday and I think Rex said today he talked to him today and he said he felt fine which is good because sometimes a concussion won't really be noticeable until after you sleep on it.

Glad to hear he went to all his meetings today